HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

IF YOU'RE NOT WILLING TO WORK AS A TEAM IN SIEGE OR MISSILE GO PLAY DEATHMATCH

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#1 noten

noten

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 08:13 PM

Don't play a team game if all you want to do is sit behind like an fuzzy bunny thinking you're being a credit to the team when you're not.

The game needs votekick to boot the non-team players. I'm getting tired of wasting my time trying to do everything by myself in siege and missile.

#2 Astrolis

Astrolis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted October 30 2012 - 08:19 PM

Yea I HAVE to agree.

There has been many a time a sharpshooter sits at base thinking he can snipe people from such a long distance and ends up not helping the team and wasting a slot that could be filled by a team player or at least someone that tries to help the team.

However I think it would be every difficult to implement such as system so that it wont be abused.  

S/N: THANK YOU MODS for including a spell check. I was never in the 5th grade Spelling Bees.
Posted Image

#3 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted October 30 2012 - 08:21 PM

Welcome to online public gaming.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#4 Ganelon

Ganelon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted October 30 2012 - 08:25 PM

Was the Caps Lock necessary_

IIntel i7-3820 3.6GHzI8GB DDR3INvidia GeForce GTX 670IAsus AsRock 79 Extreme 3IWestern Digital Caviar Green 1.5TBI

#5 NotKjell

NotKjell

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 08:25 PM

While I understand the frustration, and a votekick should probably be added just because it's always good to have...I kinda have to agree with asainjoykiller. I'm sure you're aware, but when playing pub games bad teams are bound to happen. Still, +1 for a votekick anyways.

P.S. - why are you complaining, solo'ing the entire other team is the best part!

Posted Image

High-level Hawken discussion and play wednesdays at 7:00 PST http://www.twitch.tv/thecockpit

#6 Frail

Frail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 08:29 PM

Then play with friends.

Everyone is here to play the game and enjoy it. You're clearly were not enjoying it, but they probably were. So find some people who want to experience the game in the same manner you do.

Edited by Frail, October 30 2012 - 08:29 PM.

#7 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted October 30 2012 - 08:31 PM

Welcome to pubs, where the teams are imaginary and the (control) points don't matter.

Edited by Elix, October 30 2012 - 08:31 PM.

HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#8 Pursang

Pursang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationTera

Posted October 30 2012 - 08:33 PM

While I agree with the gist of the OP, I think he's failing to get his point across without sounding a frothing lunatic.

Remember, it's a game and we're all here to have fun.
Posted Image

#9 Garuda

Garuda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationSailing the Seven Seas with my trusty Beluga Whale steed

Posted October 30 2012 - 08:35 PM

Just curious about one thing.

How long have you played online fps shooters_
Simple solution: Get your Fuzzy Sheep Bee-hind out and hop onto another server.
Posted Image

#10 CakeBandit

CakeBandit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSears, shopping for mech chassis.

Posted October 30 2012 - 08:49 PM

Gotta' parrot the rest of the thread. It happens all the time in online games.

BUT.

I think it could be helped if the game was more clear about how to operate within these gamemodes. This game is definitely lacking in player feedback for his actions. Beef up the missile thump and make me feel good as all CarrotPatch every time one of those suckers goes sailing into the stratosphere. Give energy gathering a satisfying crackle as it arcs from the tree to my mech. Make the sound whimper and die out when some other Energon LadyOfTheEvening stacks into the tree with me.

These are all things you can do to passively guide your player in the game mode.

Take a moment and look at TF2's game modes and the passive direction therein.

All the time while you're playing them you can hear every class autonomously thanking people for their contributions to the team. "Thanks for the ride, partner." When going through a teleporter as an engie for instance. Rewarding players for skillful play with domination lines. "THEY'LL BE PUTTIN' YOU BACK TOGETHER IN HELL!" Said the demoman.

When you're not being successful or contributing you can hear classes parrot directions at you. ("GET. ON. THE. POINT. MAGGOT!" and "WE MUST POOSH LEETLE KART" being some of the more famous ones.) Hawken has no feedback like this right now. Ingrained instruction or education about the match perameters aren't there in any tangible way. Admittedly it can't be there in exactly the same form, but you need to take a moment as a designer, step away from the game you're incredibly familliar with and have been building for a year, and try to teach your mom how to play it. I can almost guarantee they'll have no ingrained gamer biases to help guide them. They'll have no preconcieved notions about how mechanics work. THIS WILL BE FRUSTRATING (YOU ARE SUCH A NICE BOY, HAVE SOME MORE PIE. WHO IS THIS ROBOT AND WHY IS HE SO RUDE_), But totally worth it.
Posted Image

#11 Montiblanc

Montiblanc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 08:51 PM

hey Garuda what cartoon is your sig from_

edit: nvm figured it out P4 bleh dissapointed..

Edited by Montiblanc, October 30 2012 - 08:55 PM.

#12 Aceking

Aceking

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 08:54 PM

View Postnoten, on October 30 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

Don't play a team game if all you want to do is sit behind like an fuzzy bunny thinking you're being a credit to the team when you're not.

The game needs votekick to boot the non-team players. I'm getting tired of wasting my time trying to do everything by myself in siege and missile.
I agree with what you're sayin. But we have to understand we have a lot of new gamers here obviously, and some may not just be familiar with the game mode. they probly just got into it to try it out, see how it goes for curiosity sake. Maybe we should lighten up a bit, afterall, it's just the CBT still. And it's a pub, not a CW. Would be nice tho if they allowed you to make your own room with free join off.

#13 Garuda

Garuda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 08:57 PM

View PostMontiblanc, on October 30 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:

hey Garuda what cartoon is your sig from_

edit: nvm figured it out P4 bleh dissapointed..

Still looks cool. We must continue this conversation. I'm intrigued.
Posted Image

#14 noten

noten

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 09:32 PM

I just wanted to vent. Yes I know it's just a game, thanks captain(s) obvious.

I'm not annoyed at new players, I'm annoyed at new players who don't listen and think they know better by sitting in a corner of the map when clearly everyone is telling them to move to a control point.

#15 Garuda

Garuda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 09:35 PM

View Postnoten, on October 30 2012 - 09:32 PM, said:

I just wanted to vent. Yes I know it's just a game, thanks captain(s) obvious.

I'm not annoyed at new players, I'm annoyed at new players who don't listen and think they know better by sitting in a corner of the map when clearly everyone is telling them to move to a control point.

Here, here brother...
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 LordShade

LordShade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 09:37 PM

hey its Noten

you solo'ed my entire time including myself on that one siege map where you were on the opposing team, if your that good does team even matter_ ;D

#17 Rotaken

Rotaken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationMilk cartoon

Posted October 30 2012 - 09:40 PM

Just shout commands on chat. Some ppl will understand part of it and take some sort of direction towards teamwork. And this is online gaming  of course. NO TEAMWORK ALLOWED BY DEFAULT!!!

#18 Pursang

Pursang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationTera

Posted October 30 2012 - 09:58 PM

It may make sense for the developers to make a short tutorial video for each game mode so that new players would have a better understanding of what's going on.
Posted Image

#19 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted October 30 2012 - 10:06 PM

View PostPursang, on October 30 2012 - 09:58 PM, said:

It may make sense for the developers to make a short tutorial video for each game mode so that new players would have a better understanding of what's going on.
You mean these_

That's a sticky in the CB News forum and it's been there all weekend.

Use the search function, people.

Edited by Elix, October 30 2012 - 10:07 PM.

HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#20 Pursang

Pursang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationTera

Posted October 30 2012 - 10:14 PM

View PostElix, on October 30 2012 - 10:06 PM, said:

View PostPursang, on October 30 2012 - 09:58 PM, said:

You mean these_

That's a sticky in the CB News forum and it's been there all weekend.

Use the search function, people.

I meant in-game.

People. <_<
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users