HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

music_

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Ace4225

Ace4225

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationMission Control

Posted November 13 2012 - 11:36 PM

I don't know about you guys, but I've LOVED my Hawken experience so far. Beta 2 is not perfect yet by any means, but still, the attention to detail is amazing.

Ok, enough gushing. On the side from school, I'm an aspiring EDM producer, and I've been inspired by this game to make a score-style track or two. Now, I've got plenty of ideas, but before I really got started, I figured I'd start a thread and see what you guys, the fans, would like to see in some Hawken-inspired music.

What I'll AVOID:

-brostep
-vocals
-pop styles

What I'm good at (just to keep in mind):

-breaks
-orchestral elements
-glitch-effects
-experimental sounds

Posted Image
US East    -Brawler   -Berserker   -Scout   -Assault
---->[ =./\.= ]<----

#2 BuffMyRadius

BuffMyRadius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted November 14 2012 - 12:14 AM

I'd really like to hear some Halo-esqe type music for this. I'm not the biggest fan of the Halo franchise, but that music kicks fuzzy bunnies. (And yes, I did just write out fuzzy bunnies) If you ever want a solo violin or viola track, perhaps with some feedback to liven things up, you let me know, alright_ I have played for going on 20 years now.
AMD 4130 BE @ 4.0 Ghz, ASRock Extreme3 970, 4x2GB 1600 Crucial Ballistix Sport, Gigabyte r9 270x OC, 60 GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, OCZ Fatal1ty PSU, Thermaltake Commander MS-I Snow Case

#3 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted November 14 2012 - 10:19 AM

Personally i would put rockabilly/surf punk/western blues inspired music. Possibly with a lot of electro blended into it.

To me it would fit the style of the game. Because the worlds feel isolated like old mining towns and there is this cyberpunk dystopian aspect too. But mostly because people make music. If i were living in that little house on Sahara i probably wouldn't be composing something resembling vivaldis 4 seasons. I would probably be poor, heart broken and have limited access to musical instruments.

I look forward to hearing what you create.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

#4 MotorSpirit

MotorSpirit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 14 2012 - 12:00 PM

please delete

Edited by MotorSpirit, November 14 2012 - 12:01 PM.

#5 PikAss

PikAss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted November 14 2012 - 12:04 PM

View Posth0B0, on November 14 2012 - 10:19 AM, said:

Personally i would put rockabilly/surf punk/western blues inspired music. Possibly with a lot of electro blended into it.

To me it would fit the style of the game. Because the worlds feel isolated like old mining towns and there is this cyberpunk dystopian aspect too. But mostly because people make music. If i were living in that little house on Sahara i probably wouldn't be composing something resembling vivaldis 4 seasons. I would probably be poor, heart broken and have limited access to musical instruments.

I totally agree with that!
All that mechs looks like an technological improvisation, build to survive.

#6 SharpApple

SharpApple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted November 14 2012 - 08:30 PM

i think this works but i don't expect any one to agree but tool sounds good wile playing hawken specifically wings for meria (part 1) and 10000 days (wings part 2)

to me they really fit the vibe for hawken give them a try some part's really work for hawken so make sure to listen to both
wandering gun

#7 Ace4225

Ace4225

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted November 14 2012 - 11:58 PM

well, I wanted to make some brand-new tracks of my own inspired by my game experience. Some interesting suggestions so far.

H0B0, I know this isn't the same genre, but you made me think of this song :)

Posted Image
---->[ =./\.= ]<----

#8 PikAss

PikAss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted November 15 2012 - 02:22 AM

View PostAce4225, on November 14 2012 - 11:58 PM, said:

well, I wanted to make some brand-new tracks of my own inspired by my game experience. Some interesting suggestions so far.

H0B0, I know this isn't the same genre, but you made me think of this song :)

Not Bad!
I like the beginning, but after that its a bit too much Rock, sounds like an futeristic action movie Soundtrack.
Sure... we got Spaceships, Mechs, Drones... but not that "pew pew" stuff.
Hawken got some kind of that "Cowboy Bebop" feeling. :)

Lets try to go more in the Blues direction.

Some Kind of that

just faster, with more kick and maybe experimental/electro sounds.

Edited by PikAss, November 15 2012 - 02:41 AM.

#9 HandSlander

HandSlander

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationDystopian London

Posted November 15 2012 - 03:03 AM

Honestly - this is the best music to play Hawken. Anything by Bluetech. I've linked one of their classic tracks below. Of course some classic rock would go well like AC/DC or indeed Tool as suggested above but hard to license or recreate as well as electronic music.

Edited by HandSlander, November 15 2012 - 03:04 AM.

#10 SharpApple

SharpApple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted November 15 2012 - 04:08 AM

View Posth0B0, on November 14 2012 - 10:19 AM, said:

i only just realized this but you might want to look at the number one greatest sci-fi movie Blade Runner its world is exactly like hawkens based on the book do androids dream of electric sheep the music is blues mixed with what could be a synthesizer could be what your looking for keep in mind its an old movie and a could be greatly improved upon today

wandering gun

#11 Ace4225

Ace4225

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted November 15 2012 - 10:52 AM

all great suggestions!

but please remember, everyone will have different taste, and I can't make just anything. ;)

unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to create any blues-sort of music as that requires guitar skills [which I do not possess].

What I do end up creating will probably sound more like a combo of the music used for the Live-Action Hawken trailer mixed with that Bluetech electro-feel, with some of my own 'isms as well, of course.

Edited by Ace4225, November 15 2012 - 11:55 AM.

Posted Image
---->[ =./\.= ]<----

#12 Ace4225

Ace4225

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted November 15 2012 - 11:55 AM

the live-action trailer (in case anyone missed it):

Edited by Ace4225, November 15 2012 - 11:57 AM.

Posted Image
---->[ =./\.= ]<----

#13 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts

Posted November 15 2012 - 06:54 PM

This thread is full of win.

I am not very familiar with tool, but i quite enjoy a few of the songs i have heard of them.

As for the " hard time killing floor" i actually stumbled across Nature's interpretation of the piece as i was looking for music to accompany my vids http://freemusicarch...rd time killing

Bluetech reminds me of my youth, but it is so hard to describe electro, i know the feeling i feel when i play the game and would like to describe how to turn that feeling into music but using any kind of electronic music clasification to do so is just wrong to me.

<3 vangelis i have a few of his records, and my tape recording of the friends of mr cairo is still intact in a special place.

I have faith in you ace. I know you cant please all, but in all honesty all you need to do is please yourself and have fun creating the music you like and people will like you and it for what it is.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

#14 Ace4225

Ace4225

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted November 16 2012 - 01:42 PM

just wanted to drop this in here:

While I work in my free time on some Hawken jams, feel free to check out our website and hear releases we've already got out:

http://lostfutureamp.bandcamp.com/

(LFA has three official members, who go by G-Force [me], Sky-Fi, and TB [techboy] in releases. We recently added a fourth member, DJ Ejecta, but he's not officially part of the project just yet.)

Edited by Ace4225, November 16 2012 - 01:49 PM.

Posted Image
---->[ =./\.= ]<----

#15 Pelax

Pelax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted November 16 2012 - 04:19 PM

If i may suggest 'coz I know that 'gustas non disputandum' but Homeworld I & II  has amazing music score made by Paul Ruskay: search for into the dust, turanic raiders theme, imperial theme, kadeshi theme, vaygr theme... Hell, it's all spectacular for me;-)

Also Killzone series also has very nice soundtrack by Joris de Man: search for 'birth of war' or 'Vojislav mining facility (sniper alley)'.

I could send links but here i'm not allowed to.. (sign) But You'll find everything on youtube. Do it.. DO IT NOW!!! :D

#16 HandSlander

HandSlander

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted November 17 2012 - 03:43 AM

The new XCOM game also has some great soundtrack and the new Deus Ex game.

#17 DreamFall

DreamFall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSaint Petersburg, Russian Federation.

Posted November 17 2012 - 04:13 AM

Everyone must play Need For Speed ​​Most Wanted 2012.
Long time since I hadn't seen such a good compilation of soundtracks!
Every good game deserves a tracklist as there.

#18 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts

Posted November 17 2012 - 03:51 PM

If were going to change the topic and start talking about game soundtracks i believe 2 franchise are far ahead of any other.
And those franchises are: Final fantasy and Katamari damacy.
Check this out.

Edited by h0B0, November 17 2012 - 03:52 PM.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

#19 HandSlander

HandSlander

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted November 17 2012 - 04:25 PM

View Posth0B0, on November 17 2012 - 03:51 PM, said:

If were going to change the topic and start talking about game soundtracks i believe 2 franchise are far ahead of any other.

Sorry I should have been more clear - when I mentioned XCOM and Deus Ex HR I meant in regards to being soundtracks that would suit/match HAWK3N.

Also FF soundtrack has enough coverage as it is - they even have their own 3DS rhythm game now!!!!

#20 Ace4225

Ace4225

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted November 17 2012 - 10:30 PM

I know how y'all feel, but personally... let me just

DROP THE BASS

DROP THE EPIC

aaaaannnnnddd...... that sums up what I feel when playing Hawken :D

[I know I posted Celldweller before.. but this album is just sick and, in my mind, fitting to a cinematic-graphic giant machine deathmatch in epic, yet claustrophobic, arenas. lol]

Edited by Ace4225, November 17 2012 - 10:41 PM.

Posted Image
---->[ =./\.= ]<----

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users