HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Presale Bundles Now Available via the Vanguard Initiative

Announcement News Website

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#1 Hugs_

Hugs_

Former Community Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationUnknown Kadath

Posted November 16 2012 - 03:27 PM

Posted Image

Greetings, pilots!

As we move toward our Open Beta on 12.12.12 we can't thank you enough for all the love you've shown HAWKEN. All this would not be possible without your support and enthusiasm.

We're currently in Closed Beta, but if you have been looking for a way in or you've already enlisted and you're looking for a leg up at the start of Open Beta we offer the Vanguard Initiative.

For $5, you'll gain access to our final Closed Beta Event (CBE3) as well as $5 worth of Meteor Credits at Open Beta.

For $15, you get CBE3 access, a prototype mech , as well as exclusive, in-game items, a three-day XP boost, and a $5 bonus so you'll go into Open Beta with $20 of Meteor Credits ready to spend in your garage.

For $30, you get all of the above as well as a three-day HAWKEN Credit boost to be used at your discretion. You'll also get a bonus $10 in Meteor Credits so you'll go into Open Beta with $40 worth of Meteor Credits ready to spend in your garage.

For $60, you get all of the above, but instead of three-day boosts you'll get seven-day XP and HAWKEN Credit boosts. You'll also be granted an exclusive, limited-edition prototype repair drone!

These exclusive benefits are is only available through this limited-time promotion! It's a great time to stock up! http://www.playhawken.com/presale
xxoo

#2 Aelieth

Aelieth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationShawnee, Oklahoma or Nagoya, Japan

Posted November 16 2012 - 03:37 PM

Already threw my money in! It's been a pent up agony waiting to finally invest in it!

I'm so happy... had to do a little dance.

Edited by Aelieth, November 16 2012 - 03:40 PM.

Posted Image
Seriously suicidal scrapheap operator

#3 marshalade

marshalade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • LocationGasland, Pa, USA

Posted November 16 2012 - 03:39 PM

Just purchased my commander package! Looking forward to all the goodies! :)

Posted Image
A tidal wave of marshalade...

#4 Culex

Culex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted November 16 2012 - 03:42 PM

Question: Do the boosts start automatically on the 12/12 on open beta day or can they be activated when the player wants_ Also, if I were to purchase a separate boost, like a 3-day boost, and I pick up the $60 package, would I be able to activate the 3-day boost separately and save the 7-day boost for another time_

I'm guessing the prototype mech you get is a free starter mech. For players that don't have a prototype mech, do they just end up playing a default one or will there be a renting/trial sort of demo for them to use until they have enough Hawken Credits to buy their first mech_

I am matter... I am antimatter... I can see your past... I can see your future...

I consume time... And I will consume you!
Posted Image

#5 KaszaWspraju

KaszaWspraju

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted November 16 2012 - 03:42 PM

I wanted to buy a package for 30 U.S. dollars.

I knew, Europeans got kick ass, 30 U.S. dollars = 30 euro. Just wonderful.

Converted to my country currency I pay 124 zł( 30 euro) instead 96zł (30 U.S. dollars)

But most importantly, I do not get the equivalent 30 euro in Metro credit, just 30 U.S. dollars

Not to mention the $ 60 package, which for me will cost 60 Euros (250 zł) WowW. Games on steam are cheaper.

With this conversion will not afford the package for 30 dollars/euro.

Only to options to pay:  Credit Card or PayPal_ BLR and Steam have more options.

Edited by KaszaWspraju, November 16 2012 - 03:54 PM.

INTEL i5-4670K * ASUS Z87-A * GOODRAM DDR3 2x4GB * GIGABYTE GTX 760 OC rev 2.0 * X-Fi XTREME MUSIC * GRADO SR-60

SAMSUNG EVO 120GB * OCZ STEALTHXSTREAM 2 600W * Win 7 64
@ defekt : Mobility is King and burst damage is Queen. Checkmate.
Gdy byłem młodszy byłem bardziej beztroski... aha... nie lubię już POLSKI !

#6 Toryne

Toryne

Ghost of Crion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted November 16 2012 - 03:47 PM

Purchased full set :D

#7 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Locationsomewhere beyond time and space (-5 GMT)

Posted November 16 2012 - 03:49 PM

Unfortunately I am broke otherwise I would pony up on the commander pack

because bow ties are cool

#8 PabloPwnage

PabloPwnage

Producer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted November 16 2012 - 03:54 PM

View PostKaszaWspraju, on November 16 2012 - 03:42 PM, said:

Converted to my country currency I pay 124 zł( 30 euro) instead 96zł (30 U.S. dollars)

But most importantly, I do not get the equivalent 30 euro in Metro credit, just 30 U.S. dollars

Not to mention the $ 60 package, which for me will cost 60 Euros (250 zł) WowW. Games on steam are cheaper.

Hi Kasza,

To make things easier we are indeed charging the same numerical value for all regions (30 USD in US, 30 Euros in EU), however players in non-US regions where the currency value is higher than USD get an increased amount of Meteor Credits than people buying here in the US.  You are indeed getting 30 Euros worth of Meteor Credits, not 30 USD.  Unfortunately this was not clearly communicated on the Vanguard page; we are making a change to the page right now to reflect this difference.  

Simply put: We decided to normalize the vanguard offers by giving you more Meteor Credits instead of making it cost less Euros :)

Paul Loynd
Senior Producer/Enforcer, Meteor Entertainment

#9 KaszaWspraju

KaszaWspraju

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted November 16 2012 - 04:04 PM

View PostPabloPwnage, on November 16 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

Hi Kasza,

To make things easier we are indeed charging the same numerical value for all regions (30 USD in US, 30 Euros in EU), however players in non-US regions where the currency value is higher than USD get an increased amount of Meteor Credits than people buying here in the US.  You are indeed getting 30 Euros worth of Meteor Credits, not 30 USD.  Unfortunately this was not clearly communicated on the Vanguard page; we are making a change to the page right now to reflect this difference.  

Simply put: We decided to normalize the vanguard offers by giving you more Meteor Credits instead of making it cost less Euros :)

Thank you for your quick response, I'm glad MC has been increased for EU players, However, a second option would be handy for those who do not want or can not spend that much at once. I also high hopes to be added additional payment options (paysafecard - BLR,,Steam ).

I do not see too rates of conversion dollars, euro for MC.

Edited by KaszaWspraju, November 16 2012 - 04:04 PM.

INTEL i5-4670K * ASUS Z87-A * GOODRAM DDR3 2x4GB * GIGABYTE GTX 760 OC rev 2.0 * X-Fi XTREME MUSIC * GRADO SR-60

#10 D20Face

D20Face

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted November 16 2012 - 04:08 PM

Hi Kasza,

I'd still be irked if I lived in Europe, but I guess this is better than it could be.

I'm glad to hear that euros and dollars will be adjusted for purchases of future credits though.

EDIT: OH Question. If I like the silver skin more can I use it if I bought the $60 bundle_

Edited by D20Face, November 16 2012 - 04:11 PM.

#11 PabloPwnage

PabloPwnage

Producer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted November 16 2012 - 04:11 PM

View PostKaszaWspraju, on November 16 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

Hi Kasza,

Thank you for your quick response, I'm glad MC has been increased for EU players, However, a second option would be handy for those who do not want or can not spend that much at once. I also high hopes to be added additional payment options (paysafecard - BLR,,Steam ).

I do not see too rates of conversion dollars, euro for MC.

Hi Kasza,

We are talking about normalizing currency for the offers for exactly the reasons you point out.  Stay posted for any changes we make.

In an effort to get the Vanguard Initiative launched for all of you, we were not able to get all of the additional payment methods included in time for today but we will support additional methods shortly in the future once we have had time to test them.  It is very important to us that all of those methods work properly and are thoroughly tested.

Paul Loynd
Senior Producer/Enforcer, Meteor Entertainment

#12 KaszaWspraju

KaszaWspraju

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted November 16 2012 - 04:18 PM

Thank you again, I'm with the purchase of a pause until all will be revealed.:
  • prices for HAWKEN Credit boost and XP.
  • rates of conversion dollars, euro for MC.
  • price for mech and items.
In a matter of money all understatements are unacceptable.

Edited by KaszaWspraju, November 16 2012 - 04:24 PM.

#13 Deu

Deu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationWhite Base

Posted November 16 2012 - 04:18 PM

So to geet all the skins you have to buy all three_ That's no good because I like the others better than the Comm.

Posted Image

#14 Aelieth

Aelieth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationShawnee, Oklahoma or Nagoya, Japan

Posted November 16 2012 - 04:20 PM

View PostDeu, on November 16 2012 - 04:18 PM, said:

So to geet all the skins you have to buy all three_ That's no good because I like the others better than the Comm.

Buy more stuff, Deu, you can be great credit to community!

Edit: I actually almost did, but then thought to myself that my account might get really messed up from having over-lapping items in it.

Edited by Aelieth, November 16 2012 - 04:21 PM.

Posted Image
Seriously suicidal scrapheap operator

#15 bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Defender of Pork Products

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationUsually hanging out in #spawn

Posted November 16 2012 - 04:53 PM

As I read/understand it:
  • The Lieutenant and Commander boosters are available for those who purchase those levels as a 'credit' of sorts, and are activated at a time of the buyers choosing.  The ensign level has it's booster start upon start of the open beta.
  • Each level gets it's own specific camouflage and emblem.
My question:
  • The vanguard page lists a prototype mech and repair drone.  Are these going to be different from those the dev hunt and alpha testers get_
  • If someone decides they want all three camouflage and emblems, do they get all three of the camouflage and emblems, and three of the prototype mechs_
  • Is the prototype mech something new, or is it Fred_  :)

Edited by bacon_avenger, November 16 2012 - 04:55 PM.

(I don't mean to necro threads, I'm just almost always running behind.  My apologies)

Posted ImageFollower of Wheaton's Law, #spawn camper, test dummy for science, and being one of "those guys" <3

Youtube: thebaconavenger - Twitch/Twitter: bacon_avenger

System specs: i5 2500k // Asus P8Z68-V // eVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Superclocked // 16 GB 1600 DDR3
New to siege_  Give Bacon's Guide to Siege Mode a watch

#16 Female

Female

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted November 16 2012 - 05:00 PM

I am poor.

If I were rich... I'd buy this.

I think alpha players should get at least the repair drone when the game is released.

Hugs can I borrow $60_
Posted Image

#17 Hugs_

Hugs_

Former Community Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationUnknown Kadath

Posted November 16 2012 - 05:05 PM

View Postbacon_avenger, on November 16 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

As I read/understand it:
  • The Lieutenant and Commander boosters are available for those who purchase those levels as a 'credit' of sorts, and are activated at a time of the buyers choosing.  The ensign level has it's booster start upon start of the open beta.
  • Each level gets it's own specific camouflage and emblem.

Close! The boosts can be used when ever you choose to activate it. The upper tiers get access to the lower tier camo, but not the other emblems.

View Postbacon_avenger, on November 16 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

My question:
  • The vanguard page lists a prototype mech and repair drone.  Are these going to be different from those the dev hunt and alpha testers get_
  • If someone decides they want all three camouflage and emblems, do they get all three of the camouflage and emblems, and three of the prototype mechs_
  • Is the prototype mech something new, or is it Fred_  :)

These items are totally unrelated to any awards from those two events.

If you get an upper tier package you'll automatically get the other camo skins, but not the emblems.

The prototypes are something new! We'll have more details about them share soon!

Hope this helps!
xxoo

#18 Spiderz

Spiderz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationMarcoola Beach, QLD, AUS

Posted November 16 2012 - 05:23 PM

read emails in bed, scrambled into my chair, got it asap.!

Edited by Spiderz, November 24 2012 - 03:08 AM.

DAMN SON! WHERE'D YOU FIND THIS!_
i want keybinding that makes my mech play this tune with acouple twirling beacon lights.
click banner for clan info
Posted Image

#19 Karboxyd

Karboxyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted November 16 2012 - 05:39 PM

View PostPabloPwnage, on November 16 2012 - 04:11 PM, said:

It is very important to us that all of those methods work properly and are thoroughly tested.
Is the tax we get as Europeans considered as a "properly working method" _
I suppose the stupid rate of 1$=1€ that is so widely used was not enough...
What is that tax for anyway _

Also, does the adapted MC points amount reflects that magical tax _

#20 Timber_Wolf

Timber_Wolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted November 16 2012 - 05:49 PM

Just bought me some commander package.  Can't wait.
Also, Hugs, your location made me smile way too big.  You are the greatest.

xxoo
Chicks dig giant robots.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, News, Website

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users