HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Upper Echelon of skilled HAWKEN pilots

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 NIGHTRAV3N

NIGHTRAV3N

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted November 03 2012 - 03:56 PM

If you are like me then you are having a small NO-HAWKEN-PLAY relapse and can only revert to this forum or viral videos to scratch that itch. Upon looking online I haven't really found what I'm looking for..maybe it has to deal with a lot of people not doing personal recordings, but i want to watch some high skill HAWKEN play. So far everything seems to be first impressions and low level play. Which isn't BAD but I want to see some great competitive play.

So please post the videos here or links to a page/channel to view some great gameplay :]

"God is not on the side of battalions, but on the side that shoots best"

#2 Rotaken

Rotaken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationMilk cartoon

Posted November 03 2012 - 04:03 PM

I forgot to record but you probably wouldn't want to see me play anyway :D thou I agree I would like to see to some high-end playing.

#3 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 03 2012 - 04:07 PM

Hard to capture competitive play when there's not even a matchmaker working yet and the game just got a whole new onslaught of newbies...

I uploaded some gameplay to my youtube account, http://www.youtube.com/asianjoykiller

It's definitely not first impression stuff, as I'm an Alpha tester, but it's not exactly the most amazing footage either. Partly because playing a FPS at a framerate of 15 is ridiculous, but also because "Why bother_"
Outside a few individuals here and there, I really have no reason to play at my best.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#4 Tezkat

Tezkat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted November 03 2012 - 04:52 PM

Heh. I recorded about about a dozen hours of gameplay on my stream, though I wouldn't consider myself an upper echelon pilot. I spent a bit too much time inadvertently dodging into walls for that. :lol:

Spunkify, Roundlay, and mor4sso all showed off some pretty skillful gameplay in their videos, though I think most of us here have probably already watched those by now.

Edited by Tezkat, November 03 2012 - 04:53 PM.

Live Open Beta gameplay and commentary on twitch.tv/Tezkat...

More HAWKEN gameplay videos at Mech.TV.

#5 NIGHTRAV3N

NIGHTRAV3N

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted November 03 2012 - 04:53 PM

AsianJoyKiller I do agree with the pool of skilled players is dwarfed by the new pilots now.. But I would like to start a collective of ideals and gameplay of higher skilled individuals to help shape the future of this game. If we want to see it do well I think it's our duty as the community to help move it forward, and having a central hub of content from veteran pilots would be a way to go. So the new players to come have something to look at and can watch the motives and techniques used to be an effective pilot.

"God is not on the side of battalions, but on the side that shoots best"

#6 HugeGuts

HugeGuts

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted November 03 2012 - 05:06 PM

I have a few videos to share.

#7 Immie

Immie

Dev Killer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted November 03 2012 - 05:20 PM

I know exactly what OP is talking about, but watching videos is just not cutting it... guess I'll get back with Tribes for a while, play some pickups... bring on beta 2. ;)

Posted Image

#8 marshalade

marshalade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • LocationGasland, Pa, USA

Posted November 03 2012 - 06:56 PM

I'm down like brown town. I dont think it's too much to ask for a section on the forums once open beta starts.
Also, this game gives me wicked withdrawals. I know its for the good of the game but the stop-PLAYPLAYPLAY-stop schedule of these tests is driving me craaazy.
AsianJoyKiller I watched your videos, just reminds me of how much I hate infiltrator because they almost have the ability to force your movements with the grenade launcher.

Posted Image
A tidal wave of marshalade...

#9 Roundlay

Roundlay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted November 03 2012 - 07:32 PM

Going to be pretty hard to pin down the "upper echelon" of players this early on; the population of alpha and beta testers contributing to the forum is pretty tiny.

#10 LordofNosgoth

LordofNosgoth

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted November 03 2012 - 07:53 PM

"There is no true genius without a tincture of madness." - Aristotle
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results; that is the definition of insanity." - Albert Einstein
"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." General George Patton
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
"Only two things are infinite: The universe and stupidity... and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

#11 Tezkat

Tezkat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted November 03 2012 - 08:40 PM

View PostRoundlay, on November 03 2012 - 07:32 PM, said:

Going to be pretty hard to pin down the "upper echelon" of players this early on; the population of alpha and beta testers contributing to the forum is pretty tiny.

Heh... they reportedly signed up 500k testers for this closed beta. I'm pretty sure that means everyone here is in the top percentile. B)
Live Open Beta gameplay and commentary on twitch.tv/Tezkat...

More HAWKEN gameplay videos at Mech.TV.

#12 BeefC4ke

BeefC4ke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted November 04 2012 - 01:45 PM

OP asks for upper tier game play and people start posting mediocre game play vids. I didn't record anything because I wasn't able to play the mech I wanted to play but I know some good players that did record stuff. Not sure where those videos are atm though.
/Merf-isms - What will he come up with next_

dirtnapgaming.com

#13 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 04 2012 - 02:50 PM

I've got three of mine. And I think most would consider me pretty upper-tier. :P

Might add a fourth later. (Would have to upload it, which means overnight, because my ISP decided 1 Mbps is fast enough upload. Lawl.)

Edited by DarkPulse, November 04 2012 - 03:02 PM.

Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#14 Sinj

Sinj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationStamford, CT USA

Posted November 04 2012 - 03:55 PM

I wish I had taken videos of some of my battles, just thinking about them makes me want to play.

*twitches*
Posted Image

#15 Snoof

Snoof

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationLocation, Location

Posted November 05 2012 - 08:31 PM

Didn't make any videos of CBE1, was too busy kicking ass, will make some videos for CBT2 however as i consider myself an upper class player
Posted Image

#16 nonsiccus

nonsiccus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted November 06 2012 - 07:31 PM

You might find something you like on my channel: http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

EOC Infiltrator

#hawkenscrim @ irc.quakenet.org - find ringers and scrims at the competitive level

http://youtube.com/vrts for gameplay footage

#17 GunsnButter

GunsnButter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • LocationMS, USA

Posted November 06 2012 - 07:51 PM

Once I get enough money to actually afford the retail version of fraps I'll start posting some of my wrecking sprees. I'm not exactly TPA but I'm pretty good...

#18 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 06 2012 - 09:22 PM

View PostGunsnButter, on November 06 2012 - 07:51 PM, said:

Once I get enough money to actually afford the retail version of fraps I'll start posting some of my wrecking sprees. I'm not exactly TPA but I'm pretty good...
Try out MSI Afterburner.
From my own experience and those of my friends, it's less of a performance hog than Fraps for the same quality recordings. It's also a full blown overclocking program, or to put it more accurately, it's a overclocker that happens to record too.
And best of all, it's completely free.

I've also been told that Dxtory is good. Even more efficient than Afterburner.
I don't know though. I'll be testing it out come Thursday.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#19 Toryne

Toryne

Ghost of Crion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted November 06 2012 - 09:55 PM

View PostBeefC4ke, on November 04 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

OP asks for upper tier game play and people start posting mediocre game play vids. I didn't record anything because I wasn't able to play the mech I wanted to play but I know some good players that did record stuff. Not sure where those videos are atm though.

Workin on a few buddy ;D

#20 BeefC4ke

BeefC4ke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted November 06 2012 - 09:57 PM

View PostToryne, on November 06 2012 - 09:55 PM, said:

View PostBeefC4ke, on November 04 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

Workin on a few buddy ;D

Too slow.
/Merf-isms - What will he come up with next_

dirtnapgaming.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users