HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Being outside of the mech as Human.

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

Poll: How important is this feature to you_ (960 member(s) have cast votes)

How important is this feature to you_

1. IT'S NECESSARY (44 votes [4.68%])

Percentage of vote: 4.68%

2. It would be freakin' awesome! (356 votes [37.87%])

Percentage of vote: 37.87%

3. I could go without it. (237 votes [25.21%])

Percentage of vote: 25.21%

4. Don't care. (86 votes [9.15%])

Percentage of vote: 9.15%

5. Do Not Want. (217 votes [23.09%])

Percentage of vote: 23.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#141 erathic

erathic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationSentium Design HQ

Posted January 21 2013 - 09:05 AM

View PostG4M5T3R, on January 21 2013 - 06:55 AM, said:

It seems this idea was brought up in the Alpha days, the game has moved to OB without this ever being implemented. I doubt it ever will be.

As there's already lot things to fix and balance (wich is normal since we are in Beta) this kind of gameplay experience will not be published in the short terms.

But later as a future expansion to diversify it's gameplay,
At his today stage the game is very limited, and get boring really fast for some players, (that's why i'm passing almost more time stalking on the forum than in-game lol) this kind of things could help fight that,
as will do additionnal maps, game-types, ...

Divesified gameplay =  Less repetitive = Long term Fun

For now Hawken is easy to take in hands, wich is good, good as any good demo, Quick Big Fun.
But at the end i'm still starving for more, (wich is the goal of a good demo).

This suggestion is a concept (that others has, and the devs has too maybe)
of what that "More" could be.

Depht :)

Still I love everything about this game,
i play it with my co-workers during lunchtime.
Tt's amazing and perfect for that at this time (exept the lack of friend/team lobby). :lol:

Edited by erathic, January 21 2013 - 09:13 AM.

Posted Image

#142 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted January 24 2013 - 02:22 PM

I could see this ONLY if I was in the hanger and I want to look or get a different perspective of all my machines. Otherwise I don't think its needed or important.

#143 Pirits

Pirits

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • LocationMobile, Alabama (USA)

Posted February 03 2013 - 01:59 PM

Would be funny seeing a idle 'shut down' mech and stepping on some guy...
But I'd like to get out and admire my robots.
"What am I doing on top of this Sentium owned spire at a place we call Origin_ Hard-core parkour_ NO, I'm being a derpy chimera. OH! I can see my house from here."
​On a separate note - "Cover me, I'm commentating."
Spoiler

#144 Shidoshi

Shidoshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationFt Lauderdale, FL

Posted February 04 2013 - 03:54 PM

It would be fun just to stomp around and squish them humans, especially if there was a slight scream and a great squish sound.

#145 robotokom

robotokom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted February 04 2013 - 04:04 PM

Its 2013 all mech games should have this.

#146 KOS_Baconman

KOS_Baconman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • Locationsaving money..

Posted March 02 2013 - 09:38 AM

View Postzuriku, on April 19 2011 - 09:13 PM, said:

A while back i had sent the adhesive team a message about the ability of being able to walk as a human outside of the mech.

What i pretty much asked is the ability to walk, and jetpack around the map- Even without being in some kind of multiplayer mode. It would just be incredible to see it from our view point.

Posted Image

This is pretty much what i got in response.

---

Hello,

I'm one of the founders of Adhesive Games, working on Hawken.  Thanks for your interest in our project!  We appreciate your feedback, and are happy with the positive response we've received for our trailer.

As you noticed in the concept art, our original plan was to include pilots that could exit/enter the mechs.  Currently we haven't implemented this feature due to the small amount of manpower and development time we have.  We will try very hard to include this before the release, but at the moment our focus is on making the FPS Mech gameplay completely solid and enjoyable.

I really do hope that we are able to include your suggestions in the near future, we'll try our best so stay tuned for more updates and videos!

Thanks again,

Chris
Adhesive Games

------------

(edit, I added another option to the polls which erased all of the previous votes, This is what it looked like before i added the "Do Not Want" option)
Posted Image
i think it would be cool if you could be outside, bt i think you should just be able to like spectate the enemy or have bases that enemys cannot enter say with certain doors or something, and you could hop in and out in your base and like show your mech off a bit and/or mid-game customize it
Posted Image

#147 SilentJacket

SilentJacket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts
  • LocationInstallation 00b

Posted March 12 2013 - 02:43 PM

maybe if you mech gets blown up, you have to race back to your base to get a new one, and if you get killed you lose the xp

Posted Image

#148 Frouste

Frouste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted March 21 2013 - 10:21 AM

View PostSilentJacket, on March 12 2013 - 02:43 PM, said:

maybe if you mech gets blown up, you have to race back to your base to get a new one, and if you get killed you lose the xp
Not exactly ideal for those who have bad luck...

I do, however, feel that the pilots should be able to fight on against other evicted pilots with handguns.
We have no real confirmation on the actual space the pilot has in their cockpit, so why wouldn't the pilots be allowed a handgun of their own_
"... And I gazed once more unto the looking glass, but with a clear and unclouded will..."

#149 Ryuronin

Ryuronin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted March 21 2013 - 12:25 PM

I wanna be able to crawl out of mine when it gets destroyed beat on it with a blown off peice of metal and yell obscenities at it.

|CR-T Recruit "bOOBtUBE"|Sharpshooter "Ronin"|Rocketeer "Razgriz"|Reaper "DeathScythe"|Bruiser "Tank"|Brawler "ThunderThighs"|
Posted Image
http://www.team-omen.com/default.html

#150 oeneg

oeneg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted March 22 2013 - 12:11 PM

_
It might be cool but what would be the pont ot it :huh:

#151 theshocktherapy

theshocktherapy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted April 09 2013 - 07:11 PM

Imagine if we could exit our mechs and commandeer someone elses mech or plant a bomb on it or something that would be crazy

#152 nickolasstone

nickolasstone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted April 18 2013 - 02:34 PM

It would be stinking sweet if we could not only get out of the mech but run around and actually do dammage to other mechs. Disable them or sneak around and maybe be able to snipe them in place normal mechs can't get too!

#153 Moridar

Moridar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted April 21 2013 - 08:41 PM

For fans of the original MechWarrior series... Bring back the Elemental!!
[Insert witty signature here]

#154 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted April 25 2013 - 10:03 AM

View PostMoridar, on April 21 2013 - 08:41 PM, said:

Since joining Meteor, I've thought about the Elemental off and on. They were rather irritating and would introduce an interesting gameplay dynamic. Perhaps a mech chassis smaller than Type-A...
"Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays."

#155 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted April 25 2013 - 10:07 AM

View PostScapes, on April 25 2013 - 10:03 AM, said:

Since joining Meteor, I've thought about the Elemental off and on. They were rather irritating and would introduce an interesting gameplay dynamic. Perhaps a mech chassis smaller than Type-A...

My god... Type-T (for tiny)_
Posted Image

#156 Analysis

Analysis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted April 25 2013 - 10:07 AM

If you do make a smaller class the mech has to be faster then the current A-class. In the Mech Warrior universe the elemental is slower and weaker then any mech which makes it pointless except to troll.

#157 Moridar

Moridar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted April 25 2013 - 10:48 AM

View PostAnalysis, on April 25 2013 - 10:07 AM, said:

If you do make a smaller class the mech has to be faster then the current A-class. In the Mech Warrior universe the elemental is slower and weaker then any mech which makes it pointless except to troll.

My buddies and I did 4-on-1 battles in MechWarrior 3... 4 Elementals with upgraded engines and current lasers could beat up a mech like the Daishi pretty good...

An Elemental type mech could also provide different tactics and a new strategy... maybe it isn't visible on the radar when boosting_ It could be very useful among a group of B-Class mechs, as it could torment the enemy while the heavier mechs attacked as usual.

#158 DrLogic

DrLogic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted April 25 2013 - 08:06 PM

I so love the idea of being able to exit my mech.  I think it would be cool if there was a way to sit on the back of another mech if you exit your own mech just before its destroyed by the enemy.  You would float with jetpack onto your friend and help them out somehow much like a technician does.

#159 Moridar

Moridar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted April 26 2013 - 12:13 AM

View PostDrLogic, on April 25 2013 - 08:06 PM, said:

I so love the idea of being able to exit my mech.  I think it would be cool if there was a way to sit on the back of another mech if you exit your own mech just before its destroyed by the enemy.  You would float with jetpack onto your friend and help them out somehow much like a technician does.

But then, can you respawn if you are sitting on the back of a friendly's mech_ Can a mech carry multiple pilots who trashed theirs_ Can pilots jump on to enemy mechs and torment them_ If so, how would you get them off_ :blink:

#160 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted April 26 2013 - 01:02 AM

battle amour battle amour battle amour battle amour battle amour battle amour............
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users