HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

@ Symbol Doesn't Work In-Game When Logging in

Beta Event Project Forum Game

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Aris

Aris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted October 30 2012 - 08:38 AM

The @ Symbol Doesn't Work In-Game for Example...

When you loose connection and you have to log in again i get prompted to log in, So i try to log in with my email address but when i do i hit the @ key and chat log appears, i don't know if this is a bug or this is supposed to happen but i can't log in otherwise...
Posted Image

#2 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted October 30 2012 - 08:48 AM

There have been at least five threads about this issue. The @ symbol is stripped out of the search engine, but even this thread's title (@,') doesn't stop it from coming up in a search for "email symbol".

This is because you have a UK keyboard layout where the @ symbol is assigned to the leftmost key in the number row. On US layout keyboards, this is the tilde (~) and backwards apostrophe (`) key, and since the tilde/backpostrophe is rarely used in general English-language conversation, a number of games with command consoles use that key to pull the console up. For example, every game built on the Source engine.

You have two solutions that don't require changing your keyboard layout for your entire computer.

1) Close the program and log back in using the launcher, since it doesn't have a console and doesn't have this problem.

2) Enter the @ symbol using alt+064 on your numeric keypad. If you've never used the numpad for symbol entry, you need to hold alt for all three digits, let go to get the symbol to drop in.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta, Event, Project, Forum, Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users