HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

The new leveling curve

Game Beta

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: The leveling curve (71 member(s) have cast votes)

What sort of leveling curve do you prefer_

1. I like a linear one where each level earned takes the same amount of rounds (15 votes [21.13%])

Percentage of vote: 21.13%

2. A gradually increasing curve is my choice so the challenge increases with my skills (28 votes [39.44%])

Percentage of vote: 39.44%

3. I'm sadistic and want the last level to take twice as long to reach as the previous level. (3 votes [4.23%])

Percentage of vote: 4.23%

4. Bacon (25 votes [35.21%])

Percentage of vote: 35.21%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 marshalade

marshalade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • LocationGasland, Pa, USA

Posted November 09 2012 - 04:48 PM

View Posthammerhead, on November 09 2012 - 05:36 AM, said:

the drastic curve in World of Tanks was one of the reasons I stopped playing that game.

The curve is nasty, but it just makes cruising in your tier X that much sweeter. I put days upon days of playtime into it, and I'm proud of that fact.

That also works for WOT because the grind is spread out over a lot of vehicles over a lot of nations, each with their own characteristics and tech trees. When you upgrade modules on your tank, it operates differently and can bring about a drastic change in your play style for that particular tank.

The customization in Hawken is more cumulative, encouraging you to stack to boost stats. If you drastically change your setup, your vehicle will feel different, but still relatively predictable.

While I can understand the argument against implementing the curve, I think it's comfortable...and I definitely like to get to know my mech before its maxed out. If you're grinding like you should (siege mode, booster), you can level a mech completely in a weekend. I think that's perfect, if not a little short.

Posted Image
A tidal wave of marshalade...

#22 Firemac

Firemac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 05:37 PM

Not enough people are voting bacon.
This is the exact same problem we had with the macho man thing.

#23 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 09 2012 - 06:26 PM

Death to the bacon-haters.

I'd so love to post a picture here, but I know I'd get warned for it. So instead, I'll link you to the article that has it. You may click it at your own discretion; impressionable young minds who can't tolerate such things should not click it, and I am in no way responsible if this demoralizes you and/or makes you lose faith in the human race.

That said, the picture says it all.

Edited by DarkPulse, November 09 2012 - 06:26 PM.

Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game, Beta

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users