HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Ran out memory video! Exiting...

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#21 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 09:04 AM

View PostBornBlue, on November 23 2012 - 08:55 AM, said:

I have this problem too and my computer is ->
Video card Nvidia GT 220 1GB , Intel i3 and i5 , 4 GB of Ram , system of 32 bit and windows seven ultimate
whats will be the problem_ <_< patch please....

Curious if you actually read this thread or just posted_

Oh and a gt220 is not a gaming card by any means.

Edited by JuiceBox, November 23 2012 - 09:04 AM.

#22 Jadz

Jadz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 09:57 AM

View PostJuiceBox, on November 23 2012 - 08:50 AM, said:

@jadz,

I am not saying the game is perfect. What i am saying is that there is something about it and a 32bit os causing grief. I loaded up the game last night for a few mins and noticed a max usage of about 1.3gb of ram. Now I wasn't able to test a lot of differ maps due to time constraints but this game is running better than it was previously.

My system can play it on ultra settings with physx enabled and my system isn't that great compared to what is out there right now.

But what people need to realize is if they are having this issue providing NO info at all helps nobody. Upload screen shots, dxdiag info etc to help out making the game better.

I am only providing information off of what I s3 and notice. Perhaps my help may not be helpful but maybe someone will be able to figure something out.
  OK I will get you the info give me a day or 2 will download it now and see if it still happens. How do I get you the info you need what is the process how do I get the crash info you want etc etc because I would really like to be able to play this.

#23 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 10:04 AM

@jadz well your dxdiag is a good place to start but looking at your post you say you have 2gb of ram_ This is not nearly enough by today's standards.  Upgrade to 4gb and see how that works for you.

#24 Jadz

Jadz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 10:11 AM

View PostJuiceBox, on November 23 2012 - 10:04 AM, said:

@jadz well your dxdiag is a good place to start but looking at your post you say you have 2gb of ram_ This is not nearly enough by today's standards.  Upgrade to 4gb and see how that works for you.
All those other you know lower quality games of today work fine with 2gb high settings hawken should be fine 2gb low settings since its so much high standard I mean. Anyway it is in there requirements I will get a dx report although looks like many people have posted there dx reports before.

#25 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 10:31 AM

Some games use more cpu, or more gpu or more ram.

Comparing two games is like comparing apples to oranges.

#26 Anglackel

Anglackel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 12:53 PM

View PostJuiceBox, on November 21 2012 - 07:31 PM, said:

View PostAnglackel, on November 21 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

had this same problem with the game 3 times after the 3th i rebooted and now the game wont even send the error it simply closes without reason mid game

win7 32bit

4Gb Ram

AMD FX 8150 8C 3.6GHz

nvidia gforce gt430 1gb
U
runing at min specs so its almost imposible for me to be out of memory

Tested same build xcept for 8 Gb ram and 64 win 7 same problem

And how did the 8gb and 64bit work for you_

i couldnt really test it since as soon as it loaded the game crashed T_T

#27 Anglackel

Anglackel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 12:57 PM

tested changing my video driver... it somewhat worked i can only run it a min specs with that driver and only 2 games at most before it crashes again but i cant run any other game with that driver cuz its outdated all other games crashes im at a loss here

#28 OMEGAlomaniac

OMEGAlomaniac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 03:08 PM

View PostJuiceBox, on November 23 2012 - 09:04 AM, said:

View PostBornBlue, on November 23 2012 - 08:55 AM, said:

I have this problem too and my computer is ->
Video card Nvidia GT 220 1GB , Intel i3 and i5 , 4 GB of Ram , system of 32 bit and windows seven ultimate
whats will be the problem_ <_< patch please....

Curious if you actually read this thread or just posted_

Oh and a gt220 is not a gaming card by any means.

Okay, seriously dude, this is a place for people to post bug reports for the developers. Yes, he probably should have included a DxDiag, but he clearly said he is having the same issue as the OP and posted a quick run down of his system specs. You constantly coming in to anyone who is having this problems thread and telling them that their computer isn't good enough to play the game (even though in several cases it should be) isn't "helping" anyone. Sure, remind them that they should probably upload their DxDiag file, but don't be condescending to anyone who is submitting a bug report that is not aimed at you.

Edited by OMEGAlomaniac, November 23 2012 - 03:09 PM.

#29 HellRik

HellRik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted November 23 2012 - 03:12 PM

Ran this game on my 2nd PC with a windows 7 32bits and 9800GT w/512mo...same issue..

Now on a GTX470 w/1280mo , everything is fine.

Edited by HellRik, November 23 2012 - 03:12 PM.

Posted Image

#30 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 03:49 PM

View PostHellRik, on November 23 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:

Ran this game on my 2nd PC with a windows 7 32bits and 9800GT w/512mo...same issue..

I would assume its because the game is using up all the internal memory of the gpu then switching out to system memory which in the end is going to cause issues.

This is sitting in the garage.. look at my GPU usage...
Posted Image

Edited by JuiceBox, November 23 2012 - 03:54 PM.

#31 RavenSol

RavenSol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 05:27 PM

this happens to me every time i leave a match room  doesn't matter if i have played 10 matches in it or just entered and left it will crash every single time.

#32 HellRik

HellRik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted November 23 2012 - 05:41 PM

View PostJuiceBox, on November 23 2012 - 03:49 PM, said:

I would assume its because the game is using up all the internal memory of the gpu then switching out to system memory which in the end is going to cause issues.

Posted Image

Evga huh_

Posted Image

#33 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 05:52 PM

View PostHellRik, on November 23 2012 - 05:41 PM, said:

View PostJuiceBox, on November 23 2012 - 03:49 PM, said:

Posted Image

Evga huh_

Evga card yes.. MSI afterburner for osd

#34 Jadz

Jadz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 04:44 AM

To JuiceBox here is some info after the crash. Not sure if the event file shows events for install or gameplay check it out. The dxdiag I really do not see what that will do it does not seem to say anything bad happened. Same in event viewer seems like nothing unless the things that happend there were not for the install. Is there something else I need_ Do they have a bug capture tool for Hawken. Is the dxdiag what you wanted or is there some dxdiagnostics tool I am supposed to be using_

Attached Files

#35 Jadz

Jadz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 04:47 AM

View PostJuiceBox, on November 23 2012 - 10:31 AM, said:

Some games use more cpu, or more gpu or more ram.

Comparing two games is like comparing apples to oranges.

I was comparing all games against hawken not just 2 games. I did not say that I can not play Hawken but I can play BF3 maxed. I said I can play all new games high settings no problem just not Hawken. Anyway I uploaded some info. In a post in here.

#36 Jadz

Jadz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 07:39 PM

Wow I send the info you were complaining about no one sending then now the place has become a ghost town for the last 2 days.

#37 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 09:07 PM

View PostJadz, on November 24 2012 - 07:39 PM, said:

Wow I send the info you were complaining about no one sending then now the place has become a ghost town for the last 2 days.

Your running 2gb of ram which is going to be causing you a lot of grief. Minimum these days is 4gb. By upgrading to 4gb I would say most of your issues would go away.

#38 Jadz

Jadz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 11:58 PM

View PostJuiceBox, on November 24 2012 - 09:07 PM, said:

Your running 2gb of ram which is going to be causing you a lot of grief. Minimum these days is 4gb. By upgrading to 4gb I would say most of your issues would go away.

Only using 78% ram at the time it crashed.
Anyway still don't explain why it has to crash like that when other games with better graphics play through fine

HAWKEN STSTEM REQUIREMENTS
CPU/Processor: Intel Celeron E1500 Dual-Core 2.2GHz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4800+
Video Card Required: Nvidia GeForce 8800 GS / ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT 512MB
Minimum RAM (Memory): 2 GB
Hard Drive Space Required: 3 GB
DirectX Version Needed: 9

Edited by Jadz, November 25 2012 - 12:01 AM.

#39 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 25 2012 - 08:10 AM

View PostJadz, on November 24 2012 - 11:58 PM, said:

View PostJuiceBox, on November 24 2012 - 09:07 PM, said:

Only using 78% ram at the time it crashed.
Anyway still don't explain why it has to crash like that when other games with better graphics play through fine

HAWKEN STSTEM REQUIREMENTS
CPU/Processor: Intel Celeron E1500 Dual-Core 2.2GHz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4800+
Video Card Required: Nvidia GeForce 8800 GS / ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT 512MB
Minimum RAM (Memory): 2 GB
Hard Drive Space Required: 3 GB
DirectX Version Needed: 9

Did you read my comment on how different games have different requirements_ And those spcs that are listed aren't set in stone yet either.

Sorry but a system with 2gb of ram is going to be very difficult to game on with some of the new games that have high memory usage.. as I have stated this game can use anywhere between 1.3-1.4gb of ram.. you think with only 2gb of ram that your system will be safe_

#40 Aelieth

Aelieth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationShawnee, Oklahoma or Nagoya, Japan

Posted November 25 2012 - 08:39 AM

Yep, this is a problem that the 32-bit OS is having trying to access more memory. Or that's what it sounds like to me, the game may be doing some odd buffering from RAM to video RAM or some kind of memory mismanagement. Or ... it may be lying and you are actually running out of physical RAM.

Latest version of AutoCAD has this issue with 32-bit Windows. 32-bit windows only allows 4GB's of RAM to be allocated to one process at a time, which kind of smashes trying to run it with higher end computers.

That said... why are you people with Core i7's with high end graphics cards using a 32-bit OS_ You're not making full use of your hardware.
Posted Image
Seriously suicidal scrapheap operator

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users