HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Offensive Technician Tips

Community

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Smith0729

Smith0729

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted October 14 2014 - 07:41 AM

Here are some Offensive Technician tips that i have seen when I am playing Technician

1. Learn to Dodge. You won't get anywhere if you don't know how to dodge. Its and important skill to have!
Get an Air Compressor internal its a must(Not really but it helps).

2. If you learn how to peek-a-boo its great. Even though Technician doesn't have great burst damage. Its still better to do it. If you can put a little amount of damage into him while you don't take any at all.

3. Be careful of heat generation especially with with the Redox-02 and the Hawkins-RPR. These two weapons with the combination of with the Helix Repair Tool with generate alot of heat.

4. Remember the "Vampire mode" with the Helix Repair Tool (the secondary mode). It will heal you and cause damage. Also it has a longer range the the healing mode but it is more narrow. Always have this on your enemy because it damages them and also it heals you.

5. Weapons of Choice
   Redox-02 - for killing its not that useful when you're by yourself. Generates alot of heat, it has a projectile speed, and you have to be accurate. if you miss that is more heat you're generating. Which is BAD!

Hawkins-RPR - The best by far in my opinion.  It gives the best damage output when fighting other mechs. It does generate a bit of heat so be cautious.

PNN-22 - Its OK when trying to go offensive. If you are really good and dodging and peek-a-boo go ahead and use it. it doesn't not give as much damage as the Hawkins-RPR. Also It doesn't generate alot of heat. So you can prolong you gun battles.

6. Since you have the least amount of armor than anyone in the game. Only go attack when they are distracted or when its a 1v1. if there is even 2 people shooting you good luck trying to get the kill because you will probably be dead already.

7. Flanking. If you can pull of a good flank. You will catch them by surprise and not notice until to late. By the time they start attacking you. You should put at least a 1/3 or even 1/2 their health. A tip that that works great for me is when they start putting bullets into you. Activate your ability Amplification. This will heal you alot faster than normal. Trust me this ability will save your life.

8. Knowing when to escape. You will have to escape and repair most of the time when you first start using this strategy. After a while you will learn when to escape and attack. Remember that you have the lowest health in the game.

9. Items you should use. Barricades. Place this down and use it to heal yourself. When you are really low on health. Place the barricade and if you haven't used Amplification use it and repair the barricade so it will heal you. So now you have full health against a target that has already lost some HP.
   Repair Charge. Run away and put this down to heal you. most likely they will chase you down and by the time they get to you. You will have more health then you did before to fight longer.

10. Internals. Air Compressor. As stated in tip 1. You need it to dodge peoples attack
   Replenisher. After one kill it reduces 25% of your ability cooldown. Assist 12.5%. This will be able to use your Amplification ability more often
These are my personal preferences. You do not have to have these internals get for what best for you!

11. Knowing when to switch between healing mode and vampire mode. My personal opinion is that when your teammate has most of his health don't worry about it until he has reached to atleast half health to be safe to heal him. Also when you are really low on health and there is a teammate nearby. Change to the healing mode and heal him. So you can be healed and be dodging at the same time.
  It does take some experience to know when to change between healing and vamping. So go ahead when you're offensive tech and take a look around you about your teammates. Going Offensive Tech doesn't mean only go for kills. So don't be afraid to heal a person once in a while for his and your benefit!

Hope these tips will help you become a better Technician ready for battle!

Thanks to Merls link in my previous topic I posted. I have used some of his tips from his Technician guide.

Edited by Smith0729, October 14 2014 - 01:35 PM.

#2 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted October 14 2014 - 07:59 AM

Offensive Tech Tips:

1. drop a shield
2. face back end towards enemy group
3. emote
4. __
5. profit, somehow, I guess_

Edited by TwentyFirstPilot, October 14 2014 - 08:00 AM.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

#3 PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationWestern Wisconsin

Posted October 14 2014 - 08:10 AM

I don't agree with playing peekaboo as a tech.  Every other mech is better at it.  Use that fast walk speed and get up in his grill (or just to the side of it).

#4 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted October 14 2014 - 08:19 AM

my tuppence:
use caution when hogging 3 slots with Replenisher (TDM, DM. it's variable with Co-op, as the Wave cycles, & MA or Siege, but not by much),  a 10 minute match will give you 8 back-to-back Amplified red or green rays, or 10 Amplified red-rays or green rays with Replenisher. that's in immediate succession, with your mech getting a 10 kill-streak score. i've made 11, but i was a sweat-soaked wreck when the match was over.
assists mathematically come out getting you barely more than 8 as well.
I'm not saying Replenisher is a waste of 3 slots, i've found other internals that fit the fights much better. just MHO.
it's much more sensible to just do the Healer Tech for half or better of your match, tote mk3 repair charges for your fat buddies, and use a mk3 Repair kit for yourself, instead.
even better, have 2 or 3 Techs geared up with your favorite internal/item configurations for different maps or gameplay categories. that way you can switch Techs between matches, since you can't swap stuff in one mech without leaving the server. this is good for all your main mechs.
enjoy! :)

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#5 Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationBelgium, GMT+1

Posted October 14 2014 - 08:23 AM

We should duel sometime, maybe at one of the events :).

I mostly agree with your setup, but I'd make a few changes.

- I would advise not using the peekaboo tactic, and go full on flanking. Peekaboo implies that you get behind a wall, peek out, shoot, and get back behind that wall. The tech doesn't have enough damage to make your enemy not simply rush you down. What you need to do is move around. Try to get behind your enemy. This works especially well on areas with multiple levels (like the AA at front line for example, hence why we use it for fightclubs). Remember, the tech has the fastest walk speed, use this to your advantage when flanking to stay off that radar.

I'm gonna share with you a trade secret, some of my favorite maneuvers.

Rush them. They won't expect it (at least not for the first encounter). Get very close to them, and when they try to back off you jump and airdoge on top of them. Crushing damage is always a plus. Try not to land behind them, because they might be able to 180 and shoot you in the side. Try to land next to them and utilize their turn cap. This'll buy you an extra half second of free damage. aka "fuzzy bunny bloodsucker"

Another thing you can do is select the barricade and hold down the key with which to deploy it. This will launch the barricade and block the enemy. Use this window to get close for that red beam of hopes and dreams. If the enemy has seen through your tactic, there is barricade you can green beam off. Huzzah.

In short: Get in close and stick to the side. Amplification doesn't increase damage on the deconstructor, but it does increase it's self repair rate. Get some damage in that tech, the best way to survive is not get shot, and you make them not shoot you by shooting them first.

Edited by Dr_Freeze001, October 14 2014 - 08:25 AM.

#6 ReachH

ReachH

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,459 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted October 14 2014 - 08:42 AM

could you talk a bit about switching between offensive and support mentality_

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on October 23 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

Development happens.

Posted Image

#7 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted October 14 2014 - 11:58 AM

View PostDr_Freeze001, on October 14 2014 - 08:23 AM, said:

Amplification doesn't increase damage on the deconstructor,
has something changed in the deconstructor_
it seems to be relative to the green beam under Amplification
never believe what you read on the Inter Toobz_
http://www.playhawke...echs/technician
:D

Edited by EM1O, October 14 2014 - 12:00 PM.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#8 Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationBelgium, GMT+1

Posted October 14 2014 - 12:15 PM

View PostEM1O, on October 14 2014 - 11:58 AM, said:

View PostDr_Freeze001, on October 14 2014 - 08:23 AM, said:

Amplification doesn't increase damage on the deconstructor,
has something changed in the deconstructor_
it seems to be relative to the green beam under Amplification
never believe what you read on the Inter Toobz_
http://www.playhawke...echs/technician
:D

I do believe that page hasn't been updated for about half a year, maybe longer. Maybe you should't believe what you read on outdated webpages.

The most recent data I can access are the spreadsheets and as far as I can decipher there is no factual info about the amplification ability. Therefore I will use my experience as a tech player and claim that Amplification has no effect on the damage dealt by the deconstructor, and if it is present then it's weak enough to be of no use to the tech.

Unless someone wants to test this with me for accurate damage readings, my point still stands.

Links for reference:
https://docs.google....#gid=1193310626
https://docs.google....1#gid=416460446
http://hawken.heroku...er/Dr_Freeze001

Edited by Dr_Freeze001, October 14 2014 - 12:22 PM.

#9 Smith0729

Smith0729

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted October 14 2014 - 01:20 PM

Sorry ill fix that then i just assumed it did more damage never really paid attention to it

View PostPoopSlinger, on October 14 2014 - 08:10 AM, said:

I don't agree with playing peekaboo as a tech.  Every other mech is better at it.  Use that fast walk speed and get up in his grill (or just to the side of it).

im not saying its the best strategy but it has helped me multiple time throughout a battle so i included that in the tips

#10 mittens800

mittens800

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted October 15 2014 - 01:59 PM

I don't think amplication affects beam, but haven't tested it that much.

Tech is slippery, therefore get up close and dance around opponent.

Unbelievable how many people cannot hit a tech in front of their face.

#11 Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationBelgium, GMT+1

Posted October 15 2014 - 02:36 PM

Yup, After the event tonight I did some quick tests with the awesome people who stayed a bit longer. This was handled super sientifically  (shooting people a lot).

The results where: To within a margin of 15 armor (this is +15 and -15, depending on the timing of the person shooting), the damage done without the amplification active was 130 and with amplification active was 130.

This means that in the 6 seconds amplification lasts (5,4,3,2,1,0) you can do 130 damage, which equals 21.66... dps. This is close to the 20 dps shown in the spreadsheet.

The more you know.

#12 Smith0729

Smith0729

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted October 15 2014 - 03:29 PM

View PostDr_Freeze001, on October 15 2014 - 02:36 PM, said:

Yup, After the event tonight I did some quick tests with the awesome people who stayed a bit longer. This was handled super sientifically  (shooting people a lot).

The results where: To within a margin of 15 armor (this is +15 and -15, depending on the timing of the person shooting), the damage done without the amplification active was 130 and with amplification active was 130.

This means that in the 6 seconds amplification lasts (5,4,3,2,1,0) you can do 130 damage, which equals 21.66... dps. This is close to the 20 dps shown in the spreadsheet.

The more you know.

Nice thats great to know thanks for the information!!!

#13 CANCORT

CANCORT

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • LocationCHILE

Posted October 28 2014 - 06:25 AM

I should mention that all these techniques are valid ... but ineffective unless they have the support of your team ... to what I say ... if you're alone (or in a team rookie) you should not go for tech ... because only you will be the target for the enemy team, then you should go with an assault class mech ...

Insist .. all techniques are effective but when one team destroys the enemy really is when in communication with your team.

Please can we have the task to us, the more veterans to teach the novice, not just brand them noobs and kick the pc hoping to end the match fast

-------------------------------------------
Cabe mencionar que todas estas técnicas son validas... pero ineficaces si no tiene el apoyo de tu team... a lo que digo... si estas solo (o en un team novato) no te conviene ir de tech... ya que solo seras la diana para el team enemigo, en ese caso te conviene ir con algún mech de clase asalto...

Insisto.. todas las técnicas son efectivas pero cuando uno realmente destroza al team enemigo es cuando esta en comunicación con su team.

Por favor,  nos queda de tarea a nosotros, los mas veteranos enseñar a los novatos, no solo tacharlos de noobs y patear el pc esperando que termine rápido el match

Edited by CANCORT, October 28 2014 - 06:29 AM.

.Yo soy la sangre del indio ... Soy latino ...Soy mestizo...Somos de todos colores Y de todos los oficios Y si contamos los siglos...Aunque le duela al vecino Somos mas americanos Que todititos los norteamericanos... -NO OFFENSE-

Posted Image

http://clan_team_hs.mforos.com/

#14 Smith0729

Smith0729

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted October 28 2014 - 07:40 AM

View PostCANCORT, on October 28 2014 - 06:25 AM, said:

I should mention that all these techniques are valid ... but ineffective unless they have the support of your team ... to what I say ... if you're alone (or in a team rookie) you should not go for tech ... because only you will be the target for the enemy team, then you should go with an assault class mech ...

Insist .. all techniques are effective but when one team destroys the enemy really is when in communication with your team.

Please can we have the task to us, the more veterans to teach the novice, not just brand them noobs and kick the pc hoping to end the match fast

With any mech, Technician especially. Never go out alone always be with your team. Not saying you have to stay with the group all the time but when you have team members helping you out is always better than by yourself.
These are just tips as well not a great play style but its there just to help out a little.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Community

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users