HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Thread for those with FPS issues

Community Beta

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Roundlay

Roundlay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted November 12 2012 - 01:34 PM

View PostJuiceBox, on November 12 2012 - 01:00 PM, said:

Ram disks will only make the game load faster. It won't make joining games any better. N

Indeed, and thus I posted my comment in the "Thread for those with FPS issues" and not the thread for people with joining issues.

#22 Vespian

Vespian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 01:51 PM

View PostJuiceBox, on November 12 2012 - 11:31 AM, said:

View PostVespian, on November 12 2012 - 11:24 AM, said:

View Post[ADH]SUPPPORT_ARE_TROOPS, on November 12 2012 - 11:00 AM, said:

View PostVespian, on November 12 2012 - 10:06 AM, said:

I have two 2GB sticks installed, I don't know why it reads at 3.3k MB

O that's because you have a 32 bit OS. I missed that when you originally posted.  Nothing you can do about that unless you upgrade to a 64bit OS.

So, do you think I'm going to be able to play the final version of the game with this 32 bit OS_

Not a chance. 64bit is pretty much mandatory for gaming these days if you to play with some visuals.

Well, you're clearly wrong.

#23 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 02:04 PM

View PostVespian, on November 12 2012 - 01:51 PM, said:

View PostJuiceBox, on November 12 2012 - 11:31 AM, said:

View PostVespian, on November 12 2012 - 11:24 AM, said:

View Post[ADH]SUPPPORT_ARE_TROOPS, on November 12 2012 - 11:00 AM, said:

View PostVespian, on November 12 2012 - 10:06 AM, said:

I have two 2GB sticks installed, I don't know why it reads at 3.3k MB

O that's because you have a 32 bit OS. I missed that when you originally posted.  Nothing you can do about that unless you upgrade to a 64bit OS.

So, do you think I'm going to be able to play the final version of the game with this 32 bit OS_

Not a chance. 64bit is pretty much mandatory for gaming these days if you to play with some visuals.

Well, you're clearly wrong.

Did you even read what I wrote as well as the other fellow_ If you WANT TO PLAY WITH VISUALS 32bit will not work and you will hit memory limits and crash out which is precisely what is 99 % of the "out of memory" errors stem from.

#24 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted November 12 2012 - 02:20 PM

Anyways, more video settings would be much appreciated by those running the game on non-so-high-end boxes.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#25 Dr_Manuscript

Dr_Manuscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 02:27 PM

Frame rate is very bad on my computer as well.

My current set up is Q6600 with 8GB RAM, geforce GTX 460 (latest driver). Running on 64-bit Windows 7.

The only map that runs decent at all is Sahara - highs in the 40s, but often dropping to the 20s and even into the teens. All the other maps the average is in the 20s and drops into the teens and single digits frequently. Some would call this unplayable, but I'm playing it anyways since my friends are also playing.

This severely affects my performance and probably gets me killed more than if I had good frame rates because I cannot tell what's going on in chaotic moments. I do plan on upgrading my graphics card soon, but not everyone will be upgrading their machines, so some optimization is highly necessary.

#26 GunsnButter

GunsnButter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • LocationMS, USA

Posted November 12 2012 - 02:32 PM

I can literally run 12v12s on ultra/ultra with physx turned on and get around 60 FPS, but the second more than a few people in my field of vision start firing my fps drops to frame stuttering rates. The only fix is turning down to low/low with physx disabled. I have a significantly overclocked GTX 660 Twin Frozr III (which comes pre-overclocked, and I have pushed it even further), Windows 7 x64 and 8 GB of RAM. AMD phenom ii x4 3.2 GHz core.

Summary:
Windows 7 64 Bit
GTX 660 Twin Frozr III (OC'd past the initial OC)
AMD Phenom II x4 3.2GHz
Ultra/Ultra/Physx On ~ 60 FPS until a lot of people start shooting, at which point I literally have to drop to Low/Low/Physx Off to be able to play at even reasonable FPS.

I'll record some footage later to show the effect.

#27 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 02:33 PM

Manuscript that processor is bottlenecking that card.

#28 Vertigo

Vertigo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationMontréal, Québec

Posted November 12 2012 - 02:43 PM

Ok, I'll try what the OP suggested. I consider my rig to be somewhat average, so it was a bit surprising to see how few frames per second I had even with everything turned to the lowest settings. I hope they're still working on optimizing the game.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Community, Beta

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users