HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Mech size shown on map

Game

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Deu

Deu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationWhite Base

Posted November 10 2012 - 07:43 AM

I was thinking on the map the red dots for the enemy can scale to the size of the type of mech being piloted. Why wouldn't the radar be able to do that yaknow_ Just make the red dot a bit smaller for the Infils and Beserks and a bit larger for the heavier mechs.

Posted Image

#2 DDwarrior

DDwarrior

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted November 10 2012 - 07:57 AM

The question is how will it effect the game.  Currently I know the enemy is there but if I haven't spotted him I don't know what it is until then.   If there is an item specificly to give this effect I might could see it being used, otherwise this would give a lot additional power in the form of info especially as you learn your opponents.  After meeting the other team knowing what mechs they have you'll immediately be able to know what your up against and what tactics to use.

It's worried about the effect it would have overall and maybe not for the best.
When I've launched onto the battlefield, torn my enemies to shreds.  I stride through the field and listen, I see a ping.  I quietly take my time moving into position, it pings.  I see him...but he doesn't see me.  That feeling of making someone feel defenseless in that moment.  It is glorious!

"I5-2400 3.3Ghz, 16GB Corsair 1600Mhz, MSI 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 660Ti, COOLER MASTER HAF 912, GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H, LSP 750 PRO,  500GB Sata 6GB"

#3 DM30

DM30

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationCanada, Eh_

Posted November 10 2012 - 08:20 AM

As an optional piece of equipment that you have to buy to use, I would be fine with it, but not as a default radar feature. Part of the thrill of the game, for me at least, is piloting my light Berserker and not knowing how big of an enemy that little red dot is going to lead me to.

#4 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted November 10 2012 - 05:59 PM

I don't think you should be able to tell what the mechs size is til you spot it
If a teammate sees it and calls it out, that's fine, but a certain amount of combat intensity is lost when you have a clearer idea of what you're up against without being in LOS
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#5 BeefC4ke

BeefC4ke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 08:14 PM

I agree with Beemann. The fact that you know they're there is enough.
/Merf-isms - What will he come up with next_

dirtnapgaming.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users