HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Out of Memory BUG

Beta

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 LoneShot

LoneShot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 04:44 PM

This Bug Happen alot, Game running ok your setting are to low, any higher this bug will stop almost all game play.

Error Crash to Desk top,  Error comes up Out of memory after that it reads 64 bits in the same error box_

Now I running a 2.4 Quid with 6 Ram and a Nvidia 550 Ti with 2 G at 32 bits.

I not running 64 bits. And I not out of memory. Video Card supports DX 11 and all Drivers are upto date..

This BUG will happen at any time. Mostly seen at match launch, but has happen in a match..

A)  this could be a very bad memory leak. or maybe the game is loading more then 1 copy of the game into the computer for the match. IF so it would be around 3 to 4 time, Best guess cuase I have ran two games and team speak at the same time.

B) I don't know if the game can jump the system into a 64bit  but if that the case .. (No Clue)

#2 DCNZ

DCNZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationAuckland, NewZealand

Posted November 10 2012 - 02:18 PM

Same problem mate. My MSI R5770 HAWK graphics card has a gig of RAM and still gets the Out of Video Memory message. I spent hours yesterday trying to play and managed to get one 1 minuite game and 1 that went for a couple of minuites. Today, after hours of trying to play, I have not had one game. I set all the graphics to low yesterday. They are still low and I still can't play. It's not my computer. I'm over Hawken. 4 hours of bull fuzzy bunny. Unless your going to take my bank account details and start paying me, I'm out. Alpha was mint. I ran it at max graphics with no problems, other than the server lag. Hawken is just a joke now. Who the fxxk is gonna sit here for over 4 hours just to get 5 minuites of gaming time_..
Shut Hawken down and start again form the Alpha stage. Beta dosen't work!
Alpha 2's epic! Thanks Hawken team.

#3 Winstonius

Winstonius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 02:27 PM

I also got the "out of video" memory bug despite having a GTX 560Ti with 1024Mb video memory - there appears to be a bug here of some sorts. I've turned down the resolution and quality of settings and this does seem to help but this will need addressing as folk do like to make use of their video cards, having paid for them.

Once you're in the game though, it's great!

By the way, the previous post is not acceptable - it's a beta test for a reason and the more bugs we can detect here the better the open beta will be.

#4 kirottu

kirottu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 02:44 PM

In case any of you are running Windows 8, there is a memory leak with the new Metro style tiles.  There is a service called "Runtime Broker" that will not release memory you have used.  You can usually open your task manager and end the service without issue, or simply reboot.  If you are not using Win8, then I don't know :)

Edited by kirottu, November 10 2012 - 02:44 PM.

#5 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 03:07 PM

out of memory bug is because you are running a 32bit OS and this game uses in excess of 1.5-1.8gb of ram.

There is no fix for this and is becoming normal for games to use excess amounts of ram.

#6 Vitrox

Vitrox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 11 2012 - 08:29 AM

View PostJuiceBox, on November 10 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

out of memory bug is because you are running a 32bit OS and this game uses in excess of 1.5-1.8gb of ram.

There is no fix for this and is becoming normal for games to use excess amounts of ram.
juice that ain't true! The developers stated that they wanted to create a game that could be played by as many people as possible! I don't know wheter it is true, but i've read that it should even be able to run on tablets.. And i know people who play this game on NEW pc's (32bit) that have this problem as well... I hope there will be a fix soon

#7 Inny

Inny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted November 11 2012 - 08:39 AM

The game launcher itself states Hawken (32-bit, Dx 9)

For starters, check your drivers are up to date. Secondly, exclude any unnecessary tasks to have as clean a testing ground as possible.
If you are not using Nvidia, disable PhysX Particles.

Attempt running in a window, see if the issue continues to happen.

#8 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 11 2012 - 10:57 AM

View PostVitrox, on November 11 2012 - 08:29 AM, said:

View PostJuiceBox, on November 10 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

juice that ain't true! The developers stated that they wanted to create a game that could be played by as many people as possible! I don't know wheter it is true, but i've read that it should even be able to run on tablets.. And i know people who play this game on NEW pc's (32bit) that have this problem as well... I hope there will be a fix soon

The issue is that there is no real way to turn down quality settings yet in the game causing HIGH memory usage for the game.

I'm not going to go in depth why you need a 64bit OS now for most modern games.. but lets just say it will become the norm.

#9 Wingmor

Wingmor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 08:48 AM

Same here.
"Run out of video memory" error on ultra settings.
Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
4 (3.3)GB RAM DDR3 1020 MHz
Intel Core i5 750 3.4 MHz
ZOTAC nVidia GTX 670 AMP 2 GB VRAM

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users