HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Classes Beserker and Assault are UP

Community

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Mboxel

Mboxel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 09:41 PM

Is it just me or are the A-class mechs under powered. Most of my deaths are caused by classes B and C. also whenever i die to a A-class a C or B class has damaged me.

Although it is nice to be faster i still cant escape from battle because i will get owned before i can get away,  about only 10% of my escape atempts are sucessfull.

Suggestions: More Health, and fuel, and maby an offensive slowing abilty added

#2 BeefSoupreme

BeefSoupreme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 09:57 PM

Couldn't disagree more on the berzerk class. The high mobility coupled with their special ability (increased dmg) has given me numerous 5+ kill streaks.

#3 MrSpaceCat

MrSpaceCat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationIn space

Posted October 27 2012 - 10:11 PM

I main a Beserker. I use the "drop a healthkit" defensive utility combined with the offensive turret utility in case I need a backup gun which can watch my back. The healthkit is useful for when you really need a quick pick me up and there's no other health drops nearby and you don't have time to "C" heal. Also I'm putting tech points into mostly damage and mobility to help me move quickly from fight to fight and hopefully finish fights quickly. I bought a passive "armor" defensive utility which is supposed to help negate bullet damage, probably the most common damage a 'zerker would encounter.

openly assaulting bigger mechs is a sure way to get you killed if you're without backup and they see you coming. Flanking and ambushes and quick kills seem to be what the 'zerker is designed for. In a tight spot the damage up ability can save your metal ass. I survived a 1v1 against a heavy class with around 3 health left thanks to the damage up.

This is supposed to be you driving a mech you're accustomed to, you're supposed to customize it to your playstyle and work with it.

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on November 21 2012 - 02:39 PM, said:

There has to be some basis in logic, otherwise I should be able to pilot a fluffy pink elephant around that killed people with rainbow farts.

#4 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted October 28 2012 - 12:36 AM

View PostMboxel, on October 27 2012 - 09:41 PM, said:

Is it just me or are the A-class mechs under powered. Most of my deaths are caused by classes B and C. also whenever i die to a A-class a C or B class has damaged me.

Although it is nice to be faster i still cant escape from battle because i will get owned before i can get away,  about only 10% of my escape atempts are sucessfull.

Sounds like you just need more practice.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#5 TiberianFiend

TiberianFiend

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 01:10 AM

The mech I like to play is underpowered and all the rest are overpowered.

#6 Glothrenite

Glothrenite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationSt Kilda, Australia

Posted October 28 2012 - 01:22 AM

as a Brawler I die mostly to zerkers ... and it always seems to be in the back or side ... maybe you need to try something different ... and if youre running away .. youre already dead.
Posted Image

#7 defekt

defekt

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 05:45 AM

View PostGlothrenite, on October 28 2012 - 01:22 AM, said:

... and if youre running away .. youre already dead.
Not if you're riding a Mobility specced A-class.  Those little b'stards can only be caught by another Mobility specced A-class - or a Sabot rifle round!

Levity aside, it takes much more skill to escape than it does to pursue so, broadly speaking, you're right: if you're running you're in big trouble.  Anyone who is at least fairly proficient at escape tactics doubles their chances of survival in a Mobility specced A-class.  (B-class mechs sometimes get away; C-class ones almost never escape.)

#8 Riplink

Riplink

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 06:03 AM

Would be useful to you to know the status of the A class mechs in Alpha, they were OP, too fast, too much dmg, impossible to shoot. Probably now they have been balanced. About berserker, i havent tested them so i dont know.

#9 CakeBandit

CakeBandit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSears, shopping for mech chassis.

Posted October 28 2012 - 06:04 AM

I'm seeing a lot of posts about something be underpowered in comparison to the middle-weight classes. I think people are approaching the idea of balance in the context of one on one brawling and not looking at their potential uses within the context of teamplay.

in plain Deathmatch middle-weight mechs are going to be you primary combatants. They're pretty much perfect for it. They're mobile, have adequate lastability, and incredibly versatile skillsets that you can apply to a lot of scenarios.

Lights aren't going to be able to go toe-to-toe with that. You've got toe stick to the rooftops and try to pick off weak mechs before someone else can score the kill.

Heavies aren't generally going to be able to keep up with the pace of combat. Without the ability to reposition quickly they're going to soak a lot of damage and attract a lot of enemies that know that someone is going to be limping after an engagement. Without getting out of dodge they're going to be hard-pressed to find a quiet place where they can repair themselves.

But in a team_ Lights can quickly probe around corners and push enemies out of cover for assaults and heavies to handle. Heavies are going to both have people to watch their back as they repair and be able to turn themselves into portable cover for the less armored mechs in play.

A lot of the balance issues are sometimes just cases of pilots using socket wrenches on nails.
Posted Image

#10 Coot

Coot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted October 28 2012 - 06:50 AM

Infiltrator is definitely the most deadly mech used in a half decent players hand

#11 Rotaken

Rotaken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationMilk cartoon

Posted October 28 2012 - 11:03 AM

No, if something  they are still too OP (though I wish they won't get nerfed) as my great war strategy is to charge head-on to opponents and 95% of time I win maintaining k/d of 3. Especially class C is easy to take down cause it does not move much.

#12 Juodvarnis

Juodvarnis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted October 28 2012 - 11:04 AM

They're underpowered_

Posted Image
*sigh*

#13 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted October 28 2012 - 11:17 AM

I love my berserker. The Mobi chassis is so neat-looking to me and I can just fly up people's asses all day and make them feel bad. Team coordination is a must in this game, IMO, at least for teamplay modes.

Edited by Beefsweat, October 28 2012 - 11:18 AM.

Posted Image

#14 Mboxel

Mboxel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 11:30 AM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on October 28 2012 - 12:36 AM, said:

View PostMboxel, on October 27 2012 - 09:41 PM, said:

Sounds like you just need more practice.
nah i rocked the A-classes in the previous beta. i am using the same tactics but now i got owned

#15 Mboxel

Mboxel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 11:32 AM

View PostCakeBandit, on October 28 2012 - 06:04 AM, said:

I'm seeing a lot of posts about something be underpowered in comparison to the middle-weight classes. I think people are approaching the idea of balance in the context of one on one brawling and not looking at their potential uses within the context of teamplay.

in plain Deathmatch middle-weight mechs are going to be you primary combatants. They're pretty much perfect for it. They're mobile, have adequate lastability, and incredibly versatile skillsets that you can apply to a lot of scenarios.

Lights aren't going to be able to go toe-to-toe with that. You've got toe stick to the rooftops and try to pick off weak mechs before someone else can score the kill.

Heavies aren't generally going to be able to keep up with the pace of combat. Without the ability to reposition quickly they're going to soak a lot of damage and attract a lot of enemies that know that someone is going to be limping after an engagement. Without getting out of dodge they're going to be hard-pressed to find a quiet place where they can repair themselves.

But in a team_ Lights can quickly probe around corners and push enemies out of cover for assaults and heavies to handle. Heavies are going to both have people to watch their back as they repair and be able to turn themselves into portable cover for the less armored mechs in play.

A lot of the balance issues are sometimes just cases of pilots using socket wrenches on nails.
your right i have no chance in a one on one battle and if i can only kill other A-classes whats the point

#16 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted October 28 2012 - 11:37 AM

View PostMboxel, on October 28 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

your right i have no chance in a one on one battle and if i can only kill other A-classes whats the point

If you're somewhat smart about it an A-class can take down any other class of mech in a 1-on-1.
Posted Image

#17 Mboxel

Mboxel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 11:40 AM

View PostBeefsweat, on October 28 2012 - 11:37 AM, said:

View PostMboxel, on October 28 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

If you're somewhat smart about it an A-class can take down any other class of mech in a 1-on-1.
not realy the alpha build A-classes were way better

#18 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted October 28 2012 - 11:43 AM

View PostMboxel, on October 28 2012 - 11:40 AM, said:

Well, uh, yeah really. Not trying to boast or brag or anything but I've taken down B and C class mechs as an A-class with minor internal mods. I've even got video evidence. It's really not all that hard...

Edited by Beefsweat, October 28 2012 - 11:44 AM.

Posted Image

#19 Mboxel

Mboxel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 11:46 AM

View PostBeefsweat, on October 28 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

Well, uh, yeah really. Not trying to boast or brag or anything but I've taken down B and C class mechs as an A-class with minor internal mods. I've even got video evidence. It's really not all that hard...
Don

View PostBeefsweat, on October 28 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

dont worry bro, i belive you

#20 vince

vince

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 11:49 AM

Got 19/0/15 in the last siege game with Assault. Just because you were good in the Alpha does not mean they're now underpowered. Learn to adapt.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Community

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users