HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Ran out memory video! Exiting...

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 Fastolph

Fastolph

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 03:12 PM

The game show this error when I try to connect in a game:

Posted Image

The weird of that is, 2 o 3 hours ago, I could play in two games without problems

Steps to Reproduce: Always I try to connect in a game
Frequency: Always.
Severity: 5/5 (I think...)
System Specs:
- Windows 7 Started (32 bits)
- 4 GB Ram
- i5-3450
- AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series

Sorry about my english... :)

#2 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted November 20 2012 - 03:15 PM

Happened to me once as well, whilst quitting after a round of games.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#3 Fastolph

Fastolph

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 02:39 PM

Today I have seen the error twice times.

The first one, I finished one game. Later, I could not connect to another game nevermore.
When I had reboot my computer I could connect to a game again but, in that moment, I could not finish the round.

In this week I will try to put more RAM on my computer and Windows 7 64 bits, maybe this is the problem...

#4 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationColumbia Internet

Posted November 21 2012 - 02:47 PM

View PostFastolph, on November 21 2012 - 02:39 PM, said:

In this week I will try to put more RAM on my computer and Windows 7 64 bits, maybe this is the problem...

Won't help.
It's running out of RAM on your GPU/Videocard, not actual RAM (because then you'd get a different error alltogether).
It seems to happen more on ATI cards, from the few reports of this that i've seen (this isn't the first thread to mention this error), so i'd venture a guess that something in the code doesn't like the ATI cards or ATI's drivers.
Are you using the latest video drivers _
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
BEGIN Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_
END Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK

#5 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationDown Under/invading US west servers

Posted November 21 2012 - 04:17 PM

I have a 9800GT and I'm playing on medium settings. Haven't come across this problem and I have only 1GB of VRAM.

Here's a question for you all, do you have paging enabled on your computer_ (if you don't know what that is, NVM, cause it should be on by default). In the BF3 Beta, I got a DX11 (was when my 5970 was still running) ran out of video memory issue, but it turned out it was actually a RAM issue caused by paging being turned off (6GB of RAM then). My fix was to either turn on paging, or I just upgraded to 12GB of RAM, lol
Posted Image
Me: Youtube | Drop Bears
Guides: Hawken Tips and Tricks | Fraps + Compression | Lag + Gaming
Rig: i7-920 + H50 | MSI X58A-GD45 | Corsair Dominator 12GB | 2x EVGA GTX 660TI SC+ 3GB | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB | Corsair HX1000 | CM HAF932

#6 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 04:19 PM

View PostDread_Lord_Pitr, on November 21 2012 - 02:47 PM, said:

Won't help.
It's running out of RAM on your GPU/Videocard, not actual RAM (because then you'd get a different error alltogether).
It seems to happen more on ATI cards, from the few reports of this that i've seen (this isn't the first thread to mention this error), so i'd venture a guess that something in the code doesn't like the ATI cards or ATI's drivers.

Actually its not and adding more memory and upgrading to a 64bit OS is the best thing for him.

The issue is that the game is hitting a ram ceiling that the OS cannot simply give anymore and crashes out.

Welcome to 32bit OS and gaming.

#7 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 04:20 PM

View PostArnieF4440, on November 21 2012 - 04:17 PM, said:

I have a 9800GT and I'm playing on medium settings. Haven't come across this problem and I have only 1GB of VRAM.

Here's a question for you all, do you have paging enabled on your computer_ (if you don't know what that is, NVM, cause it should be on by default). In the BF3 Beta, I got a DX11 (was when my 5970 was still running) ran out of video memory issue, but it turned out it was actually a RAM issue caused by paging being turned off (6GB of RAM then). My fix was to either turn on paging, or I just upgraded to 12GB of RAM, lol

Paging or otherwise known as the "Page File" should ALWAYS be left on no matter what. I have 8gb of ram in my system and I set a static pagefile size to 2gb and nothing more and nothing less.

#8 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationDown Under/invading US west servers

Posted November 21 2012 - 04:51 PM

View PostJuiceBox, on November 21 2012 - 04:20 PM, said:

Paging or otherwise known as the "Page File" should ALWAYS be left on no matter what. I have 8gb of ram in my system and I set a static pagefile size to 2gb and nothing more and nothing less.

No mate, that's naive. If you are concerned about debugging problems and system memory dumps, or you have programs that require (or check for) a page file, then you should leave it on. All paging does is use another (lower) level of the memory hierarchy for extra capacity, increasing the overall memory retrieval time if the data isn't stored in RAM. Its not very noticeable overall because of the way data is stored in RAM using Locality of Reference (wiki that), and the overall speed of hardware. (Computer Science bachelors is finally useful, lol!)

I'm running a 64-bit OS, 12GB of RAM, my page file is off and I'm running a SSD. So for me its better to not use a page file on my SSD (reduces the lifetime due to the increased reads and writes done if paging is on), or move it to a HDD, which I CBF doing. In terms of performance, it is meant to be faster, but usually there's not much of a noticeable performance benefit. Overall, it is safe to turn it off IF you have enough RAM

EDIT: Paging != page file. (I'm simplifying) Paging = memory management scheme that transfers data to and from RAM when you don't have enough RAM. Its slower cause it has to use slower speed hardware to access that data. Page file is just what is used for paging.

Edited by ArnieF4440, November 21 2012 - 04:57 PM.

Posted Image
Me: Youtube | Drop Bears
Guides: Hawken Tips and Tricks | Fraps + Compression | Lag + Gaming
Rig: i7-920 + H50 | MSI X58A-GD45 | Corsair Dominator 12GB | 2x EVGA GTX 660TI SC+ 3GB | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB | Corsair HX1000 | CM HAF932

#9 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 04:53 PM

View PostArnieF4440, on November 21 2012 - 04:51 PM, said:

View PostJuiceBox, on November 21 2012 - 04:20 PM, said:

No mate, that's naive. If you are concerned about debugging problems and system memory dumps, or you have programs that require (or check for) a page file, then you should leave it on. All paging does is use another (lower) level of the memory hierarchy for extra capacity, increasing the overall memory retrieval time if the data isn't stored in RAM. Its not very noticeable overall because of the way data is stored in RAM using Locality of Reference (wiki that), and the overall speed of hardware.

I'm running a 64-bit OS, 12GB of RAM, my page file is off and I'm running a SSD. So for me its better to not use a page file on my SSD (reduces the lifetime due to the increased reads and writes done if paging is on), or move it to a HDD, which I CBF doing. TBH, there's not much of a performance benefit overall, but it is sometimes noticeable. Overall, it is safe to turn it off IF you have enough RAM

Uhm no.. again. If you use a SSD you should have a mechanical drive to have a pagefile to be used on. Whether you have enough ram or not.. some programs STILL rely on a pagefile to be there.

#10 Masakari

Masakari

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 04:59 PM

I've this problem many's times today already.  It always happens when a match is over and I try to go back to the lobby.  The game closes and I have to open it back up again.

#11 Tonterror

Tonterror

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 06:28 PM

*sigh*

I have 32bit Win7 system; ran out of memory during play

Pretty sure its not my HD 7700 video card.

#12 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 06:34 PM

View PostTonterror, on November 21 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:

*sigh*

I have 32bit Win7 system; ran out of memory during play

Pretty sure its not my HD 7700 video card.

TURN DOWN THE QUALITY OR UPGRADE YOUR OS

#13 Anglackel

Anglackel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 07:07 PM

had this same problem with the game 3 times after the 3th i rebooted and now the game wont even send the error it simply closes without reason mid game

win7 32bit

4Gb Ram

AMD FX 8150 8C 3.6GHz

nvidia gforce gt430 1gb

runing at min specs so its almost imposible for me to be out of memory

Tested same build xcept for 8 Gb ram and 64 win 7 same problem

Edited by Anglackel, November 21 2012 - 07:08 PM.

#14 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 07:31 PM

View PostAnglackel, on November 21 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

had this same problem with the game 3 times after the 3th i rebooted and now the game wont even send the error it simply closes without reason mid game

win7 32bit

4Gb Ram

AMD FX 8150 8C 3.6GHz

nvidia gforce gt430 1gb
U
runing at min specs so its almost imposible for me to be out of memory

Tested same build xcept for 8 Gb ram and 64 win 7 same problem

And how did the 8gb and 64bit work for you_

#15 Sharp79ita

Sharp79ita

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationItaly - Rome

Posted November 21 2012 - 11:18 PM

I have HIGH Spec. computer, Videocard is a Geforce GTX 670 With 4Gb GDDR5.... at lower settings the game exit and write me OUT OF VIDEO RAM!!! fuzzy bunny is impossible! please patch the game!!

ITAK

Italian Killers Clan - Hawken Mechanized Steel Division

Posted Image

#16 Fastolph

Fastolph

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 03:09 PM

View PostDread_Lord_Pitr, on November 21 2012 - 02:47 PM, said:

Won't help.

Yes, I have the latest video driver. I think at least..

Tonight, I have tried the game with medium video setting, and works fine for me on 2 differents games. Anyway, I have in mind test with 8 gb of Ram and Windows 64 bits with all video settings on high

Thank you for all, guys and sorry for my english one more time.

#17 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 04:07 PM

View PostSharp79ita, on November 21 2012 - 11:18 PM, said:

I have HIGH Spec. computer, Videocard is a Geforce GTX 670 With 4Gb GDDR5.... at lower settings the game exit and write me OUT OF VIDEO RAM!!! fuzzy bunny is impossible! please patch the game!!

No dxdiag.. no help./

#18 Jadz

Jadz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 08:41 AM

Yeah this fuzzy bunny is still there in the game and everywhere I look I see this juicebox guy trying to tell everyone that hawken lied about the system requirements in a round about way. Please juicebox the wise tell them all to get 64 bit OS and 8gb of ram and telling them at the same time that they are all wrong about it being a bug but realise at the same time you are calling the system requirements a lie. I decided not to even bother downloading the cb3 because this is not fixed and apparently windows 7 32 bit with 2gb ram on a quad core and a gts450 is not good enough for this monster of a game. I will stick to my lower quality games like crysis 2 and gta4 and BF3 and mechwarriors online which plays nice and smooth and need for speed most wanted 2012 and well any new game out there with settings set to high like Modern warfare 3 and black ops 2 and yeah you see what I mean by now I think.

Look the game looks cool and all yadada and I hope it gets fixed or if it is not broken then yey for all the folks with 12gb of ram enjoy hawken it's the only game I can't play.

Edited by Jadz, November 23 2012 - 08:45 AM.

#19 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 08:50 AM

@jadz,

I am not saying the game is perfect. What i am saying is that there is something about it and a 32bit os causing grief. I loaded up the game last night for a few mins and noticed a max usage of about 1.3gb of ram. Now I wasn't able to test a lot of differ maps due to time constraints but this game is running better than it was previously.

My system can play it on ultra settings with physx enabled and my system isn't that great compared to what is out there right now.

But what people need to realize is if they are having this issue providing NO info at all helps nobody. Upload screen shots, dxdiag info etc to help out making the game better.

I am only providing information off of what I s3 and notice. Perhaps my help may not be helpful but maybe someone will be able to figure something out.

#20 BornBlue

BornBlue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 08:55 AM

I have this problem too and my computer is ->
Video card Nvidia GT 220 1GB , Intel i3 and i5 , 4 GB of Ram , system of 32 bit and windows seven ultimate
whats will be the problem_ <_< patch please....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users