HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Natural Terrain_

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you like to have natural terrain in the game_ (293 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to have natural terrain in the game_

1. Yes (195 votes [76.77%])

Percentage of vote: 76.77%

2. No (21 votes [8.27%])

Percentage of vote: 8.27%

3. I don't mind (38 votes [14.96%])

Percentage of vote: 14.96%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 CornR

CornR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationUruguay

Posted July 16 2011 - 01:43 PM

I really liked the urban design that we've seen so far, I'm not sure about natural enviroments, but if the team can manage to pull it off then alright.

#22 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted July 18 2011 - 08:34 AM

Yeah.. The true is that I do prefer the most what I've already seen up until now. I can't wait to view the upcoming desert map based gameplay video! ;)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#23 Shai_tan

Shai_tan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted July 23 2011 - 04:51 PM

Egads, I really hope we see more natural terrain, otherwise we are doomed to Urban all the time.  Even a Spaceship crash site, ala space ship wreckage strewn interior and exterior, with surrounding terrain would be cool. Not to mention, a low grav space level, again space craft derelect floating near  asteroid belt so we can fight on the ships surfaces, interiors, and jump jet to the asteroid surfaces.

Coolness.
I`m here to chew bubblegum... and kick azz, and I`m all outta azz!

#24 izanagi1

izanagi1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted July 31 2011 - 11:36 AM

I would agree with more terrain types due to the lack of actual natural terrain we have seen so far it would be nice to see things such as park area's,forests,deserts and so on. it would also be good to see some form of low gravity levels as well as arctic areas/maps. As they say the spice of life is in diversity.

#25 SmellyFingers

SmellyFingers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted May 31 2012 - 04:38 PM

maybe a desert with a few ruined buildings scattered around and a few really high dunes, maybe some sunken ruins with tunnels, maybe a canyon. Or the side of a massive ancient building's ruins, with gameplay outside and in a small part of the structure. basically, a mix of natural terrain and building elements. this isn't armored core multiplayer; it's largely terrain-based. because of that, a giant open area like AC would not fit the play style of the game. it would need, at the very least, a few areas of structure separated by dunes or rocky terrain.

#26 Symmenix

Symmenix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationEDN.III. Outer Rim.

Posted June 02 2012 - 10:53 PM

THERES ALREADY A VIDEO UP ABOUT THE DESERT MAP
or am I crazy_
In my Shadow, There is a pile of rust. That was you.

#27 Nitris

Nitris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted June 03 2012 - 07:11 PM

Symmenix said:

am I crazy_

You crazy. Like a fox.
Don't fight back. Fight forward.

#28 Calypso

Calypso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted June 03 2012 - 07:25 PM

The dessert map we have seen seems to have some and Id expect more in other maps but the urban theme to this game is very apparent.
..................................................Posted Image.............................................

#29 Apoteoza

Apoteoza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted September 08 2012 - 11:42 AM

I love the  map from the trailer and I really hope that rest of them would be the same. Hiding in the forest...among the bears lol... no way. This game needs smart maps with beautiful objects on it. Snow, desert...empty places are not cool , no matter what you think.
If there was a town like this covered with snow than I say OK.  Don;t make this game looks like the BF3 maps :) big and empty....
Buildings behind which you can hide are amazing. The creators did awesome job.
Posted Image

#30 Innocent

Innocent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted September 18 2012 - 06:30 AM

fighting in a heavy thunderstorm or snowing is so nice and chilling...
:P :P :P
can't wait to start playing...

#31 FloRidaShane

FloRidaShane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted September 23 2012 - 09:54 AM

View PostThe_Silencer, on July 05 2011 - 01:14 PM, said:

Underwater maps, man! ;)

Probably I'm flipping too much at this one though! :P
Oh god NOT A WATER LEVEL. I always hate those.
"You stay classy San Diego"

#32 Ganelon

Ganelon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted September 23 2012 - 10:43 AM

A low gravity map would be interesting.

Edited by Ganelon, September 23 2012 - 10:43 AM.

IIntel i7-3820 3.6GHzI8GB DDR3INvidia GeForce GTX 670IAsus AsRock 79 Extreme 3IWestern Digital Caviar Green 1.5TBI

#33 KnightNeurotic

KnightNeurotic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted September 23 2012 - 11:02 AM

As cool as natural environments would be, I am quite content with what I've seen of the map design so far. After the game is released, perhaps some expansions featuring natural maps with cliffs, canyons, trees, etc. would be pretty cool. Perhaps I'm being nostalgic for Lost Planet, but I think Hawken would look really good in snow.
But seriously, no rush. The game looks beautiful as is and I think there will be at least some variation in environment theme judging from the desert map.

I'm curious, does anyone know the amount of maps that are coming out at release or are in the Alpha (if that can be disclosed)_
Also, what are the map boundaries like_

#34 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted September 23 2012 - 11:21 AM

View PostKnightNeurotic, on September 23 2012 - 11:02 AM, said:

I'm curious, does anyone know the amount of maps that are coming out at release or are in the Alpha (if that can be disclosed)_

Mr. Le mentioned in one of the interviews which are available on the official site that the game will start with 4 or 5 maps. IMO, the more the better, although the maps seen in the many gameplay demos look more than cool to me.. :)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#35 Lord_Vague

Lord_Vague

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted September 28 2012 - 10:18 PM

View PostKnightNeurotic, on September 23 2012 - 11:02 AM, said:

Perhaps I'm being nostalgic for Lost Planet, but I think Hawken would look really good in snow.

I'm a sucker for snow-based maps as well.

Edited by Lord_Vague, September 28 2012 - 10:19 PM.

#36 [BV]TinCan

[BV]TinCan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted September 29 2012 - 12:10 PM

To introduce additional maps with various terrain will be certainly necessary to make this game a keeper.
But the right strategy for that is naturally to start out with a few and patch the new maps in one after the other ;) .

Posted Image

“Don't wake me for the end of the world unless it has very good special effects.”
― Roger Zelany

"Where is the HRRRRRNNNN ship_"

― ShavenSatan

#37 theLAgunner240

theLAgunner240

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted October 10 2012 - 06:54 PM

MOON MAP!

#38 Xyzz

Xyzz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationUnknown

Posted October 20 2012 - 08:09 AM

Something like this came to mind when I thought of natural environment, like plain field of natural terrain with 1 or 2 sort of structures or ships in the middle.

Edited by Xyzz, October 20 2012 - 08:09 AM.

Posted Image

#39 AWOL_01

AWOL_01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted October 21 2012 - 06:59 AM

The "natural" terrain could just be an abandoned city that has been overrun by a jungle or desert, with trees and vines growing over everything or covered by sand dunes that have blown in over time. This way turrets and such could still work and not seem out of place.

#40 Quidius

Quidius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted November 11 2012 - 06:13 PM

with more open terrain then the heavy mechs would be useless while the sharpshooter and lighter mechs pick them off and dance around them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users