HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Hawken Wiki

Community

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#41 Skylead

Skylead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationSpace Colonies

Posted January 17 2013 - 08:29 AM

View PostZeshi, on January 17 2013 - 12:28 AM, said:

Wiki should be updated with the post-apocalypse tournament results :)

Obligatory

Edited by Skylead, January 17 2013 - 09:14 PM.

#42 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted January 18 2013 - 03:41 PM

I've been working over the wiki still, cleaning up parts and polishing others. This includes a large chunk of what was to be part of Wave 2. I just finished bringing everything that could be updated to what is detailed in the new patch ahead of time, including the new mech, weapon, and patterns.

There's still plenty left to do, as always. So if you have some time make sure to check out the wiki and give it the love it needs :)

See previous comments on how anyone can contribute to the wiki. ;) I would but I have plenty of other stuff to write today already and I don't have the results handy.
Developer of ScrimBot and the canceled Hawken leaderboards
Come join the Hawken IRC Channel and chat about Hawken: #hawkenscrim on irc.quakenet.net
Yes, I am a wizard - There is no cupcake conspiracy
[03:18:55 pm] <-- ^-^ (webchat@[ip removed]) has quit (Quit: Later All! Also pls ban Kindos7)

#43 Zeshi

Zeshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted January 18 2013 - 07:23 PM

View PostAshfire908, on January 18 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

I've been working over the wiki still, cleaning up parts and polishing others. This includes a large chunk of what was to be part of Wave 2. I just finished bringing everything that could be updated to what is detailed in the new patch ahead of time, including the new mech, weapon, and patterns.

There's still plenty left to do, as always. So if you have some time make sure to check out the wiki and give it the love it needs :)

See previous comments on how anyone can contribute to the wiki. ;) I would but I have plenty of other stuff to write today already and I don't have the results handy.

When i try to edit it i get this

You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:
Your username or IP address has been blocked.
The block was made by DNSBL. The reason given is Your IP address is listed as an open proxy in the DNSBL used by Hawken Wiki..
Posted Image

#44 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted January 18 2013 - 07:26 PM

View PostZeshi, on January 18 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

The block was made by DNSBL. The reason given is Your IP address is listed as an open proxy in the DNSBL used by Hawken Wiki..

Ah yes, that was one of the other things I did. I added in some filtering in to cut down on spam bots, probably one of the lists is being a little too block-happy. Are you using a proxy to access the wiki_ If not, I'm looking into it right now.
Come join the Hawken IRC Channel and chat about Hawken: #hawkenscrim on irc.quakenet.net
[03:18:55 pm] <-- ^-^ (webchat@[ip removed]) has quit (Quit: Later All! Also pls ban Kindos7)

#45 Zeshi

Zeshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted January 18 2013 - 07:32 PM

View PostAshfire908, on January 18 2013 - 07:26 PM, said:

View PostZeshi, on January 18 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

Ah yes, that was one of the other things I did. I added in some filtering in to cut down on spam bots, probably one of the lists is being a little too block-happy. Are you using a proxy to access the wiki_ If not, I'm looking into it right now.

Nah as far as i know im not using a proxy (no idea how to even set that stuff up). Thanks for the quick response :)
Posted Image

#46 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted January 18 2013 - 07:37 PM

What page were you trying to edit_ When was this_

I've removed one of the blocklists, please try editing again.

#47 Zeshi

Zeshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted January 18 2013 - 07:41 PM

i was trying to edit the steel killers page about 20 mins ago, but whatever you did fixed it, so thank you :)
Posted Image

#48 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted January 18 2013 - 07:49 PM

View PostZeshi, on January 18 2013 - 07:41 PM, said:

i was trying to edit the steel killers page about 20 mins ago, but whatever you did fixed it, so thank you :)

Your IP is under a list included in one of the lists I was using that I was unaware was for a different use. I'll be resolving it now and enable the other ones again and see if you can still edit.

If anyone else receives a message from the wiki that you are banned from editing due to a "DNSBL", please send me a PM so I can resolve it ASAP. I'm trying to strike a line between letting anyone edit, and preventing the spammers from filling the wiki with garbage (because they cut through captchas like butter).

Update: I'm seeing how well just the current DNSBL works, I did a background check on 3 spambots and they all are covered at some point by the one I'm using now. Sorry to anyone who did try to edit and was denied. :(

Edited by Ashfire908, January 18 2013 - 08:04 PM.

#49 Phaaze

Phaaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Location123 Mulburry St. Whoville Ontario Canada

Posted January 19 2013 - 07:49 AM

So ash.... when are we getting a background theme_ :P

#50 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted January 19 2013 - 04:52 PM

View PostPhaaze, on January 19 2013 - 07:49 AM, said:

So ash.... when are we getting a background theme_ :P
Dammit Jim, I'm a coder not a fashion expert!

In all seriousness, I personally suck at coming up with styles and designs for pages, and my friend who I usually rely on for such things is also someone who is permanently busy with about 5000 other things at any given time so he isn't able to help out much (he's the one who cleaned up some of the templates so they don't look so plain).

If anyone wants to suggest a design to me (an actual design, not just "put mechs in it" or "make it purple") I'm open to suggestions. A mockup would be absolutely awesome but if you can properly convey your design other ways that works too. Just shoot me a message on my talk page on the wiki or send me a PM on the forums (or you can catch me in any of the hawken IRC channels).

#51 Skylead

Skylead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationSpace Colonies

Posted January 19 2013 - 07:23 PM

Make it purple!

#52 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted January 19 2013 - 07:42 PM

View PostSkylead, on January 19 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

Make it purple!

Posted Image

SHIP IT

#53 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted January 20 2013 - 11:56 AM

Hahah :D

Amazing job in there, mate! B)

Although I'd switch that background color to something else... For the sake of accessibility.. what about dark grey as BKG_color, bright yellow or orange for links, and arial boldie in white color for "common" texts_ ;)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#54 Lillia

Lillia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationOver there

Posted January 22 2013 - 10:39 PM

Maybe an orange and black gradient of Origin or whatever, with a few wrecked mechs on the bottom right corner_ ...That sounded a lot better in my head.

#55 nullface

nullface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted January 23 2013 - 03:06 PM

A nice addition to the mech pages would be info about what item the start with, like ther Berserker has the HE charge as default.

Posted Image
3570K @ 4.5GHz - P8Z77-I DLX/WD - 8GB HyperX LoVo 1866MHz - HD7950 - 840 PRO 256GB
Fred | Vulcan-Berserker | Slug-Reaper
SweetFX

#56 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted January 23 2013 - 03:36 PM

View PostThe_Silencer, on January 20 2013 - 11:56 AM, said:

Hahah :D

Amazing job in there, mate! B)

Although I'd switch that background color to something else... For the sake of accessibility.. what about dark grey as BKG_color, bright yellow or orange for links, and arial boldie in white color for "common" texts_ ;)

You just described the playhawken website there...

View PostLillia, on January 22 2013 - 10:39 PM, said:

Maybe an orange and black gradient of Origin or whatever, with a few wrecked mechs on the bottom right corner_ ...That sounded a lot better in my head.

...It probably did.

View Postnullface, on January 23 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

A nice addition to the mech pages would be info about what item the start with, like ther Berserker has the HE charge as default.

Yes! This is a really good idea, added it to the TODO. :)

Edit: Attention everyone! This is how you answer multiple posts! 1 post! Not 3 separate 5 word posts!

Edited by Ashfire908, January 23 2013 - 03:39 PM.

#57 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted January 23 2013 - 04:02 PM

Ignoring a minimum of accessibility rules will always make you fail; at least a bit more..

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#58 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted January 23 2013 - 06:47 PM

View PostThe_Silencer, on January 23 2013 - 04:02 PM, said:

Ignoring a minimum of accessibility rules will always make you fail; at least a bit more..

Converting a black-on-white site to a white-on-black site is not trivial, therefore before I have a design down I'm not going to mess with the site design/theme. There is quite a few things I have to change to make the switch.

#59 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted January 24 2013 - 05:23 AM

View PostAshfire908, on January 23 2013 - 06:47 PM, said:

Converting a black-on-white site to a white-on-black site is not trivial, therefore before I have a design down I'm not going to mess with the site design/theme. There is quite a few things I have to change to make the switch.

My original post came from that purple background that other guy posted on here and which you were apparently approving with... are we on the same page here_

Posted Image

#60 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted January 24 2013 - 10:48 AM

View PostThe_Silencer, on January 24 2013 - 05:23 AM, said:

View PostAshfire908, on January 23 2013 - 06:47 PM, said:

My original post came from that purple background that other guy posted on here and which you were apparently approving with... are we on the same page here_

Your sarcasm detection needs work. That was a joke I made with like 2 minutes in firebug.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Community

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users