HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

HAWKEN for iOS_

Beta

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 ChopperGunnerNL

ChopperGunnerNL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted November 13 2012 - 11:43 AM

Hello people,

When i played HAWKEN, i saw that it was made in Unreal Engine 3.
And once i used the development kit and i noticed that it was possible to transfer the game you made in the development kit to iOS Devices.
I was wondering if HAWKEN is available for iOS - [IPad - IPhone]

Please reply

Edited by ChopperGunnerNL, November 13 2012 - 11:44 AM.

#2 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 13 2012 - 11:52 AM

Hawken relies completely on DirectX 9, a proprietary Microsoft graphics framework. It is currently for Windows only.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#3 ChopperGunnerNL

ChopperGunnerNL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 12:06 PM

Yes yes i know that UE3 work with Dx9 but will HAWKEN be compatible for iOS Devices_

#4 ChopperGunnerNL

ChopperGunnerNL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 12:24 PM

View PostElix, on November 13 2012 - 11:52 AM, said:

Hawken relies completely on DirectX 9, a proprietary Microsoft graphics framework. It is currently for Windows only.
Yes yes i know that UE3 work with Dx9 but will HAWKEN be compatible for iOS Devices_

#5 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 13 2012 - 12:25 PM

I really doubt it. There are far too many controls to manage at once on a touchscreen device. Do you think you could manage to fire two guns while dodging sideways and tracking an enemy target with just touch_

By the way, you can edit your comments by clicking on the word "edit" at the bottom of the post.

Edited by Elix, November 13 2012 - 12:25 PM.

See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.

#6 ChopperGunnerNL

ChopperGunnerNL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 12:38 PM

Ok but.. if you have ever played on any iOS device..Then you know that you can swipe up and down.. swipe to side... steering with your IPad or IPhone.. uhhm.. using camera buttons like you have on the Xbox/PS3.. With those controls you can do pretty much.. and BTW IPad games dont have the full game features compared to console or PC.

#7 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 13 2012 - 12:40 PM

It's also exceedingly unlikely that iOS devices will have the horsepower necessary to run Hawken. And an iOS version of Hawken would be an entirely different game. Hawken itself still isn't even done yet. It's a bit early to be looking at spinoff games for mobile devices.

#8 ChopperGunnerNL

ChopperGunnerNL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 12:40 PM

View PostElix, on November 13 2012 - 12:25 PM, said:

I really doubt it. There are far too many controls to manage at once on a touchscreen device. Do you think you could manage to fire two guns while dodging sideways and tracking an enemy target with just touch_

By the way, you can edit your comments by clicking on the word "edit" at the bottom of the post.
Ok but.. if you have ever played on any iOS device..Then you know that you can swipe up and down.. swipe to side... steering with your IPad or IPhone.. uhhm.. using camera buttons like you have on the Xbox/PS3.. With those controls you can do pretty much.. and BTW IPad games dont have the full game features compared to console or PC. - Sorry for the bad grammar

#9 ChopperGunnerNL

ChopperGunnerNL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 12:57 PM

View PostElix, on November 13 2012 - 12:40 PM, said:

It's also exceedingly unlikely that iOS devices will have the horsepower necessary to run Hawken. And an iOS version of Hawken would be an entirely different game. Hawken itself still isn't even done yet. It's a bit early to be looking at spinoff games for mobile devices.
True, but IPad 2 and 3 will have the power to run HAWKEN.. It might have poor graphics but thats just typical..

#10 breezytrees

breezytrees

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted November 13 2012 - 06:53 PM

Call of duty black ops 2 isn't even on iOS. COD has 100 times the market as Hawken, and Activision has 1000 times the funds.

Activision has probably already looked into it, and decided it wasn't worth the cost. If it's not profitable for Activision, do you think it would be profitable for Meteor entertainment_

#11 Pursang

Pursang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationTera

Posted November 13 2012 - 11:01 PM

View PostChopperGunnerNL, on November 13 2012 - 12:57 PM, said:

True, but IPad 2 and 3 will have the power to run HAWKEN.. It might have poor graphics but thats just typical..

Not likely.
Posted Image

#12 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 13 2012 - 11:23 PM

Current iOS devices would have the power to run a simplified, less graphically-intensive remake of Hawken designed for mobile devices. Attempting to run Hawken for PC on an iOS device, assuming that it was converted to work on iOS, would be a slideshow that kills your battery while keeping your hands nice and warm from the CPU and GPU having to run as fast as they could.

Tablets don't have the power to run Hawken, not right now. Mobile chipsets aren't there yet.

#13 Snoof

Snoof

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationLocation, Location

Posted November 19 2012 - 06:20 PM

Next person to mention COD here should have their eyes pulled out of their sockets for such blasphemy
Posted Image

#14 Wh1sp3rFr0m0th3rS1d3

Wh1sp3rFr0m0th3rS1d3

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted December 01 2012 - 03:00 AM

Although only can be used for radar, a surface mode.
Spoiler

#15 Wh1sp3rFr0m0th3rS1d3

Wh1sp3rFr0m0th3rS1d3

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted December 01 2012 - 03:01 AM

Although only can be used for radar, a surface mode
Spoiler

#16 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationDown Under/invading US west servers

Posted December 01 2012 - 04:44 AM

Firstly ... COD ... liver oil

View PostElix, on November 13 2012 - 11:23 PM, said:

Current iOS devices would have the power to run a simplified, less graphically-intensive remake of Hawken designed for mobile devices. Attempting to run Hawken for PC on an iOS device, assuming that it was converted to work on iOS, would be a slideshow that kills your battery while keeping your hands nice and warm from the CPU and GPU having to run as fast as they could.

Tablets don't have the power to run Hawken, not right now. Mobile chipsets aren't there yet.

This. I know CoD WaW Zombies was ported to iOS, but after enough levels, it gets really choppy. It is a really cut down (graphically) version of the game. Mobile devices just aren't there yet ...

Edited by ArnieF4440, December 01 2012 - 04:45 AM.

Posted Image
Me: Youtube | Drop Bears
Guides: Hawken Tips and Tricks | Fraps + Compression | Lag + Gaming
Rig: i7-920 + H50 | MSI X58A-GD45 | Corsair Dominator 12GB | 2x EVGA GTX 660TI SC+ 3GB | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB | Corsair HX1000 | CM HAF932

#17 marshalade

marshalade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • LocationGasland, Pa, USA

Posted December 01 2012 - 12:50 PM

View PostChopperGunnerNL, on November 13 2012 - 12:57 PM, said:

You hold far too much faith in weak devices. As Elix stated, Hawken relies on Directx. It's very unlikely Hawken will ever make it to MacOS, let alone iOS.

Posted Image
A tidal wave of marshalade...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users