HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

For all people planning on using a joystick

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 SILOS85

SILOS85

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted January 31 2013 - 04:48 PM

Ok, i've done it. Posted this elsewhere but i wanted to share now its finally set up.

I have two Saitek Cyborg 3d force joysticks (ambidextrous) with corresponding Pinnacle game profiles set for each one. Works very well. Set the left stick to strafe and move, (auto boost at 85% movement) and the right controls aiming (using the Z rotation axis for fine adjustment). It is HARD to get used too and you have accept you probably won't survive 1 on 1 against Key/Mouse unless you're SUPER effective on the aiming. BUT it's brilliant fun, especially if you can sit with a stick either side of you, like I do!

Overall cost:
Saitek Joysticks (£25-30, i had one anyway so i just bought a second one)
Pinnacle game profiler was £10 not long ago. Its VERY clever and I have already used to better 3 of my games with sticks/Razer controllers.

Now, if Hawken had some kind free look and indpendent aiming system (move the targetting reticle other than fixed centre) then you could look into TrackIR/Rift for Looking/Steering while the right stick aimed the weapons. The problem is that I haven't found many people on there yet who aren't numpties that get all stressed if your kill count drops. :)

#42 6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted February 23 2014 - 12:10 AM

instead of 2 joysticks, I'm using 1 Saitek cyborg v1 (left handed) and mouse for look & shoot.

I've improved over keyboard on first night of using.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users