HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Mech Rank Reset to 0

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 Korriban87

Korriban87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationA galaxy far far away...

Posted October 28 2012 - 02:14 AM

View Postjayeeyee, on October 27 2012 - 08:35 PM, said:

DO NOT hit the progression tab or any other tab for that matter after a game ends.  Let it cycle through the tabs automatically and you should be able to avoid this problem.  If for some reason you followed the above instructions and it reverts back to Rank 0 from w/e your previously rank was, exit the match and sync the game from the main screen.  If that doesn't work, exit the game entirely and launch it again so it re-syncs and this should fix the bug.

Even letting the tabs cycle automatically and closing the game to let it sync didn't worked, I managd to save exp till lvl 2. Today i opened the game, played 2 team DM, reached 75% and then it went back to 0.
I guess the problem is quite random.

Edited by Korriban87, October 28 2012 - 02:14 AM.

#62 apatios

apatios

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted October 28 2012 - 06:29 AM

View Postjayeeyee, on October 27 2012 - 08:35 PM, said:

DO NOT hit the progression tab or any other tab for that matter after a game ends.  Let it cycle through the tabs automatically and you should be able to avoid this problem.  If for some reason you followed the above instructions and it reverts back to Rank 0 from w/e your previously rank was, exit the match and sync the game from the main screen.  If that doesn't work, exit the game entirely and launch it again so it re-syncs and this should fix the bug.

Guys, you have to understand this is a beta release and there will be countless bugs.  Just be patience and let the devs. do their thing.  I'm sure they're fully aware of the bugs in the game.  Hence the word "beta".

apparently this fixed the problem for me, i am now level 2 from 0, i have closed and opened the launcher a few times between matches to check. for now at least it works

#63 RipperT

RipperT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationEarth, last time I checked

Posted October 28 2012 - 07:17 PM

The latest issue I have had with this is at the end of a game my high level unit shows level reset to zero. I exit the game and the level is returned to what it was before the game I was in started without any of the gain from the battle. At least I did not loose 14 levels.

#64 HazaRDReborN

HazaRDReborN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 07:25 PM

I am still getting dropped in lvls. The last few times it happened it didn't drop me to 0 like the 1st many times it happened, but to lvl 3 instead. I've gone to lvl 4 around 5 to 6 times, and I keep dropping back down to lvl 3 every single time.

#65 Fascist_Fish

Fascist_Fish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 08:20 PM

Same here. I had mine reset afer i gained 2 lvls in one match.

#66 Aelieth

Aelieth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationShawnee, Oklahoma or Nagoya, Japan

Posted October 28 2012 - 08:20 PM

If you notice at the end of game your level has dropped, CTRL ALT DEL and kill the Hawken tasks ASAP to keep the server from syncing its corrupted data back to your account. You'll notice it's going to fuzzy bunny up if you have empty slots in a game. Why_ Because games fill up fast, and this is the biggest give away. It's happened to me twice tonight. I've been able to catch it before it screws my mech over.
Posted Image
Seriously suicidal scrapheap operator

#67 marshalade

marshalade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • LocationGasland, Pa, USA

Posted October 28 2012 - 08:34 PM

Last game of CB1 for me was siege, netted 22,000 exp after my doubler. I didn't receive any of it as it was wasted after being applied to my mech at level zero. This was the same bug that has occurred for me multiple times over the weekend. I allowed the game to fully tally all scores, that was not the cause.

Posted Image
A tidal wave of marshalade...

#68 RipperT

RipperT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationEarth, last time I checked

Posted October 28 2012 - 08:58 PM

I have had at least five games today with the end game showing level 0 on my primary unit used. Each time I have let the end screen cycle normally and when a unit shows level 0 I have exited the game and the unit has returned to the specs and level prior to entering the game. It has happened on siege and missle maps as those seem to be what I can get connected to today.

#69 Nerrage

Nerrage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 09:03 PM

My experience was that if I clicked the progression tab before it went there automatically, my XP would be reset to 0.

Additionally, leaving games early (usually do to a dropped connection on my end D:) would cause no XP to be awarded. If I went to the settings menu while the final end game screen and it didn't go to the final tab, all my XP would be lost.

Edited by Nerrage, October 28 2012 - 09:05 PM.

#70 marshalade

marshalade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • LocationGasland, Pa, USA

Posted October 28 2012 - 09:18 PM

View PostNerrage, on October 28 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

ditionally, leaving games early (usually do to a dropped connection on my end D:) would cause no XP to be awarded.

This bothered me as well. It's not quite relevant to this topic but I feel it needs to be fixed. I could play 90% of a game, but if I leave before its over or dc I don't get any reward at all.

Posted Image
A tidal wave of marshalade...

#71 Trolled

Trolled

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 09:52 PM

The mech itself doesn't reset anymore but the reset bug is still there and causes you to lose all progress accumulated in the match.
gotta go slow

#72 RO4DK1LL

RO4DK1LL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationConstanta

Posted October 29 2012 - 04:26 AM

Bug: Stuck in the 0-1 loop.
Cause: Unknown.
Reproduction: 10/10.
Severity: 5.

#73 CyanideFuse

CyanideFuse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted October 29 2012 - 05:40 AM

My mech has been put back to level 0 many times today.  If I quit the game and come back in my mech is back to where it should be but my previous match XP has not been added.

I make a point of not pressing any of the tabs and I let the scoreboard and progression screens loop naturally.

I have a lost a lot of XP this morning and it seems worse today.

#74 cleancash

cleancash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn ny

Posted October 29 2012 - 08:26 AM

same it happened on titan missle  with my assault mech filled to 0then reset  
hasent done it im lvl 2 now

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users