HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

rocket overpowered

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 v3nom4

v3nom4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 04:39 PM

is it just me or is the TOW rocket overpowered as hell_
i have a best killstreak of 17 by using assault.. most my damage is just by hitting them with a rocket in the face. anybody else think the rocket should be nerfed a bit_ O_o

#2 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted October 28 2012 - 04:45 PM

Nah. Sounds like you're either just better than average, or there's still plenty of new people getting used to the game, dying from inexperience.
Possibly a combination of both.

Edited by AsianJoyKiller, October 28 2012 - 04:45 PM.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#3 z121231211

z121231211

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 04:45 PM

There are just a lot more people new to the game. Wait until you can play with more experienced opponents before labeling things OP.
Desert Fox

#4 Hadraziel

Hadraziel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 04:52 PM

I remember a table on this forum with the max damage output of each weapon, heat per sec, etc.
The two launcher was really not the most powerful weapon, it has a damage output equal to the rocket launcher. Weapons such as the flak canon, heat seaker or Hawkins have a lot more damage output if I remember correctly.

Edited by Hadraziel, October 28 2012 - 04:52 PM.

#5 Celros

Celros

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted October 28 2012 - 05:08 PM

I think their a fine atm, you just need take them consideration when fighting anyone and remember they can be triggered blow up anytime while youre dodging them :)
Bring it on! :)

#6 Silk_Sk

Silk_Sk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 05:11 PM

I just find it incredibly annoying that it goes through shields. Most of the time I throw one down I get a TOW to the face and I find myself wondering why I ever bother. The shield felt like it actually had a purpose in Alpha. Now, not so much.
Posted Image

#7 Woonam

Woonam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 05:16 PM

View PostSilk_Sk, on October 28 2012 - 05:11 PM, said:

I just find it incredibly annoying that it goes through shields. Most of the time I throw one down I get a TOW to the face and I find myself wondering why I ever bother. The shield felt like it actually had a purpose in Alpha. Now, not so much.

Considering that most people will only have access to the Infiltrator and Assault at the moment, the shield is only going to be semi effective. Against players using weapons that only fire bullets(sharpshooter) it's still good. Items have always been situational IMO, I try not to rely on them

#8 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted October 28 2012 - 05:47 PM

View PostWoonam, on October 28 2012 - 05:16 PM, said:

View PostSilk_Sk, on October 28 2012 - 05:11 PM, said:

Considering that most people will only have access to the Infiltrator and Assault at the moment, the shield is only going to be semi effective. Against players using weapons that only fire bullets(sharpshooter) it's still good. Items have always been situational IMO, I try not to rely on them

+1. The TOW is fine as it is, I think. You can get great results from it or you can get punished by using it poorly.

Edited by Beefsweat, October 28 2012 - 05:47 PM.

Posted Image

#9 Evil_Adolf

Evil_Adolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted October 28 2012 - 06:12 PM

Having played a fuzzy bunny-load this weekend, it's safe to say that the TOW isn't really that OP. I use the Infiltrator and I haven't noticed rocket mechs as having an edge over anything else. Honestly, So far, there hasn't been a weapon that stood out as being OP.

#10 JustJake

JustJake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 06:21 PM

The Sabot Rifle is the only OP weapon.

Posted Image

#11 Celros

Celros

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted October 29 2012 - 01:02 AM

Ive noticed too that some sharpshooters be owning too often, considering they can hit moving, dodging a way too easily.

Edited by Celros, October 30 2012 - 07:12 AM.

Bring it on! :)

#12 PiVoR

PiVoR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted October 29 2012 - 01:05 AM

I also feel that TOW is stronger from alpha, or maybe its that Assault Rifle, Berserkers and Assaults are doing pretty well from before.

#13 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted October 29 2012 - 01:19 AM

View PostJustJake, on October 28 2012 - 06:21 PM, said:

The lowest damage special weapon is the most OP_
That's odd, especially since it's the only special that can be negated entirely by shields
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#14 PiVoR

PiVoR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted October 29 2012 - 01:44 AM

View PostBeemann, on October 29 2012 - 01:19 AM, said:

That's odd, especially since it's the only special that can be negated entirely by shields
This, SABOT got lowest dps in the game and each missed shot is so unforgiving.

#15 link0

link0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted October 29 2012 - 01:06 PM

Well the Sabot is also the only HitScan weapon, so it's easier to hit.

#16 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted October 29 2012 - 01:10 PM

View Postlink0, on October 29 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

Well the Sabot is also the only HitScan weapon, so it's easier to hit.
There's no method of compensation for a miss though, on the flip side
The TOW and GL can hit even without directly colliding with the target, and the GL can basically be used as a mine for a short period of time
Your primary options are also a lot better on non-sharpshooter classes. The Slug compliments the Sabot nicely, but that's only because low firerate isn't such a problem at those ranges
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#17 FluxX

FluxX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted October 29 2012 - 01:54 PM

View Postv3nom4, on October 28 2012 - 04:39 PM, said:

is it just me or is the TOW rocket overpowered as hell_
i have a best killstreak of 17 by using assault.. most my damage is just by hitting them with a rocket in the face. anybody else think the rocket should be nerfed a bit_ O_o
No. Grenade does the same damage, and can fire over obstacles, bounce around corners and with good aim go just as far in the open. Tow gains mid air detonation, grenade gains a bounce (so can become a mind for about 1 second or two to be trodden on :P ). They seem balanced. Other secondaries, seem very different in play, so I would not be able to comment. Snipers though, I do know can do almost the same damage as a TOW if lined up well, and usually have much longer range and faster hits (histcan_).

#18 RedleAruel

RedleAruel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted October 29 2012 - 02:55 PM

I think the rockets are not OP. Since you have to be experienced with the guns and the game in general plus for now I find if tricky to even get a direct hit with out them being still or in the air. Its just a matter of aim in my opinion.

#19 Rotaken

Rotaken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationMilk cartoon

Posted October 29 2012 - 03:54 PM

View PostPiVoR, on October 29 2012 - 01:05 AM, said:

I also feel that TOW is stronger from alpha, or maybe its that Assault Rifle, Berserkers and Assaults are doing pretty well from before.

What. They were on top in the alpha too. Also remember you from alpha(and yesterday too), you gave me a good beating :D though I think I was only one to be able to counter your slug-sabot combination to some extent on that match in alpha. Sweet revenge if I see you again in enemy team :D

#20 AC273

AC273

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted October 29 2012 - 03:57 PM

Rockets are definitely not overpowered.  The TOW does not track, and the Hellfire need a lock to be effective.  Sometimes its a challenge to get a lock and fire and hit before the target moves into cover.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users