HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Tired of people rage quitting. Punish them or reward people for staying_

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

Poll: Punishment or Rewards, what is better_ (142 member(s) have cast votes)

How should be deal with the cases of people quitting_

1. Punish people for quitting. (14 votes [9.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.86%

2. Reward people for staying. (58 votes [40.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.85%

3. A little bit of both. (36 votes [25.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.35%

4. Do nothing. It will solve itself with more players. (26 votes [18.31%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.31%

5. Other / None of the above. (please explain below) (8 votes [5.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.63%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#141 iamhoshi

iamhoshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted November 26 2012 - 06:56 AM

well, if you have poor internet connection you don't play multiplayer fps games, do you_ I play BF3 a lot and there is something called "Quits" and you can see percentage of it. in this game rage-quits are more frequent because it's fps shooter based on your skill. no skill, no frags, no frags, poor K/D ratio.

#142 Flirx

Flirx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 07:01 AM

I do think there should be a punishment for quitting or a reward for staying. Every time we start doing good people just up and quit. Hell, when I'm getting my ass handed to me I still stay and try out different tactics. It's even harder when you don't have a team or people there to back you up. There should be something there the reword people that play as a team. I hate to say it, but something along the lines of a guild_ Just saying.
ЖFLIRXЖ

#143 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationColumbia Internet

Posted November 26 2012 - 09:15 AM

View PostSylhiri, on November 24 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

I actually found a small solution in my own way. Whenever I play a match and if someone ragequits on my team or the enemy team I will try to remember their name. If I come across them I will do everything in my ability to hunt them down. I will go through an entire enemy team if necessary to make sure their mech ends up in flames even at the cost of my own mech and I will make sure they know why. A good stress killer.

If someone wants to keep ragequitting and ruining matches then I'll give them a damn good reason >.>

I think folks like you should be banned on principle.
First you probably steamroll the enemy, and then have the gall to go and grief them in any subsequent game just because they didn't feel like sticking around to get abused some more....
Seriously, that's just BS.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
BEGIN Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_
END Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK

#144 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 09:25 AM

View PostDread_Lord_Pitr, on November 26 2012 - 09:15 AM, said:

I think folks like you should be banned on principle.
First you probably steamroll the enemy, and then have the gall to go and grief them in any subsequent game just because they didn't feel like sticking around to get abused some more....
Seriously, that's just BS.

I don't stalk them, if I run into them by chance then so be it. People who die after one kill doesn't help anyone and I feel horrible for the person on the other team that gets stuck with a disadvantage and no one can go over their team to make it even including myself (such at a 3v2). Hawken is the most team driven game I've seen so even the loss of one person is very harsh for you the rest of the game, if people can't take one death then this game isn't for you. They arn't the only ones I go streight after, if I played the same person thoughout a few games and I know they are good then I want to face them, it's chalanging and fun.

I don't like when people fuzzy bunny over their own team (mine or theirs) just because they died once or twice.

Edit: My first fuzzy bunny on the forums :o

Edited by Sylhiri, November 26 2012 - 09:26 AM.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#145 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 09:42 AM

So, because you feel any player should be able to do at least 2-1, any newbie who fails is fair game for griefing _
You must seriously not understand the long term implications of that kind of behaviour...

Riddle me this; what happens if everyone starts doing what you do, and new players then leave in droves because 'the Fanboys are ruining the game for newbies' _
I'll give you a hint : the Hawken business model runs on a steady stream of dedicated, paying players and a steady increase in that number through new players joining.
You keep doing what you do, and more people follow suit, and this game might just die a slow, horrible death.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_

#146 QuanZen

QuanZen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Location_...My GPS isn't working

Posted November 26 2012 - 09:54 AM

Right now matchmaking is so jacked up it's hard to get a fair match at times. There is rarely ever a balanced match due to being outnumbered, and outleveled. Then you also have people that constantly switch sides and before you know it it's 6vs2. So I think we should be patient and let them fix matchmaking before we throw people into the flames :lol:
Posted Image

#147 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 09:57 AM

View PostDread_Lord_Pitr, on November 26 2012 - 09:42 AM, said:

So, because you feel any player should be able to do at least 2-1, any newbie who fails is fair game for griefing _
You must seriously not understand the long term implications of that kind of behaviour...

When you have a match with 3v3 and one person dies and ragequits right at the beginning leaving a team at a disadvantage then I think they should have as many deaths as the two players that stuck around and fought obtained. I don't blame anyone for a 2-1 disadvantage except for that person that left them hanging from the beginning. At a 3v2 if someone leaves then just have someone from the other team even it up again. In a 3v3 Seige and a person leaves your at a EU disadvantage if you have 3v2, you basically made your team lose the instant you left.

I'm talking in more terms of an even team ragequitting making it uneven in low number situations, which happens to be all the time with matchmaking. In higher player teams it doesn't make as much a difference because you still have many players to back you up.

#148 LunaticCalm

LunaticCalm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 10:22 AM

A random idea: if a player gets autobalanced to the losing team or voluntarily evens out the teams, they get an hc/xp bonus. Perhaps they get all the winning team bonuses even though they were on the losing team_

The matchmaking system should also prioritize filling out unbalanced games before starting new games or adding a player to an even game.

Edited by LunaticCalm, November 26 2012 - 10:24 AM.

#149 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 10:25 AM

View PostLunaticCalm, on November 26 2012 - 10:22 AM, said:

A random idea: if a player gets autobalanced to the losing team or voluntarily evens out the teams, they get an hc/xp bonus. Perhaps they get all the winning team bonuses even though they were on the losing team_

That would be a solution for a team with double the amount of players then the enemy team. If you have 3v2 or a 5v4 you can't really move anyone without one team being at a disadvantage, you would need the matchmaking system to place someone in an unbalanced team instead of a different game.

#150 NeoSkywalker

NeoSkywalker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted November 26 2012 - 10:37 AM

There should be a lil' bit of both: Some extra rewards for those who finish a whole game (more XP and Credits), and those who leave mid-mach shall lose the XP and Creds they would've got from the given match. It works fine in other (FPS) games, i think it should work fine in Hawken.
Plus it could also be shown as a player statistic (played games, games quit, etc... )

#151 HellRik

HellRik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted November 26 2012 - 10:39 AM

In other PvP games they call it deserters. Get get a 15mins lockout.

Edited by HellRik, November 26 2012 - 10:56 AM.

Posted Image

#152 eat5

eat5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted November 26 2012 - 10:48 AM

probably try balancing skill levels, i quit playing this last beta cause i would join and die 5 times in a row. then i would log out and play some other game. still haven't even downloaded the closed beta 3, im in here reading comments to see if its better than CB2..
sig removed, not playing this game.....

#153 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 10:51 AM

View PostHellRik, on November 26 2012 - 10:39 AM, said:

In other PvP games they call it deserters. Get get a 15mins loockout.

Not this again...
Seriously, sometimes real life gets in the way of playing, locking players out because they had something come up that was more important than a match in Hawken makes 0 sense whatsoever.
If you use this people who get disconnected or who have to quit do to RL obligations will feel treated unfairly and leave.
Besides that, this is NOT PVP.
So why would they use something that only works for PVP here _

Edited by Dread_Lord_Pitr, November 26 2012 - 10:52 AM.

#154 HellRik

HellRik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted November 26 2012 - 10:51 AM

View Posteat5, on November 26 2012 - 10:48 AM, said:

probably try balancing skill levels, i quit playing this last beta cause i would join and die 5 times in a row. then i would log out and play some other game. still haven't even downloaded the closed beta 3, im in here reading comments to see if its better than CB2..

Problem with skill balance is there are LV20 noobs that still cant play teamwise and also LV0 trolling/fuzzy bunny everyone.

View PostDread_Lord_Pitr, on November 26 2012 - 10:51 AM, said:

View PostHellRik, on November 26 2012 - 10:39 AM, said:

In other PvP games they call it deserters. Get get a 15mins loockout.

Not this again...
Seriously, sometimes real life gets in the way of playing, locking players out because they had something come up that was more important than a match in Hawken makes 0 sense whatsoever.
If you use this people who get disconnected or who have to quit do to RL obligations will feel treated unfairly and leave.
15mins is no big deal..gives you enough time to do RL things, BIOs and such.
I never saw such a poor community blaming the game for not beeing this and that, but no ones wants to pay the price of such changes even if its for the greater good.

I am disapointed by this community so far. Maybe I am too old for this fuzzy bunny. poeple need to grow up. And now I am not pointing this critism towards you personnaly. ;)

Giving points or reward for thoses NOT quitting is the worse thing I've ever heard. Lets ask for one of their employees to manage manually all games so everyone gets satisfaction. NOT!

Edited by HellRik, November 26 2012 - 10:57 AM.

Posted Image

#155 GatNic3

GatNic3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted November 26 2012 - 10:54 AM

honestly, if it's not a Tourney or the like who cares; it's a video game and people have lives outside it(I hope! :))  Srsly tho, pubs are just that people  come and go.  In the case of say missile or seige where numbers count more than DM scenarios, just autobalance the teams.  Sry but peeps are getting way too into punishments in games-- this is our recreation.... O_o
-The Oracle: AMD FX-8350 @4.4Ghz 1.404v
  12GB DDr3 1600 8-8-8-25-34 1T/890FX SB/2x RADEON HD5770
  Win 7x64 SP1/WD Raptor 150GB SATA HDD/1.5TB 7200rpm SATA HDD  
  Logitech Gaming Class M/KB

#156 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 12:05 PM

I agree with all the people saying 1st we need to fix this and that.

But you have to admit sometimes your in an even game 3v3 even levels whatever it is. I get them sometimes.

You get a few kills without dying and then someone leaves and then it 2v3/3v2

It's terrible on siege mode, no matter what someone quits when one enemy base health is gone.
(THATS WHY IT SHOULD BE 3 HEALTH DAMMIT)

#157 HellRik

HellRik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted November 26 2012 - 12:10 PM

I'll say it againt ...just in case its gone under the radar.

The 1st thing they should fix is the requirement for a game to start.
as of now , 4 peeps are needed but only 3 needs to click ready to start the game.
Making the 4th one either afk in lobby while he does his RL things, either he leaves, or join the game 3 mins later while 5th member joined the other team making this 3vs1 (actively fighthing) for more then 2 mins. GL trying to get thoses points back.

Edited by HellRik, November 26 2012 - 12:11 PM.

Posted Image

#158 BernardWiseman

BernardWiseman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 01:08 PM

View PostMachineabuse, on November 23 2012 - 12:11 AM, said:

I'm inclined to say that it isn't wise to give people who don't want to be there a reason to stay.

bad vibes are contagious; I would rather a rage quitter left sooner than later.

This is true. If you bribe a player to stick around you're just asking for trouble when he sits around not having fun for ten minutes for the sake of a tiny point reward. If you focus your efforts on making the game itself fun, you're going to keep a lot more players.

Also fix matchmaking, we're getting too many 2v2s and those are just lonely-feeling.

#159 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 26 2012 - 01:12 PM

View PostSylhiri, on November 26 2012 - 09:57 AM, said:

When you have a match with 3v3 and one person dies and ragequits right at the beginning leaving a team at a disadvantage then I think they should have as many deaths as the two players that stuck around and fought obtained.
This, right here.

You do not have the authority to decide to control someone else's play experience like that. Sorry, that's asking for it.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#160 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 01:17 PM

View PostElix, on November 26 2012 - 01:12 PM, said:

View PostSylhiri, on November 26 2012 - 09:57 AM, said:

When you have a match with 3v3 and one person dies and ragequits right at the beginning leaving a team at a disadvantage then I think they should have as many deaths as the two players that stuck around and fought obtained.
This, right here.

You do not have the authority to decide to control someone else's play experience like that. Sorry, that's asking for it.

Not sure if i'm reading your comment right, but here goes (with apologies if i misunderstood your point, it's kinda fuzzy to me ATM) :
If one acts as Sylhiri does, aren't they then also deciding to control someone else's playing experience _

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users