HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Preview HAWKEN: Genesis, Get a Closed Beta Code!

Art Beta News

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted November 16 2012 - 10:18 AM

POPULAR

We've released the first of four preview issues of HAWKEN: Genesis, the original graphic novel based on HAWKEN. Check it out on comiXology.com and get a Closed Beta code! The code can be found on the last page of the preview issue.

Hawken_Genesis_Archaia_comiXology.jpg

Read the full press release here:

GET ACCESS TO HAWKEN CLOSED BETA!

ARCHAIA AND METEOR ENTERTAINMENT PARTNER WITH COMIXOLOGY TO DEBUT AN EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW SERIES FOR ‘HAWKEN: GENESIS’

The first installment arrives through comiXology Nov. 14, 2012 and features an exclusive code guaranteeing access to the third closed beta event of the HAWKEN video game

Los Angeles, CA (Nov. 14, 2012) – Award-winning graphic novel publisher Archaia Entertainment and free-to-play video game publisher Meteor Entertainment have teamed up with comiXology to debut four, free exclusive digital preview issues of HAWKEN: GENESIS, a hardcover graphic novel based on the highly anticipated online video game, HAWKEN! Today marks the release of the first exclusive preview throughout comiXology's revolutionary digital comics platform available across the iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle Fire, and the Web. This exclusive digital preview includes a special access code for HAWKEN’S third closed beta event, happening November 20th – December 6th 2012.  Adhesive and Meteor have been so thankful for the fan feedback in the first two closed betas they couldn’t wait to extend the invite to the graphic novel audience.

The HAWKEN: GENESIS full-length graphic novel arrives March 2013 and will be published by Archaia Entertainment. This hard-hitting OGN establishes and explores the exciting world of Illal, the backdrop for the HAWKEN video game universe. Developed alongside Khang Le (Project Offset, Flight), the game’s Creative Director and lead conceptual designer of Adhesive Games, and featuring the talent of some of the industry’s top conceptual artists, comic illustrators, and painters, HAWKEN: GENESIS is both a prequel and sourcebook to the epic warfare players will experience firsthand in the HAWKEN video game. Readers will get an amazing look at the vast post-apocalyptic mythology behind HAWKEN and follow the stories of the pivotal individuals that determine Illal's fate!

“Adhesive Games and Meteor Entertainment have developed such a unique and enticing war-torn future,” said Wes Harris, Meteor’s Vice President, Transmedia Publishing. “This digital release is a great way to expand our transmedia partnership with Archaia through comiXology while providing great opportunities for our fans to get access to the closed beta of the game.”

“Exploring the origin of that war and the dynamic, powerful personalities that set the political drama in motion was as exciting to create as it is to read,” added Jack Cummins, President & COO of Archaia. “We’re thrilled to premiere this material in digital form through comiXology and can’t wait to release the full graphic novel for eager HAWKEN fans.”

The first exclusive comiXology digital preview, “Prelude to Ruin,” is written by Jeremy Barlow (Mass Effect, Star Wars) and illustrated by Francisco Ruiz Velasco (concept artist on The Hobbit, Pacific Rim, and Hellboy 2).

HAWKEN is the award-winning, multiplayer, first-person-shooter (FPS) game for PC published by Meteor Entertainment. HAWKEN puts players in the pilot seat of a futuristic war machine. Going into open beta on 12.12.12 (December 12th), players can customize and upgrade their mechs from a wealth of accessories and styles. Players can then join their friends on the battlefield to rain destruction across HAWKEN’s beautiful and immersive landscapes. And most exciting of all, HAWKEN is FREE-TO-PLAY. Players can visit www.PlayHawken.com to register.

Three more exclusive digital previews will premiere monthly only through comiXology, and ultimately leading to the hardcover’s release this March.

HAWKEN: GENESIS is written by Khang Le and Jeremy Barlow and illustrated by Kody Chamberlain, Federico Dallocchio, Nathan Fox, Michael Gaydos, Bagus Hutomo, Sid Kotian, Khang Le, Christopher Moeller, Alex Sanchez, Bill Sienkiewicz, and Francisco Ruiz Velasco. It will debut March 2013.
"Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays."

#2 Deu

Deu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationWhite Base

Posted November 16 2012 - 11:45 AM

Awesome. Don't have to worry about finding it. Thank the gods for digital!!

Edited by Deu, November 16 2012 - 11:45 AM.

Posted Image

#3 LordSilen

LordSilen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 16 2012 - 12:38 PM

When I redeemed the code, it said that it signed me up for the Beta #2 thats already over_

#4 Aelieth

Aelieth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationShawnee, Oklahoma or Nagoya, Japan

Posted November 16 2012 - 01:39 PM

Nice! I'll pass this along to friends!
Posted Image
Seriously suicidal scrapheap operator

#5 DM30

DM30

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationCanada, Eh_

Posted November 16 2012 - 01:49 PM

View PostLordSilen, on November 16 2012 - 12:38 PM, said:

When I redeemed the code, it said that it signed me up for the Beta #2 thats already over_

That's fine, being accepted in one beta means you're automatically accepted for all future events. You're fine for 3.

#6 Theot

Theot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 16 2012 - 02:02 PM

I have the same problemas LordSillenit say that it singed me up for closed beta 2 thats already over.I downloaded the game and it say that i don't have acces to the game.What should i do_

#7 Kaempfer

Kaempfer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted November 16 2012 - 06:31 PM

You're good with that, just wait for the next beta to start.

#8 RTLSCPC

RTLSCPC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 16 2012 - 07:43 PM

how do i get a code_

#9 marshalade

marshalade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • LocationGasland, Pa, USA

Posted November 16 2012 - 09:05 PM

fuzzy bunny the beta code, I'm excited for the books! More!!!

Posted Image
A tidal wave of marshalade...

#10 ArchAngelSam

ArchAngelSam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 16 2012 - 09:39 PM

i bought the $5, how to play_

#11 AliensMystery

AliensMystery

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 17 2012 - 01:08 AM

how to get the code <_< -_-

#12 KyRoS

KyRoS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted November 17 2012 - 02:43 PM

Sweet! Downloading now. Also bought the commander pack. This game is awesome :)

Edited by KyRoS, November 17 2012 - 02:43 PM.

#13 Fenian

Fenian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 17 2012 - 06:27 PM

Where can I download the game_

#14 AndrewOsis

AndrewOsis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 17 2012 - 08:18 PM

I put in the code and nothing seems to have happend. I tried many times. Please advise devs...

#15 Mechnesium

Mechnesium

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 17 2012 - 11:02 PM

Really enjoyed the last closed beta event, I'm hooked! Can't wait for the next one. Bring on HAWKEN

#16 Frank2bad

Frank2bad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 18 2012 - 01:31 PM

not only does this game look promising. It looks like total fun. I participate in multiple betas and I am down right excited for this one!!

#17 [HWK]Deuy

[HWK]Deuy

Chief Nomadic Trapeze Artist

• Adhesive Games
  • 350 posts

Posted November 18 2012 - 02:56 PM

View PostTheot, on November 16 2012 - 02:02 PM, said:

I have the same problemas LordSillenit say that it singed me up for closed beta 2 thats already over.I downloaded the game and it say that i don't have acces to the game.What should i do_

The code will give you access to all the beta events, you just need to wait until Beta 3 begins on Tuesday the 20th.

View PostArchAngelSam, on November 16 2012 - 09:39 PM, said:

i bought the $5, how to play_

You should receive a beta code from your purchase (check your email).  Sign in at www.playhawken.com, redeem the code and dowload the client.  Wait until Nov 20th for the next Beta round to start.

View PostFenian, on November 17 2012 - 06:27 PM, said:

Where can I download the game_

Sign into your account on the homepage www.playhawken,com, if you haven't already entered your beta code, redeem code in the upper right corner.  If it doesn't tell you how to download after that, just go to www.playhawken.com/beta and you should be able to get it there.

View PostAndrewOsis, on November 17 2012 - 08:18 PM, said:

I put in the code and nothing seems to have happend. I tried many times. Please advise devs...

See if you can download the installer at www.playhawken.com/beta .  If you can, then wait until the servers go live on the 20th.  If you can't try entering the code again and make sure you use the proper case for the letters (caps) and include the dashes.

#18 Dieselpunk

Dieselpunk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted November 19 2012 - 06:05 AM

Unless I'm mistaken, the code is not sent via email...it is located on the very last page of the comic. It appears to be a general code, not one generated for each individual.

#19 Frosteh_

Frosteh_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 19 2012 - 06:48 AM

Redeemed the code from the comic, downloaded the client, go to login and it says:

"You are not authorized to access this version".

Have I done it wrong or do I have to wait till tomorrow to download the game files_

Thanks

#20 Ozzalin

Ozzalin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted November 19 2012 - 07:20 AM

View PostFrosteh_, on November 19 2012 - 06:48 AM, said:

Redeemed the code from the comic, downloaded the client, go to login and it says:

"You are not authorized to access this version".

Have I done it wrong or do I have to wait till tomorrow to download the game files_

Thanks
Nope, you did ok, the thing is, the link up there, i do believe is version 1.0 which wont work with closed beta #3, or if it does, it'll work only once the servers will go live, in any cases, your code has been entered and you received the correct message. So just wait until servers are up soon, and either you will receive a mail, or will have to uninstall this one, and download the new client for beta #3. Stay tuned.

Edited by Ozzalin, November 19 2012 - 07:21 AM.

LOCK and LOAD!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Art, Beta, News

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users