• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

#1. take a focus on optimization, somewhat map and game mode specific, hell make it a priority

with an i5 4440 (3.1ghz 4core), 8gb of your standard ddr3 ram, no gpu (that means integrated graphics, the i5's intel HD 4600  256mb or well "224mb"), albeit a B85 mobo

i get like 40-50 frames in TDM even on eco and i think bazaar too

MA on those 2 maps and wreckage tho, 27, 29 fps same with siege

if you say well that would be catering to your low tier fuzzy bunny arch, to that i say fall over ded k?

#1.5 additionally lower quality options and less animation options would be great, i mean sure, missiles on missile assault can kill you....idc, i don't need to see them do squat, same with the lame ass explosions hitting the base rofl, hell take out the silo "priming" animation

i need to FIGHT, not admire the pretty fire works and great engineering of the silo i'm supposed to defend

as far as viable lower the req specs! heighten the framerate! #1 and #1.5!!!

im pretty sure this is something everyone can get behind yes? <3 its surely to much for me to ask to be able to play Hawken at 60fps without a GPU but as close as possible would be nice.....

----------------------------

#2 dont mess up my grenade launcher no matter how long hawken lives, make hawken live forever, and do stuff forever (there is a good chance that Hawken is a giant cash cow ready to go moo on your bank account like that APB thingy and then moo for years to come)

#3 kill off the mmr restrictions, completely, people at uber high tier gaming levels of humanity CAN STILL DIE AND LOSE, fight them, and let them fight, with the name they like, not just sum damn name they made up so they could kill some free time

#4 i feel like the game needs a really in depth mentor and training system but thats highly unfeasible.

videos/guides don't REALLY cut it, the community can only do so much, both posting and individual/group lessons/practices.

something like the videos in LoL for abilities would be a great idea but probably incredibly hard to choreograph things like mech maneuvers

Nosgoth's training is pretty good but falls far shorter than mobas teaching method because of the difference in skill caps and gameplay style.

what are we left with? a whole lot of blood sweat and very salty tears over a decent period of time to train a person in Hawken, but heres the kicker, thats just the training to be able to perform casually because of the small player base, gameplay style and speed, skill cap and a bucket of other factors

its all been said be4 but we really need a LOT of new players

hurry up and slap your damn name on it, increase the server tick rate, additional server locations that would make for viable pings to people in regions distant from each other(pipedream), hows the main pages language accessibility and overall language accessibility?,  more HC for new players, and tho you're pretty good about it so far....way more communication

-----------------------------

#5 ded mech ragdolls are annoying, but i can't make up my mind if they should stay or not, sort of like i cant make up my mind if the weapon raise delay should stay or be removed, toyed with the idea of a weapon raise delay nerfing internal but its just a sugar coated raider ability internal :yucky:

#6 i like the idea of adding graffiti spraypaint that you can use on walls/floors in matches (as seen in Crossfire and whatever other game employs that function.....cs or some crap) nothing beneficial like crossfire employs with "bomb this way --->" and "mutants here" spraypaints, tho that would be interesting. probably a long shot considering i'm not sure how much you are willing to commit to Hawken considering the coding implications might be far vaster than i can imagine. but if possible it would be another potential source of income (what can i say people like to draw over other peoples crap) :wub:

#7 search and destroy game mode because it attracts search and destroy fanatic's :thumbsup:

#8 seriously game mode varieties are a big thing :sleep:

#9 yes and 120 field of view (but first increase my framerate without a GPU  :wallbash:  :sweat:)

#10 map repairs at your leisure

#11 im sure theres more

Edited by ArchMech, 27 April 2015 - 06:43 PM.

• crockrocket likes this

don't mind me, i'm just on a crusade against humanity, by the end of my lifespan earth's population will be 8 billion+ trolls

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

120deg out-the-window adjustable viewing too.

I usually get 10-20 fps nearly the full match in Facility Coop Destruct, teleporting and freezing all over. Enough to have you almost pewking on your shoes by wave 25.  And this with 122fps in the Lobby/Garage.

You are likely correct in the overload with animations, as this happens when the entire team on both sides is duking it out at the AA and/or UnderBridge on Prosk.

AMD8350

xFX7750

16GBram

I can run Ultra/Ultra or Ultra/Low--makes no diff. FPS still are virtually identical (it does get hot as sh!t tho on U/U).  :(

Edited by em1o, 27 April 2015 - 03:22 PM.

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

120deg out-the-window adjustable viewing too.

I usually get 10-20 fps nearly the full match in Facility Coop Destruct, teleporting and freezing all over. Enough to have you almost pewking on your shoes by wave 25.  And this with 122fps in the Lobby/Garage.

You are likely correct in the overload with animations, as this happens when the entire team on both sides is duking it out at the AA and/or UnderBridge on Prosk.

AMD8350

xFX7750

16GBram

I can run Ultra/Ultra or Ultra/Low--makes no diff. FPS still are virtually identical (it does get hot as sh!t tho on U/U).  :(

It's worth noting that this game seems to absolutely loath Piledriver chips.

And for fuzzy's sake Arch, do you really expect this game to run well without a dedicated GPU? This isn't a cheesy flash game. Have some respect.

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

Loglino

Loglino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

It's worth noting that this game seems to absolutely loath Piledriver chips.

And for fuzzy's sake Arch, do you really expect this game to run well without a dedicated GPU? This isn't a cheesy flash game. Have some respect.

I would say have any graphics card, even if it happens to be like a GT 620.

Edited by Loglino, 27 April 2015 - 04:00 PM.

Mind the fact that pizza is my avatar.
Pizza is cool and you know it.

<3 HAWKEN

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

Hey, pick up a cheapo GT 740 for like under $70.  Or make the leap to a GTX 750 for like $100.  Or a GT 730 for like $50.  I mean, not having a dedicated GPU hurts.  I'm surprised you're as you are with such hardware (no offense). I applaud you, but seriously, get a cheapo GPU.  It'll help.

Edited by Silverfire, 27 April 2015 - 04:32 PM.

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

Rei

Rei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Not having a dedicated graphics card is what's killing you.

Pineapple_Wizard

Pineapple_Wizard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I would love to see optimization take a priority. I'm a college student and cannot afford a high end machine. I can get 30fps if I'm lucky

IareDave

IareDave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
Damnit arch, Just get a gaming laptop

TheFrostnessMonster

TheFrostnessMonster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Yeah this game needs some optimization.  When I can run Lost Planet 2 on max settings, DX11, V-sync on and AA on max, and still get 60+ FPS constantly, but only get 30-40 in Hawken on a mix of high/ultra, AA off and other eye candy off as well, you know there is a problem.

P.S.  Lost Planet 2 has better sounding guns than Hawken :)

CRT master race... No questions allowed.

Period.

Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

A port to DX11, additional optimizations on all fronts, and a game engine capable of rendering frames in real-time would considerably increase performance. Facility is a good example of how optimized each map should be, while also satisfying the design and gameplay philosophy.

TpsOr7F.png

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

Fully agree on 2 - 4 & 7 - 11. The other's I don't feel strongly about either way

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts
I play on a laptop designed for word processing with no dedicated GPU.

#edgy

Spoiler

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

AND I WANT RETURNED BETTER QUALITY SOUND EFFECTS AND BETTER GRAPHICS AND THE FEEL THAT THE FIRST TRAILER HAD.

Btw I have gpu.

comment_ywJRm1EakBAbnt5rg64WgRdoYNK015uY

• Kopra likes this

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

Damnit arch, Just get a gaming laptop

you-filthy-casual-meme.jpg

• Draigun, dorobo and IareDave like this