• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

teeth_03

teeth_03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

From my experience, Siege and Missile Assault normally yield more points. Could we increase the earnings of TDM and DM so its on par with what you would earn playing the other modes?

I realize that TDM games are normally shorter, but it still feels like it lacks compared to playing the other modes.

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Yes true. In siege you get XP for killing and for EU and for base dmg and for launching AA's. So if a siege is as long as 2 TDM's, with an equal killing performance you'd still get 40% more XP in SG.

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

I don't have the data, but if I recall from the previous forums, someone posted a breakdown that showed that TDM outstripped MA in terms of points per-minute, but SG led by a wide margin.  

But who the hell wants to play pub sieges.

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

I don't have the data, but if I recall from the previous forums, someone posted a breakdown that showed that TDM outstripped MA in terms of points per-minute, but SG led by a wide margin.  

But who the hell wants to play pub sieges.

Pub sieges get more because hazard pay?  :wink: :tongue:

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
I think we should buff it up just a bit...

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

TDM is the beginner mode and should be the least rewarded. DM, as much as I love it, should not get more reward as well because it is simply Hunger Games without any strategy. 

But why do you want so much XP and HC? Stress test XP/HC boost overflow! #LetItRain

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
I think Siege and MA should have more because they are more strategically oriented modes where DM and TDM are drone modes. Either death ball or lone wolf. Your choice. Don't have to think. Shooty pew pew lazorzes.
  • CrimsonKaim likes this

Technician | Fear the Beam | Support
Welcome to the End of Days
KHCwt3J.png
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]
Smoke this!

Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

I think Siege and MA should have more because they are more strategically oriented modes where DM and TDM are drone modes. Either death ball or lone wolf. Your choice. Don't have to think. Shooty pew pew lazorzes.

You obviously haven't played with newer players in a Siege game. The massive influx of new players in AU has made me think that I should never play Siege in AU because of several reasons. One of them is that the death ball-ing is much worse. There is a good reason why the majority of the population play TDM most of the time - it may be drone, but it's more fun then getting wrecked by a team that plays well together for a lengthier period.

• DieselCat likes this

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

You obviously haven't played with newer players in a Siege game. The massive influx of new players in AU has made me think that I should never play Siege in AU because of several reasons. One of them is that the death ball-ing is much worse. There is a good reason why the majority of the population play TDM most of the time - it may be drone, but it's more fun then getting wrecked by a team that plays well together for a lengthier period.

I make a point to do pub Siege twice a day alone. I feel it makes me a better Tech because I have to hold together a group that I don't know. It's not my favorite thing. But I mostly play with people from the team so I have at least two reliable people that I can communicate with. I think Siege requires that level of communication to maximize enjoyability. Besides, I like objective based matches even if they are glorified king of the hill and dumbed down crazy king.

Technician | Fear the Beam | Support
Welcome to the End of Days
KHCwt3J.png
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]
Smoke this!

teeth_03

teeth_03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

TDM is the beginner mode and should be the least rewarded. DM, as much as I love it, should not get more reward as well because it is simply Hunger Games without any strategy.

But why do you want so much XP and HC? Stress test XP/HC boost overflow! #LetItRain

TDM is not a "beginner mode", its a personal preference. Why should I get rewarded less for the game mode I like the most? All I'm suggesting is that we try to make the earnings equal so we can play what we want and not have to grind in other modes just because they reward you better.

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

TDM is not a "beginner mode", its a personal preference. Why should I get rewarded less for the game mode I like the most? All I'm suggesting is that we try to make the earnings equal so we can play what we want and not have to grind in other modes just because they reward you better.

TDM is indeed the beginner mode. Or was, I am not sure anymore. It is the mode a beginner can play. Every other mode is locked until he paly some games of TDM. This is why it is the beginner mode. ANd guess why TDM was chosen for beginners to play. BEcause it is easy to understand and to play. No objectives, no fixed spawns, no clear frontline, just random pew pew.

TDM can be played differentely in comp matches but in pub matches, it was always, is and will always be the beginner mode.

No need to increase reward for TDM.

Siege is TDM at a fixed point and MA is the actual 'skillful' mode. Though not that much demanding. DM is a random Hunger Games round but still more demanding than TDM.

But again, why do you want to increase the reward? I mean it isn't like we have enough HC or XP or something like that ... I still want this 500k HC paint job ...

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Hmmm now I'm getting mixed feelings about to buff up earnings or not to buff up earnings.... Idk....

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

teeth_03

teeth_03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
YOU might have enough XP and HC, but what about the other 99% of players that don't fall in that category?

Also, just because you think TDM is a "beginner mode" doesn't explain why the earnings should be any less. Are you suggesting people only play Siege for the higher earnings?

Here are the facts:

1. I'm still grinding mechs so I still need a lot of HC and XP

2. I like to play TDM more than MA or Siege.

3. TDM games are shorter

4. There is a long wait time between matches, which is compounded by the above fact

5. TDM matches don't reward you as much as Siege per hour, and MA is arguable.

Guess what, just because you are on the high end and don't have to worry about earnings anymore, doesn't make the low end any less important.

***Players should be able to play the game mode they want to play, and shouldn't have to play ones they don't just because they earn more***

Imagine right now there are a bunch of people playing Siege only because of the higher earnings. If they don't fully enjoy the game mode, then they might not be playing to their full potential. Guess what? That means a crappy pub game.

I don't understand why the game modes can't be on equal ground.

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

1. Same argument: Just because you need HC/XP, doesn't mean everyone does. You have absolutely no power to speak for anyone except yourself. It is you against me here and not the 99% of the players, which probably don't even know about the whole stuff right here.

2. I don't care. I love DM. Let's increase the HC reward!

3. If a game mode is shorter than others, why should you get the same reward for palying twice as long as in another game mode? Siege gives you a lot of XP but only because it is so long. Same with MA.

4. Long wait times were always a problem but has no influence on XP/HC rewards.

5. Where are your calculations for XP/HC per hour? These would be really interested (I mean, really! I'm not joking)

Maybe the modes are already equal, who knows? Or maybe just the better you perform, the more HC and XP you earn? 

• Grollourdo likes this

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

TDM XP/HC gain is good as it is now, make some double XP/HC events (but not every week-end)

TDM is the most played mode, there is a reason. Not because it is for beginner, but because it's the most enjoyable.

As for other modes :

- Coop Bot destruction need some more maps or something, I don't like the way it is now. Also need a 2 players Coop Bot mode

- Siege is long and more "tactical", it deserves an off-line training mode

- DM needs to be changed to :

- free enter / leave 18-24 players rooms where you can grind HC and XP just by spending time and getting kills, with same low grind as it is now

- 1vs1 duels maps with 10 kills caps with higher grind

- MA needs some changes, make it 9vs9

Edited by MomOw, 03 May 2015 - 08:06 PM.

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

teeth_03

teeth_03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
I wasn't suggesting TDM needs to have the same earnings per game, and I don't have any evidence either way, but especially with the double XP, it seems like I gain mech levels quicker playing Seige.

Perhaps my issue stems from the fact that TDM games are shorter. You earn less and have to spend more time between games, no natter what, it ***feels*** like you earn less whether you do or not.

The next time I have a long time to play, I'll try to do some maths on game mode earnings.

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Sure thing XD I wanna see this XD

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users