HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Buy back spent points option_

Beta Forum Game

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 hotCODEhot

hotCODEhot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 01:49 AM

Hey I was wondering if there would ever be an option to either "sell" your mechs back to the game (basically have the mech deleted) and have any spent hawken or meteor points returned.

The reason I'm asking is because I have a beserker an infiltrator, the rookie and sniper equipped one and I've bought a bunch of things for them but I'd like to try out other mechs and don't have any points to spend on them.

Another possible way of getting around this is letting players use parts on mechs of the same class that you've bought but aren't using or want to swap to another mech. That way you can try out different play styles while working with things you've already bought - reducing the amount of hawken or meteor points you need to amass to try new things.

Is any of this possible_

#2 WALSRU

WALSRU

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 05:26 AM

+1 needs to happen

My brother derped around in the garage for the first time and accidentally bought several sharpshooters. He was stuck the rest of the beta without being able to try anything but those and the free infiltrator.

#3 Merxe

Merxe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 05:43 AM

I don't agree with the option to refund MP for variuos reasons which I won't discuss here.
However, the ability to try out the stuff in advance is a great opportunity to not 'waste' MP. A sort of a single player map with mech target dummies to check evey possible weapon and specific map features to try out items.

An example would be the Training map in Tribes: Ascend.

#4 Mezion

Mezion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 05:56 AM

"the ability to try out the stuff in a sort of a single player map with mech target dummies, to check evey possible weapons, and to try out items, is a great opportunity to not 'waste' MP.[sic]"

This would be a great feature. However I would support at least an immediete buyback for mistaken purchase.

#5 FluxX

FluxX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 06:03 AM

I could see them doing this for Hawken points. Probably not for MP due to the cash involved_

#6 R3TRI8UTI0N

R3TRI8UTI0N

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationMuskegon, Michigan

Posted October 30 2012 - 06:07 AM

Either way, it's ridiculous right now that we can't delete our mechs. We either need to able to delete them, or sell them back as HP based on what parts are on it, and how upgraded it is.

Edited by R3TRI8UTI0N, October 30 2012 - 06:08 AM.

Posted Image

#7 Merxe

Merxe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 07:16 AM

View PostR3TRI8UTI0N, on October 30 2012 - 06:07 AM, said:

Either way, it's ridiculous right now that we can't delete our mechs. We either need to able to delete them, or sell them back as HP based on what parts are on it, and how upgraded it is.
If by right now, you mean the closed beta, then I agree with you. However after the game is released I would remove such an option.

View PostMezion, on October 30 2012 - 05:56 AM, said:

However I would support at least an immediete buyback for mistaken purchase.
I like this idea. Occasional mistakes happen and a possibility of reverting a purchase in the next 5-30 minutes would be great.

Edited by Merxe, October 30 2012 - 07:20 AM.

#8 ForgottenSoup

ForgottenSoup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 07:33 AM

I spent all my points in upgrades before I realized you can buy other mechs.  Luckily for me a beefed up Assault is still pretty rad :D

#9 Avlaen

Avlaen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted October 30 2012 - 07:43 AM

a sell back option would be nice have a like 95% return rate if sold within an hour (so you can try it out for basicly freee)and then as time passes by it drops to like 50% or lower, (for both HP and MP ) this way mistakes arent penalised and you can try before you commit.
Furry gamer/nerd girl who loves most sci fi and fantasy stuff with a special love for the 40k universe.

#10 Dyson

Dyson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted October 30 2012 - 06:12 PM

I would even be happy with an ability to sell back anything you haven't used.  Let's say you click on the wrong thing in the menu, an "undo" or "sell" would be great.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta, Forum, Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users