HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Upper Echelon of skilled HAWKEN pilots

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 GunsnButter

GunsnButter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • LocationMS, USA

Posted November 06 2012 - 10:01 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on November 06 2012 - 09:22 PM, said:

View PostGunsnButter, on November 06 2012 - 07:51 PM, said:

Once I get enough money to actually afford the retail version of fraps I'll start posting some of my wrecking sprees. I'm not exactly TPA but I'm pretty good...
Try out MSI Afterburner.
From my own experience and those of my friends, it's less of a performance hog than Fraps for the same quality recordings. It's also a full blown overclocking program, or to put it more accurately, it's a overclocker that happens to record too.
And best of all, it's completely free.

I've also been told that Dxtory is good. Even more efficient than Afterburner.
I don't know though. I'll be testing it out come Thursday.
I didn't realize afterburner had video capture. Evidently I need to look harder :D

While you're here, any recommendations for free video editing_

#22 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 06 2012 - 10:04 PM

View PostGunsnButter, on November 06 2012 - 10:01 PM, said:

While you're here, any recommendations for free video editing_
I'm not the person to ask about that. :P

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#23 LordofNosgoth

LordofNosgoth

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted November 06 2012 - 11:30 PM

View PostBeefC4ke, on November 04 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

OP asks for upper tier game play and people start posting mediocre game play vids. I didn't record anything because I wasn't able to play the mech I wanted to play but I know some good players that did record stuff. Not sure where those videos are atm though.

You talk a lot of trash, but don't seem to have any proof of your ability (or qualifications) to decide what is or isn't "mediocre". So you keep running off at the mouth like that, go on. You keep up a worthless, despicable attitude like that and I've no doubt you'll alienate every member of the community. Above and beyond that, I think you'll find that in such an instance, said alienated members will not only make it a point to troll you in-game, but also make it a point to continually do so until you quit the game entirely after a final rage-post in the forums wherein you'll likely refer to everyone who's not you with derogatory terms. I've seen it before. Several times. After viewing a few of your posts, I get the feeling that I'm likely to see it again.

But hey, I could be wrong. Maybe you were just in a bad mood when you wrote that post (and virtually every other post) and took your frustrations on people you've never met and have no reason to dislike... But I doubt it.

Good Luck with that.
"There is no true genius without a tincture of madness." - Aristotle
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results; that is the definition of insanity." - Albert Einstein
"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." General George Patton
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
"Only two things are infinite: The universe and stupidity... and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

#24 Toryne

Toryne

Ghost of Crion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted November 06 2012 - 11:57 PM

View PostLordofNosgoth, on November 06 2012 - 11:30 PM, said:

OP asks for upper tier game play and people start posting mediocre game play vids. I didn't record anything because I wasn't able to play the mech I wanted to play but I know some good players that did record stuff. Not sure where those videos are atm though.

You talk a lot of trash, but don't seem to have any proof of your ability (or qualifications) to decide what is or isn't "mediocre". So you keep running off at the mouth like that, go on. You keep up a worthless, despicable attitude like that and I've no doubt you'll alienate every member of the community. Above and beyond that, I think you'll find that in such an instance, said alienated members will not only make it a point to troll you in-game, but also make it a point to continually do so until you quit the game entirely after a final rage-post in the forums wherein you'll likely refer to everyone who's not you with derogatory terms. I've seen it before. Several times. After viewing a few of your posts, I get the feeling that I'm likely to see it again.

But hey, I could be wrong. Maybe you were just in a bad mood when you wrote that post (and virtually every other post) and took your frustrations on people you've never met and have no reason to dislike... But I doubt it.

Good Luck with that.
Lmfao and good luck with your trolling good sir with your attitude posting such a hateful response. We'll let our scores do the talking. He simply stated he saw nothing of exemplary play from the videos posted and stated his opinion. With your response i wouldn't be surprised to see some rage quits out of you little one.

#25 Toryne

Toryne

Ghost of Crion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted November 07 2012 - 12:06 AM

View PostBeefC4ke, on November 06 2012 - 09:57 PM, said:

View PostToryne, on November 06 2012 - 09:55 PM, said:

Workin on a few buddy ;D

Too slow.

Meh Work Life man work life!

#26 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 07 2012 - 12:31 AM

Good Luck with that.
Chill out. All the gameplay that got posted was pretty mediocre.

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#27 NotKjell

NotKjell

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted November 07 2012 - 01:31 AM

Good Luck with that.

Posted Image

Posted Image

High-level Hawken discussion and play wednesdays at 7:00 PST http://www.twitch.tv/thecockpit

#28 Saint_The_Judge

Saint_The_Judge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationThird World

Posted November 07 2012 - 03:57 AM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on November 03 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

I uploaded some gameplay to my youtube account, http://www.youtube.com/asianjoykiller

Subscribed.
Once a girl asked me in a chat: "-ASL_" I answered: "- Very old, impotent, third world." And she got out the room. Posted Image

#29 Urvanis

Urvanis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationHonolulu, Hawaii

Posted November 07 2012 - 04:44 AM

I wouldn't exactly call this competitive play, but its from the outlook of someone who can deliver it.

Posted Image

#30 BeefC4ke

BeefC4ke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted November 07 2012 - 07:17 AM

Good Luck with that.

It's cool. My post was pretty pretentious and I noticed that after I posted it but was too lazy to edit. I'm by no means an amazing player and, as you say, I don't have any recordings of my own yet. I do have the capability to judge, from what I've seen, whether or not a gameplay I see is at or above an "average" skill level though. I think anyone who has played for as long as the people who've been around since at least alpha 2 can see the difference.

Keep calm and DFTBA

EDIT:: Urvanic posted a pretty good vid. I'm not a fan of the voice added but the play is pretty good.

Edited by BeefC4ke, November 07 2012 - 07:26 AM.

/Merf-isms - What will he come up with next_

dirtnapgaming.com

#31 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 07 2012 - 10:05 AM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on November 07 2012 - 12:31 AM, said:

AJK's just mad that he met his end a few times in one of those videos. :P
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#32 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 07 2012 - 10:31 AM

View PostDarkPulse, on November 07 2012 - 10:05 AM, said:

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on November 07 2012 - 12:31 AM, said:

AJK's just mad that he met his end a few times in one of those videos. :P
SOMAD
>:[

Really, I was referencing all the vids before beefcakes reply (including my own stuff).

Edited by AsianJoyKiller, November 07 2012 - 10:31 AM.

AJK is right

#33 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted November 07 2012 - 10:35 AM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on November 07 2012 - 10:31 AM, said:

SOMAD
>:[

Really, I was referencing all the vids before beefcakes reply (including my own stuff).
Hey now, you're not bad. You're the type of player who'd be quite useful on my team, as I know you could look out for yourself and play smart. Means I don't have to shore you up so much compared to some others.

Of course, if I get into games where I've got teammates getting one kill for every 10 deaths, even me killing like a madman won't be fast enough or good enough to turn the tide. The nature of pub teams, for better or for worse...

#34 Coot

Coot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted November 07 2012 - 10:40 AM

View PostUrvanis, on November 07 2012 - 04:44 AM, said:

I wouldn't exactly call this competitive play, but its from the outlook of someone who can deliver it.

So any game going forward I see you I know to rush the map at the beginning looking for you RPing in a corner haha

#35 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 07 2012 - 10:43 AM

View PostDarkPulse, on November 07 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

Hey now, you're not bad. You're the type of player who'd be quite useful on my team, as I know you could look out for yourself and play smart. Means I don't have to shore you up so much compared to some others.
Oh no. I'm not saying I'm a bad player or anything. I was just pointing out that the Hawken vids I do have up aren't really what I'd call top tier play.

AJK is right

#36 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted November 07 2012 - 11:02 AM

Well, for real top-tier play, it'd need to be organized.

So I'll just do the best I can. :P

#37 FenixStryk

FenixStryk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUS-East

Posted November 07 2012 - 11:36 AM

Without matchmaking, you'll be hard-pressed to find proper "upper echelon" competitive play. The best you'll find is a handful of competent gameplay videos and perhaps a pubstomp montage. While competence is great, it's not enough to call something high-level play; you need competent players on all sides, pushing each other to their limits.

I'll drop a link to what I recorded in CB1, but I won't call it high-level play. Anyone can pubstomp if they understand the game.

Your best bet is to ask a handful of the better players to organize a drop during CB2 and record it.

It was fun while it lasted.

#38 NIGHTRAV3N

NIGHTRAV3N

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted November 07 2012 - 02:37 PM

Well hopefully I will see some of you come CBE2 :ph34r:

Can't wait to get hands on with my mech again and destroy some pilots.

"God is not on the side of battalions, but on the side that shoots best"

#39 Deu

Deu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationWhite Base

Posted November 07 2012 - 02:58 PM

Everyone I took a mental note of during the CBE as a worthy rival I see in this thread. Ha. Everyone is being so modest.

Posted Image

#40 Zeshi

Zeshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted November 07 2012 - 04:26 PM

View PostDeu, on November 07 2012 - 02:58 PM, said:

Everyone I took a mental note of during the CBE as a worthy rival I see in this thread. Ha. Everyone is being so modest.

Heh, i noticed the exact same thing :P
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users