HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Ran out memory video! Exiting...

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#61 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 11:46 AM

View PostJadz, on November 26 2012 - 11:05 AM, said:

View PostJuiceBox, on November 26 2012 - 07:47 AM, said:

Oh jadz how clueless you are.

This is a beta product which isn't anywhere near finished meaning system specs can change every release they do. Until the game is finalized nobody has a clue what the requirements will be and as stated your system falls into a "was good 5 years ago category"
Oh really it does. Wow first time I seen system requirements change in a beta over hundreds of alphas and betas. Show me one that changed it's specs during betas. You said it yourself it isn;t anywhere near being finished so why release open beta in less than 20 days_

Good example ... Firefall.

Its requirements were changed due to the demand of the game.

#62 HellRik

HellRik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted November 26 2012 - 11:51 AM

View PostJuiceBox, on November 26 2012 - 11:46 AM, said:

This is a beta product which isn't anywhere near finished meaning system specs can change every release they do. Until the game is finalized nobody has a clue what the requirements will be and as stated your system falls into a "was good 5 years ago category"
Oh really it does. Wow first time I seen system requirements change in a beta over hundreds of alphas and betas. Show me one that changed it's specs during betas. You said it yourself it isn;t anywhere near being finished so why release open beta in less than 20 days_

Agreed.

Still, Firefall cant be compared to Hawken in terms of system load because of its openworld. But still runs better on my second PC having a 9800GT then Hawken. But its true that their minimum requirements did change during beta phases.

Running Hawken on my main PC (W8 x64 w/GTX650ti) all settings to low barely above 40FPS. I really hope they do fix this soon.

Edited by HellRik, November 26 2012 - 11:52 AM.

Posted Image

#63 virella

virella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 03:08 PM

those specs posted are outdated the minimums now posted list 3gb of ram
http://community.pla...0-requirements/
Min Spec
CPU: 2Ghz Dual Core
Memory: 3GB RAM
Graphics Card: 512MB Graphics card supporting DirectX 9.0c and Shader Model 3.0 ( nVidia 9800 GTX/ AMD HD 5670 )
Operating System: Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7 32bit or 64bit
Hard Drive: 5 GB of space
Internet Connection: Broadband connection
Posted Image

#64 Jadz

Jadz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 07:58 PM

View PostJuiceBox, on November 26 2012 - 11:46 AM, said:

I hate to have to tell you this but firefall never changed it's system requirements. I have been playing it for maybe a year now on my test pc and it runs just fine. That game I cannot max out without lag because the open world but I can set it to default and play nice and smooth.

#65 Jadz

Jadz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 07:58 PM

View Postvirella, on November 26 2012 - 03:08 PM, said:

Min Spec
Graphics Card: 512MB Graphics card supporting DirectX 9.0c and Shader Model 3.0 ( nVidia 9800 GTX/ AMD HD 5670 )
Those specs say 3gb too not 2gb.
http://www.game-deba...699&game=Hawken
Says 3gb not 2gb but I get a video error not a ram error and from what I read that won;t change if I add 4gb ram.

Edited by Jadz, November 26 2012 - 08:15 PM.

#66 Jadz

Jadz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 08:11 PM

Oh heck lookie there gts450 reccommended card for firefall. http://www.firefallt...irements.59351/
There is a reason I got a gts450 for the test rig my friend and it's not because it's a min requirement it's because it sits right on the reccommended requirement for the bulk of games. recently the x60 series is becoming more reccommened but that still don't put a gts450 at minimum. You test a game on a gts450 and a phenom ii with 2gb ram you test on a pc that is closely related to what most casual gamers may have. I will put 4gb of ram in and see if that makes a difference plus most casual gamers are starting to use that. Point is if you want to make your game popular it needs to be optimized for that level of pc so most passerbys can play it as well even if they have to go low settings. I do believe that was there intent and considering from what I hear this is supposed to be ported to console so it sure as hell should run on an entry level gaming rig.

#67 Jadz

Jadz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 08:18 PM

View PostJadz, on November 26 2012 - 07:58 PM, said:

View Postvirella, on November 26 2012 - 03:08 PM, said:

Min Spec
Those specs say 3gb too not 2gb.
http://www.game-deba...699&game=Hawken
Says 3gb not 2gb but I get a video error not a ram error and from what I read that won;t change if I add 4gb ram.
When I first get in a game it runs smooth on high settings the problem is it just freezes up after a couple mins then error. So it plays smooth so system can handle it but something causes it to crash and out of memory video card error occurs. If it can play smooth at high why does it have to fall apart like that

#68 Jadz

Jadz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 12:23 AM

View PostJuiceBox, on November 24 2012 - 09:07 PM, said:

View PostJadz, on November 24 2012 - 07:39 PM, said:

Wow I send the info you were complaining about no one sending then now the place has become a ghost town for the last 2 days.

Your running 2gb of ram which is going to be causing you a lot of grief. Minimum these days is 4gb. By upgrading to 4gb I would say most of your issues would go away.
Minimum is usually 2 reccommended is usually 4 you always put the reccommended in the place of the minimum.

#69 platypus700

platypus700

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 12:37 AM

happens to me when quiting :(

#70 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 06:58 AM

@jadz,

This will be my last post since you don't seem to listen.

Perhaps there was a time where 2gb was a minimal amount of ram needed but these you need a minimum of 3 or 4 for any good gaming performance.

#71 HellRik

HellRik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted November 27 2012 - 07:34 AM

View PostJuiceBox, on November 27 2012 - 06:58 AM, said:

@jadz,

Perhaps there was a time where 2gb was a minimal amount of ram needed but these you need a minimum of 3 or 4 for any good gaming performance.

Anyway, he's not listening or he doesn't care. His ''test rig'' is all that ! ;)

Everyone knows 2GB is the minimum requirements for WinXP. 4GB for Vista/w7&W8.

Posted Image

#72 Jadz

Jadz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 10:02 AM

View PostHellRik, on November 27 2012 - 07:34 AM, said:

@jadz,

Anyway, he's not listening or he doesn't care. His ''test rig'' is all that ! ;)

Everyone knows 2GB is the minimum requirements for WinXP. 4GB for Vista/w7&W8.
4gb is for a 64 bit machine you seem to have forgotten that I am testing on a 32 bit machine. So your comment makes you look even more like a fool. In fact everytime you speak with both of your accounts you make yourself look more and more sadistic. Here is some for you to look at all new games enjoy. You must have a slow computer or a broken one that it requires soooo much to run a game decently maybe you should pay a real tech to optimise it for you or clear off all the fuzzy bunny fuzzy bunny viruses. Anyway enjoy the spec for 32 bit system requirements. Oh 64 bit systems don;t even list under any of there minimum requirements so how can you say that a 64 bit system with 4gb ram is minimum when that's what under all the reccommended settings. Well I don;t think you can read so I doubt you will understand what the specs say anyway so go ask your mommy to help you read it but the problem is she can;t read it because it's too tech like and that sure don't run in your family.
You always talk about a pc like it tells what size your fuzzy bunny is. Did I say my test PC was all that_ If I did show me where please or shut up and stop putting words in my posts.
By the way your fuzzy bunny is still small even though your pc is big I know because your mom told me so.

http://www.game-deba...sassins Creed 3
http://www.game-deba...nor: Warfighter
http://www.game-deba...ty: Black Ops 2
http://www.game-deba...: Most Wanted 2
http://www.game-deba...me=Darksiders 2
http://www.game-deba...8&game=Hitman 5
http://www.game-deba...Elder Scrolls V
http://www.game-deba...odern warfare 3

Edited by Jadz, November 27 2012 - 10:32 AM.

#73 Jadz

Jadz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 10:06 AM

@jadz,

You know what I think_ I think
HellRik was jerking you off while you typed this then you changed places.
Anyway I have black ops 2 to go and play on my test computer at high settings. Oh how the gameplay is nice and smooth too. Maybe like hellrik you need a tech to fix your computer for you so you too can enjoy smooth gameplay. Hoenstly this is exactly why they should make it illegal for 12 year old homos to play online games.By the way please make sure it is your last post your not helpful your an fuzzy bunny.

Edited by Jadz, November 27 2012 - 10:31 AM.

#74 Darkbolt

Darkbolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 11:18 AM

View PostOmega22, on November 25 2012 - 10:11 AM, said:

Have u guyz tried updating ur video graphic card drivers and uninstall Hawken and reinstall then give it a try.

no its long but worth the shot

I have had no problem on my amd system at high settings

cheers guyz

Dude most vid cards update automatically and if the game is gulping all the memory away HOW is it that re installing would change that fact. These two things have been suggested 99999999 times!! The problem is ***NOT US IT IS THE GAME CLIENT LOCKING UP A TON OF RAM AND NO GIVING IT BACK*** And yes my page file is on yes i have 8 gig ram yes i have SLI gtx vid cards ect ect. Folks updating your drivers and re installing is a waste of time period 99% of us that have this issue are 32 bit system NOTE** majority of cpu in this world run 32 bit systems FACT.  WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN: Meteor needs to optimize the client to use no more ram then a 32 bit system can give. Second they need to make a 32 bit client and a 64 bit client ALL major software developers do this for a good reason!!COLD HARD FACT: We/us 32 bit users are pooched till they let this sink in and do something about it. till then we cant play CB3 and most likely not open beta on 12/12/12 sad but true. And they will have neglected 2/3's of their community, everyone says match maker is the cause of empty game THIS IS NOT TRUE. I and many other i know via teamspeak 3 and or forums have told me they either are un able to play at all or simply are disgusted at the HUGE nerfs and have not played since the 22nd myself included.

#75 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 11:21 AM

Very few developers ever create a 32 and 64 bit executable simply because of the difficulty and time.

This is why 32bit programs use LAA for.

As you said it simply needs more optimization which will come in time.

#76 Jadz

Jadz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 11:30 AM

View PostDarkbolt, on November 27 2012 - 11:18 AM, said:

View PostOmega22, on November 25 2012 - 10:11 AM, said:

Have u guyz tried updating ur video graphic card drivers and uninstall Hawken and reinstall then give it a try.

no its long but worth the shot

I have had no problem on my amd system at high settings

cheers guyz

Dude most vid cards update automatically and if the game is gulping all the memory away HOW is it that re installing would change that fact. These two things have been suggested 99999999 times!! The problem is ***NOT US IT IS THE GAME CLIENT LOCKING UP A TON OF RAM AND NO GIVING IT BACK*** And yes my page file is on yes i have 8 gig ram yes i have SLI gtx vid cards ect ect. Folks updating your drivers and re installing is a waste of time period 99% of us that have this issue are 32 bit system NOTE** majority of cpu in this world run 32 bit systems FACT.  WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN: Meteor needs to optimize the client to use no more ram then a 32 bit system can give. Second they need to make a 32 bit client and a 64 bit client ALL major software developers do this for a good reason!!COLD HARD FACT: We/us 32 bit users are pooched till they let this sink in and do something about it. till then we cant play CB3 and most likely not open beta on 12/12/12 sad but true. And they will have neglected 2/3's of their community, everyone says match maker is the cause of empty game THIS IS NOT TRUE. I and many other i know via teamspeak 3 and or forums have told me they either are un able to play at all or simply are disgusted at the HUGE nerfs and have not played since the 22nd myself included.
Well I am glad you put that in here now we just need a load more of people flooding the fuzzy bunny out of this forum so it's the most posted on forum so they fix this fuzzy bunny.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users