HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Natural Terrain_

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you like to have natural terrain in the game_ (293 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to have natural terrain in the game_

1. Yes (195 votes [76.77%])

Percentage of vote: 76.77%

2. No (21 votes [8.27%])

Percentage of vote: 8.27%

3. I don't mind (38 votes [14.96%])

Percentage of vote: 14.96%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 BlackSlevin

BlackSlevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationGMT +1

Posted November 13 2012 - 05:46 AM

Oh.. yes please!
A forrest sounds great, where you can chop down trees with bullets! :lol:

Posted Image

#42 Kinged

Kinged

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Locationlook behind you

Posted December 17 2012 - 09:58 AM

being able to hide behind rocks and ambush while enemies are in a canyon would be awesome. weaving between trees to find a place to repair. Man i can already see that as a possibility.
Exercise ... ex ... er ... cise
ex ... ar ...size ...
eggs ... are ...sides
... for bacon ...
BACON

#43 Gigatour

Gigatour

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted December 19 2012 - 02:32 PM

They should make a map editor and review the top ten maps and vote to add 5 or all them to the game.
Undersea mech factory,Jungle with waterfalls,the suburbs,I even thought as its a f2p game get a map with a few advertisements its futuristic have a hologram coke billboard or a few sports teams blimps in the sky, get camos representing brands like Barcelona or the Toronto maple leafs. Gets developers some money. Textures and maps are endless work where as balance and numbers are where a MMO can excel.

#44 kuro1n

kuro1n

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted December 22 2012 - 02:13 AM

Didn't take time to read the whole thread but considering they have speedtree on the splashscreen I would assume they will have this later. Also making assets aren't that hard these days with all nice features of sculpting programs and such, don't know how big their team is though.
Only downside I see to making a more terrain-like map is that you usually land on a higher poly count if you wish to have lush grass, bushes, trees and such things. I guess this wouldn't be a problem with some good LoD but unsure to what limit this game is using this.

#45 ShatteredSteel

ShatteredSteel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted January 11 2013 - 10:27 PM

for a futuristic mech world natural environments from other planets seems obvious imo. off world outposts, industrial sites, makes sense that mechs would be utilized for their versatile  traveling abilities in most of those applications.

#46 Regginator

Regginator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia.

Posted January 15 2013 - 05:28 AM

View PostNoamFer, on April 25 2011 - 08:07 AM, said:

Well, I thought the game would be really awesome if it had natural terrain in it, like a desert or a snowy forest. It would honestly be amazing if I could fight other guys in an empty desert; it would require much more skill to avoid shots.
Mechs, in a snowy forest_ I mean look at that it's like seeing a Zebra hiding amongst a pride of lions. Honestly, the maps would look fantastic but they wouldn't really fit into the atmosphere that is Illal.

This planet has been industrialised beyond recognition, and is still under development and mining by Prosk and Sentium.

While it would be a great aesthetic plus, it would be a atmospheric negative. So a no from me.
"I now see that the circumstances of one's birht are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." ~ Mewtwo

#47 P4THF1ND3R

P4THF1ND3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Location3rd planet from the Sun.

Posted January 21 2013 - 05:58 AM

Reggi, I have read up about the planet and its atmosphere. It is quite possible for there to be an area or two that have not been completely taken over by industry and can be made into a natural/industrial looking map. Can have an outpost surrounded by a small forest in which you can see the rest of the industrial/dead world. This can easily be accomplished without disregarding the lore of the planet.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users