43 replies to this topic

Sp3ctrr

Sp3ctrr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Good day!

I have been wanting to do a CYOA for a while, so I finally got round to it.

What is a CYOA you may ask? Well, CYOA stands for Choose Your Own Adventure. 

This is how it works;

The writer (myself) will create a segment of a story, typically with a choice to make at the end of each segment, after this, a number of people can decide the choice taken in the scenario. The choice which has been selected most times will be used to continue the story. (this story will be first person, feel free to self insert if you want)

Fun and simple. 

So, lets get started. I'll let people choose our character's gender, age, race etc.

After this is done, I'll get started.

What are you waiting for? Get thinking!

Edited by Sp3ctrr, 25 April 2015 - 11:41 AM.

• Xer06siX likes this

Welcome_To_The_Enclave.png

Spoiler

HubbaBubba9849

HubbaBubba9849

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Ok. Our character is a 38-year old female Argonian with severe personality disorder. The setting is an oasis on the outskirts of a desert village.

• Xer06siX likes this

SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Ok. Our character is a 38-year old female Argonian with severe personality disorder. The setting is an oasis on the outskirts of a desert village.

-10 years of age plz, but same everything else.

cUB1aCW.jpg?2

Sp3ctrr

Sp3ctrr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Personality disorder? Make it easy for me why don't you  :tongue:

I Don't think I could do that, but I can do the rest just fine.

Realistically I'm going to be writing tomorrow, not today, so continue the great idea makings.

• Xer06siX likes this

Spoiler

HubbaBubba9849

HubbaBubba9849

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

nah, personality disorder works great. it'll explain all the wacky, impulsive choices that are bound to happen.

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts
19 year old female human

The filthiest casual known to mankind
  • Miscellaneous likes this

Spoiler

Sp3ctrr

Sp3ctrr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

When I do eventually get round to writing this, picking a character will be hard :/

I will pick a character in the next six posts, ones above me will be included.

I am an edgy faggit sometimes, so if a bad choice is made, gore will happen.

If our character dies, I'll just revert to an additional choice.

Spoiler

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Umm ... I don't really understand... But I'll try...

THE GIRL HAS A STRONG PET GIANT OCTOPUS!!!! XD Lol

She likes one direction *eww...*

She likes to eat pop tarts for dinner and sleeps at high elevations if possible (like on top of a closet or something) due to her dissorders...

She hates hamsters and bacon *how could she!*

She has a crush on Brad Pits (looks at one of my teachers... Looool)

She eats corn... ALOT of corn ..

She hates hawken and loves mech warior.... XD HOW DARE YOU!!! XD

hehee

Idk this?

Feel free to edit my propositions XD

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

Sp3ctrr

Sp3ctrr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Uh, this is in the HAWKEN universe, not entirely sure if one direction exist there.

I'll pick one of these and get writing...right after a game or ten of HAWKEN.

Spoiler

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Lol XD teehee

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

Sp3ctrr

Sp3ctrr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Ok, I'm going with Hubba's idea, I like the desert oasis idea, this could work well with the story. I am changing a few things however...

If you think anything is complete sh*t, tell me.

Here goes!

---

Your name is Laria.

Laria Thraex.

At this very moment, you are looking across the shimmering lake before you, on the far side, the late afternoon sun is dipping low behind the dunes, casting it's long orange reflection onto the lake. A faint breeze stirs the leaves of the palm tree you recline under. You can feel the heat of the sun gradually weakening, It won't be long before the heat of the day leaves the land entirely, leaving an empty void to be filled with cold, bitter air. 

You should probably get going, father warned you about staying out too late, the village gates close soon to keep the raiders out. Not to mention you'd miss your dinner. With a sigh, you pick yourself up, brush off the few grains of sand that cling to you and set off to your home.

---

Make a choice!

A: Take the long route around the lake.

B: Take the short route.

---

So, hope you enjoyed that section, the choices won't be mundane for long, this is just so people get the idea.

Spoiler

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts
Short route, because taking shortcuts always ends up well...

Spoiler

Sp3ctrr

Sp3ctrr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

First post wins, I'll write the next bit when I've finished eating.

• Rainbow_Sheep likes this

Spoiler

Sp3ctrr

Sp3ctrr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Choice B was selected.

---

A chill runs down your spine. You shiver, hold your arms close to yourself and walk along the lake shore towards the village.

The night is unusually still, you can normally hear the long dune grass rustling, or maybe the lake frogs calling each other. But no, nothing is stirring tonight. 

This unsettles you a little, you quicken your pace, eager to get back to the safety of the village. No doubt father will be angry that you stayed out so late.

As you crest a dune, the familiar, homely glow of the village fills you with relief. The gates are still open. Dropping to the ground, you slide down the dune at great speed, mother never liked you doing that, she said that you'd hurt yourself, but mothers worry too much. The village gate draws nearer and you spy your friend Dirreck sitting on a stool, warming his hands over a fire. He catches sight of you. "Laria!" he exclaims. "What are you doing out so late? You know the gates close ten minutes after sundown!". You laugh, 'Even if I did get locked out, you'd still let me back in. We both know that', you and Dirreck had been friends all your life, you were like brother and sister, at least that's what everyone else would say. "That's not the point Laria, I don't want you getting hurt, besides, your father would hold me responsible, and I am the easiest person to blame, what with being the gate watchman". You dismiss his worries with a wave of your hand. He was always the more cautious one. You waste no time in getting back to your house, mother is waiting in the doorway, arms folded.

"And where have you been, young lady?"

------

Make a choice!

A: "I was out by the lake, that's all"

B: "Uhh...nowhere"

C: "Helping Dirreck with something"

ayy more mundane choices. I swear stuff will get more interesting, I promise.

It's all mapped out in my brain.

Mechs coming soon <3

Edited by Sp3ctrr, 26 April 2015 - 11:59 AM.

Spoiler

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts
A

Looking forward to seeing where this is going :)

Also could we have a lil clarity on whose ocs are whose?

Spoiler

Sp3ctrr

Sp3ctrr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Also could we have a lil clarity on whose ocs are whose?

Eh.

Not entirely sure what you mean. If you mean what I think you do, I used Hubba's suggestion and took some elements from it.

More interesting parts when I get time to write later.

Edited by Sp0oktre, 26 April 2015 - 11:46 PM.

Spoiler

Sp3ctrr

Sp3ctrr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

A quickie (hue)

Choice A was chosen.

---

Your mother continues to glare at you. "Well?" 

"I was just down by the lake, that's all". You look down at your feet, you know mother and father don't like you going out alone, but the view is just too beautiful to miss. Your mother sighs, "You know your father won't be happy at all. We have told you many times, don't stray far from the village alone". You are about to protest when your father appears in the doorway. "I'm not impressed, Laria" His voice was deep and rumbling, you used to joke to your brother about how your father's shouts could drown the bellowing of a volcano. The orange glow from inside your house silhouetted his face, all you could make out was his large beard and a pair of dark eyes staring back at you. "I'm sorry father, It won't happen again", Oh how many times you had said those words, and oh how many times you had gotten into trouble again. He grunts. "Hmph, It certainly won't, Come inside, everyone finished eating hours before you decided to stroll home, you can eat tomorrow". You groan. Attempting to protest, you grab his sleeve "but fa-", he cuts you off. "Listen Laria, you don't realize how serious this is, the raiders are actively searching for people who leave the village walls now, we even fear they may attack us." He shakes your hand off his sleeve. "Do us all a favour and try not to get captured". 

He disappears into the doorway, your mother follows, but she stops. "We only want to keep you safe" She brushes a strand of hair away from your cheek. "He just wants to keep everyone safe..." With that, she disappears too, leaving you to your thoughts. You sigh and trudge up to your bedroom, stomach empty.

You fall onto your bed, it's made of a smooth, soft palm wood, your mattress is reasonably comfortable, crafted with dried reeds. As your eyes drift around the room, they settle on the little naphtha lamp sat on your window ledge that father had bought for you when he went on trading missions into the great cities. You were only young then and had begged father to take you to the cities. He always said no, said it was too dangerous for a little girl, but that never stopped you from dreaming about them.

You imagined they had tall gleaming towers, made of pure crystal, statues of famous people lining every street. Even the roads would be made of polished marble. Great big waterfalls would cascade from man-made waterfalls. It would be so magnificent, and father said it would be dangerous!

But instead, you are stuck in this little desert town, perched on the edge of an oasis. Never free to come and go as you please, but always bound by the sands that surrounded your home, the perpetual sands. Sometimes you would sit by your window and wonder how far they really did go. Was there really anything out there other than this? You hoped there was. Because that was where you would go when the first chance arose.

And on that star lit night, you made yourself a promise. A promise to explore the world and never settle in one place for too long.

You sigh and pick yourself of the oh-so comfortable bed. As you make your way over to the table the lamp resides on, you look out the window. Something ominous catches your eye. 

A group of men, Ten to fifteen in number, were making their way down the street, sticking to the walls of any nearby building. You quickly extinguish the lamp and silently rush to your door. You must tell father! You are about to open it when shouts break out from the street below you. A gun shot follows, shortly after a piercing shriek is heard, you close your eyes and sink to the floor. 'This is not happening...' you say to yourself repeatedly. An array of screams, shouts and gun shots are heard as you sit there on the floor, questioning what to do. You hear shouting downstairs and...Is that smoke you smell? You get up and peek out of your window. Sure enough, several fires were spreading through the neighbouring streets. It won't be long before they reach you.

DUN DUN DUUUUN - Make a choice!

---

A: continue to sit on the floor and panic.

B: Rummage through your dresser for anything useful - proceed to make a hasty getaway. *

C: Attempt to find your father.

Hey, I did say it would get more interesting.

Mechs very soon, I promise.

*This will be followed by sub-choices

Edited by Sp0oktre, 27 April 2015 - 10:17 AM.

Spoiler

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts
B

Spoiler

HubbaBubba9849

HubbaBubba9849

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

B

Also, is this going to turn into a "Zone of the Enders" scenario where she just so happens to stumble into the massively important war machine the bandits are searching for?

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
BBBBBB! XD

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

Sp3ctrr

Sp3ctrr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Didn't have time to post anything yesterday, I'll catch up today.

is this going to turn into a "Zone of the Enders" scenario where she just so happens to stumble into the massively important war machine the bandits are searching for?

Yes tha- No  :tongue:

Good guess, but that's not where it's going. 

Spoiler

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Lol XD

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

Sp3ctrr

Sp3ctrr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Sub choices because I'm an idiot who forgot to present them earlier.

Hurr.

A: Escape through the streets

B: Escape across the roof tops

Spoiler

HubbaBubba9849

HubbaBubba9849

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

First thought was B, but them places be burning. Last thing you want is to be stuck on top of a burning building. I'll go with A.

Sp3ctrr

Sp3ctrr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

mfw I didn't think of that and was totally going to get her running across burning rooftops.

Spoiler

Sp3ctrr

Sp3ctrr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Choice B was chosen, followed by A.

Here we go again.

---

You realise that panicking won't help you survive by any length. Thinking on your feet, you decide to grab anything that could be of use. First you check your bedside table. Nothing there but a selection of random items. Turning to your dresser, you recall keeping a small hunting knife there, at least if the need arose, you could defend yourself. 

Rushing over to your window, you prepare to hall yourself up onto the roof, only for the smell of burning to remind you - Running along burning roof tops is more likely to get you killed than running through the streets. Walking over to the door, you press your ear to the door. From downstairs you can hear the shattering of pottery and voices. They weren't the voices of your parents, you were that sure. This left only one other option. 

Making sure the alley below your bedroom window was clear, you carefully lower yourself onto the vines that climb the side of the building. They wouldn't hold for long, you could hear the wooden frame that supported them groaning painfully. A fall from this height wouldn't hurt too much, but that wasn't what worried you, the noise would attract anyone in the near vicinity and that would surely mean death - or enslavement. Dropping the last few feet to the ground, back to the wall, you creep along the alleyway. You dart behind a pair of barrels as a troop of men run past the alley you hide in.Clutching the hunting knife, you exit your hiding place and survey the street in front of you. There are numerous small fires crackling away, a corpse sits to one side of the street next to a sack of spilled grain. Despair fills your heart as you see your whole life burn before you. Tears come to your eyes and you wish your parents were here to console you, tell your everything would be Okay. Protect you. 

Wiping the tears with your sleeve, you tell yourself you can make it and that father will be proud when you do. Apprehensively, you take a step out into the street. All clear. Deliberately averting your gaze away from the corpse, for fear of discovering who it was, you stick to your plan of escaping and hurry to escape this living nightmare - Knife in hand.

Many corpses later, you find yourself peaking out from behind several boxes, the gates clearly in sight. You look up, the sky is filled with thick grey smoke, not a star in sight. The light of the many uncontrolled fires gives a red tinge to the already unnatural sky, when people spoke of 'purgatory' and 'hell', you imagine this is what they mean. A sharp pain from your foot makes you wince. Taking a break, you sit back and take of your left sandal. To your horror, a large shard of porcelain had punctured the sole of your footwear and had burrowed itself into the bottom of your foot. The pain suddenly felt a whole lot worse. 

Looking away, you guess that it probably happened when you ran from your home. Why you didn't notice the immense pain earlier was a mystery to you. 

Again taking a look at the hideous wound, you debate whether to pull the shard out, or leave it. The red hot pain decided for you. You wouldn't have it digging any further into a limb you sorely needed. 

Finding a good grip was difficult with so much blood covering your hands. This wasn't made any easier by the pain. Finally getting a good grasp on the shard of pottery, you take a deep breath and pull with all your might. It was like somebody had poured lemon juice into the wound. The pain made you want to scream - what stopped you was probably the prospect of a life of slavery. The shard comes out cleanly, leaving a hole roughly the size of a walnut. 

The pain eases, but only marginally, tearing a strip of cloth from your shirt, you bandage the wound. It would need changing soon. 

Taking a moment to recover, You listen to the noises around you. The crackling of fires, the distant screams and gunshots...

Then a thud. 

And another.

The ground seemed to be shaking. 

A rhythmic whirring sound joined the chorus of destruction. 

Each thud seemed to be followed by the whirring sound. Shrinking further into your hideout, you peak through the gaps in the crates. You see nothing new, yet the whirring noise and the thuds seemed to be getting closer. 

and closer. 

The noise stops. Briefly.

Suddenly, abruptly, unexpectedly, a large metal foot crashes down roughly nine feet away from you. Another one joins it. Shuddering in fear, you look up.

This thing is incredibly high. Taller than some of the buildings that surround you. A strange looking body sits upon what look like legs, except these legs are just a framework of metal bars, adorning them appeared to be large metal plates. If it weren't for the overwhelming fear you felt, you'd be in absolute awe. 

More dreaded whirring sounds fill your ears. More metal feet join the first pair. More...things join the first one. As you contemplate leaving your hideout for a safer location, a foot kicks you and your boxes right off the ground, high into the air. 

Landing with a thud, your head impacts with the ground, dazing you and turning your vision into a fuzzy mess. Vision clearing, you see the metal beasts standing nearby. Then one moves. Towards you. 

You scream as a foot looms over your body. Closing your eyes, you prepare for the impending darkness. You hope you'd see mother and father, and your brother...

It never comes. A voice sounds nearby.

"Hey Copper! Don't you dare put that foot down, there's a girl down here!"

---

Make a choice:

A: Pick yourself up and draw your knife.

B: Crawl backwards to cover.

C: Curl up in the fetal position and cry.

I hope that made up for it and I hope you enjoyed!   :thumbsup:

Edited by Sp0oktre, 29 April 2015 - 12:46 PM.

Spoiler

HubbaBubba9849

HubbaBubba9849

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

I pick option D... for ded. cuz u ded.

Spoiler

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
C I agree with the guy above meh XD

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

Sp3ctrr

Sp3ctrr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

You guys are wimps.

*cracks knuckles*

let's roll.

---

Still too terrified to move, you lie there on the floor, not knowing whether these people wished you harm or were here to help. You feel a hand touch your shoulder. "Hey, are you Okay? Can you hear me? It's alright we're not gonna' hurt you". Opening one eye, you glance up at the figure crouched by your side. 

"I think she's concussed, somebody grab me a med-pack". You move your hands away from your face and look up. The person knelt beside you is looking away, waving his hand around in the opposite direction, giving orders by the looks of it. You go to sit up. He turns back to you, part of his face was covered by a black visor and his head was encased in a gray helmet, you could see him smiling at you though. "Just take it easy alright? You've taken a blow to the back of your head, but you're safe now". You hoped so, any more life threatening mechanical feet would just about finish the job. Somebody threw a red box to the man. He opens it and rummages around a bit, pulling out a small packet of what looked like tablets. "Here" He hands you one, "It'll ease the headache".

You groan. You ached so much. Running around had taken it's toll on you. 'W-What headache...', the man checks his wrist, then looks back at you. 

"The one you should be feeling right about...now." Sure enough, a sharp, splitting ache tears through your skull. Without questioning it, you take a pill and swallow it, nearly choking. The desert surrounding you was drier than your throat. Coughing, you tap the man's shoulder. "Hm? what's wrong? Want some water? Here." He hands you a small plastic bottle filled with murky water. You drink it anyway, the burning of your throat was too much to bare. 

"So, sorry for...uh...nearly crushing you earlier, you can blame Copper for that. Beat him up later Ok?" You just sit there, recovering.

He sits down next to you. "Where are my manners...My name is Crux, obviously not my real name, it's just my nickname everyone uses, so just call me Crux."
Packing away the med-pack, he continues. "You can meet the other guys later once we're out of here, but before we go, I'd like to know your name"

Wiping the dirt off your face, you turn to him. 'Seems a bit unfair that you give me your "nickname" but not your real name, don't you think? Since you asked, It's Laria.' 

Picking himself off the floor, he extends a hand. "Well, Laria, Since YOU asked, my name is Nitork. Wouldn't have been my first choice, but mom and dad decided otherwise." Taking his outstretched hand, you pull yourself up, only to stumble and fall over. "What's wrong?" He sounds concerned. 
Through gritted teeth, you tell him. 'Well, when I was running away, I stabbed the sole of my foot with a shard of pottery. Not intentionally' 
"I'll bet", he says while crouching down to examine your foot. Sucking air in through his teeth, he gives you the diagnosis. "That's a fairly large wound. I'll get you back on board and we'll fix you up there. Well done for bandaging it though. That's prevented dirt from getting into it."  

Placing your arm around Crux, he lifts you up and supports your shaky journey to the mechanical legs. He looks up and shouts. "Copper! Drop the steps!"
As if in reply, the metal beast shudders, a narrow set of stairs lowers down from it's body, a dull green light seeps out. Motioning towards the steps with his head, you reluctantly take the hand rails and begin the ascent. The metal is soothingly cool against your skin, a pleasant break from the blistering heat of the fires. As you reach the top of the stairs, a cramped room comes into view. The ceiling which was plastered with small switches, cables and valves, was incredibly low, You had to drop to roughly three quarters of your height to fit. To your left was a small bunk bed, sheets in a pile on the stained mattress, how you could tell it was stained was questionable due to the dim light. The air was stale and the odor of sweat was quite prominent, mixed in with this was an odd metallic smell, you couldn't quite place it, but it was very strong. 

At the front of this room was a large segmented window, in front of this was a pair of seats with high curving back rests. Seated at one of these was what looked like a person. Indeed it was, this person turned round to face you. "So you're the one Crux went down to save huh? I'm not as sharp as I used to be, so I'm sorry about the near pancake experience. Anyway, I'm Copper, you probably heard Crux yelling at me. Copper this, Copper that..." He continues ranting in his strange voice. It sounded all gratey, crackly and generally strange. You hear the sound of footsteps on metal. Crux's head pops up from the stairwell. "I see you've met my Co-pilot, Copper." You nod. 'Why is his voice like that?' you ask. The room fell silent. Crux replies. "Well...it's better if he tells you himself..." 

Copper swivels his seat round and rests his elbows on his legs. He flicks a switch and an orange glow illuminates the room. Now that you see him, you don't see a single patch of exposed skin on him. His helmet covered his whole face and a box like thing protruded from where his mouth would be. 

He sighs. "Combat is not a glorious thing, little lady, neither is getting grievously injured. Especially when your face is concerned."

---

Choice time.

A: I'm sorry I bought it up...

B: What happened?

C: Can I see it?*

D: So...you fight in this thing?

I do realise my story writing is amateur at best and I recognise that there is a lot I can improve on. This is partly why I do this I suppose. To improve.

Again, hope you enjoyed this installment!

*This could be taken grossly out of context, please read the story if you haven't :P

Edited by Sp0oktre, 30 April 2015 - 01:27 PM.

Spoiler

HubbaBubba9849

HubbaBubba9849

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Why not B, and then C? I expect some awkward silence in the near future.

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
D!!!! MECH TIME!!!!

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

Sp3ctrr

Sp3ctrr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

So I'm facing a tough choice.

Do I continue making these long segments of story, with choices at the end of each one that really feel as though they have minimal impact. This obviously takes a lot of time too.

or...

Do I make smaller segments with choices that can really direct the story in different ways. In this way, I can churn out more delicious story sections much faster than the latter. 

You guys can decide. 

Spoiler

HubbaBubba9849

HubbaBubba9849

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

I say do whatever you want. I'm more interested in where YOU want to take the story.

But shorter, quicker segments might be a good idea.

Hey, maybe Telltale will make a Hawken-based game, hmm?

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Yeah I agree with hubba XD

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

Sp3ctrr

Sp3ctrr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Shorter segments it is.

B was chosen.

---

The room falls into silence.

'what happened?' you ask hesitantly. Copper reclines back in the chair and folds his arms. He takes a moment. "Well, As I remember it..." He pauses again, his memory doesn't appear to be too good. "Was a routine patrol...all had gone as planned, we had no reason to worry...squadron was RTB-" You interrupt. 

'What's RTB?' you inquire. He waves a hand dismissively. "It means Returning to base, now, if you have no further questions...", you shake your head. 

Copper swivels his chair away from you and Crux. "We got taken by surprise, outnumbered, we fought best we could. A lot of good people died that day..."

Another pause.

"There were five of us in total, ten of them. Destroyed 6 in total which was pretty damn good, all things considered...My vehicle got shot up pretty bad, I had to bail but didn't get out of the blast radius. A face full of shrapnel and third degree burns, not to mention a missing forearm" He swivels round again and rolls up his left sleeve which reveals a mass of cables and metal support beams. You gaze in horror, this man's own body had been replaced with technology. Feeling slightly stick, you sit on the mattress next to Crux. He offers you a pained shrug. Copper continues. "Anyway, I was lucky enough to crawl out of the hot zone. 

All I could feel was this dullness in my face as my vision blurred and turned red. Eventually it completely blacked out, I could still see a little in my right eye though...So I was lying there on the ground, bleeding out when one of my squad came across me. How? I don't even know. I was just this tiny speck of blood and meat in a vast sea of sand..." Silence once again permeates the room. You are about to say something when Copper starts talking again. "So they got me back to base, patched me up, gave me a new arm, pulled those shards of metal from the mess that was my face and removed my lower jaw." 

You wretch. 'W-Why did they do that?' you ask in a hushed tone. "Well...this is what they told me...Apparently my jaw had dislocated, if it had be a dislocation on it's own they could have fixed it..." 

'But...?' You finish for him.

"But, it wasn't as simple as that. The bone was fractured in numerous places...all but one tooth had been ripped clean out..." He chuckles. "One tooth, the hell was the use of one tooth." Sighing, Copper re-adjusts his position in the chair. "The medical facilities at base weren't the best, they couldn't do the surgery that was needed. So they just ripped it off and gave me a machine to talk with. Who needs biological body parts anyway." Copper points at the small box on the front of his helmet. "This thing here lets me speak. It doesn't do the job perfectly, as you can hear...But at least I can annoy Crux with my radio voice." Crux gives a little chuckle. 

You don't know what kind of morbid curiosity just came over you...But you want to see his face. 

Without thinking, you ask Copper a question.

'Can I see your face?'

---

Make a choice!

A: "Actually, I didn't mean it, I'm sorry...

B: Sit there patiently

I suppose that counts as "short"

Hope you enjoyed, more to come tomorrow.

Spoiler

HubbaBubba9849

HubbaBubba9849

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

B... but I'd imagine it's not exactly removable. Also, I wonder what's been going on outside this whole time...

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
B!!!!!!

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

Sp3ctrr

Sp3ctrr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

B... but I'd imagine it's not exactly removable. Also, I wonder what's been going on outside this whole time...

Of course it's removable! He's just going to look f*ck-ugly!

A truly short section this time, should have allowed myself more time...but Police Academy 3 was on. MAHONEY!

---

Sitting on the mattress expectantly, you glance over at Crux. He gives you a 'How insensitive are you' look. Copper just sits in his chair, as if waiting for something to happen. He gives a wheeze, "Alright, Crux, give me that mirror over there. It's been too long since I've seen my own face..." 

Crux passes you a small, dirty mirror. Passing it to Copper, you contemplate how filthy everything in this machine is. You chalk it up to the general uncleanliness of men. Propping the small mirror up on a shelf crammed with mechanical apparatus, Copper begins fumbling with some valves that circle his helmet. Now that you study it more closely, it appears to be lined with a whole manner of tubes, valves and metal bands. You also notice that Copper's hands are trembling, this really was a big deal for him, maybe asking was a bad idea. 

With a final twist of a valve, a whoosh of chemically smelling air fills the room. Copper grasps his helmet with both hands and gives it a violent twist to the left. A clicking noise follows along with a gasp from within the helmet. You start to worry. 'Does he need help?' You whisper to Crux. He gives a shake of his head. 

"No, you see inside the helmet there is a higher oxygen ra-". You stare at him blankly. "...let me put it this way. The air in his suit is different to the air out here, It just takes him time to adjust to it". 

Copper's whole body seemed to be shaking now, you worried what would happen next. Slowly, he grasps either side of the helmet and slowly raises it from his head. What you see next will haunt you forever. 

Placing the helmet on the floor, Copper slumps back in the chair, a rasping noise coming from his throat. His face truly was a mess. The skin was indeed burnt severely, it was peeling off in places. One eye was completely gone, sat in it's place was a metal ball with wires looping round and disappearing behind his head. You likened his head to a flesh-bare skull, there were very few defining features that a person would have. A nose? Gone. Ears? Gone. There were also several large dents in his forehead. 

'Can....How do you eat?' You stumble over your words. Copper just sits there staring at you with his one functional eye. He raises his hand and points at where his lower jaw should be, he then points at Crux. 

Crux clears his throat. "He gets a nutrient injected into his bloodstream, it doesn't fill his stomach but it keeps him alive" He pauses. "Alive and fighting..."

You avert your gaze. This poor man, if you could call him a man any more, must have been through so much pain to- Your thought process stops as a large explosion makes the room shudder. Copper glances at Crux and reaches for his helmet. Crux jumps up and rushes over to his seat, flipping several switches along the way. 

With his helmet secure over his mutilated face, Copper pulls a small rectangular thing down from the ceiling and holds it to his mouth piece.

*Crackles* "This is Copper H1, do you guys copy. Over" *Crackles*. A severely distorted voices replies; "Yeah we read you loud and clear H1, Hit by an PPG, We have to move now. Over." The Message ends with a crackle. Copper flicks a switch. "All units prepare to move, we've got hostiles in the vicinity. Head to way point 1A. Over" 

The room was suddenly abuzz with activity, Copper and Crux were frantically flicking switches, tapping screens...It all seemed so surreal. The machine begins to vibrate and an extremely loud humming noise starts coming from all around you. Crux throws a pair of ear defenders back to you. "You'll need them!" He shouts. Swiftly brushing your hair out of the way, the silence of the ear defenders is welcome. Peering over Crux's shoulder, you see him holding two joysticks* in either hand. He turns back to you and smiles. "I'd take a seat, it's going to be a bumpy ride!" 

You place your butt cheeks firmly on the mattress and hold tight. The machine lurches forward. This was indeed going to be a bumpy ride. 

---

Choice teim.

A: Where are we going?"

B: Look out the front window

C: Stay firmly where you are.

There we go, I finally realised it was 10:47PM when I finished this, So you'll notice the quality drops off. Pls forgive me D:

*I realise she probably wouldn't know what a joystick was, but since I couldn't find a better way of describing one, I chose the lazy way. 

Spoiler

HubbaBubba9849

HubbaBubba9849

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

I'll leave this choice up to the next guy.

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
A! And B for da scenery XD

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users