47 replies to this topic

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

We have this goal:

We want a single, organized, central hub for the Hawken community to utilize voice chat. It's a simple goal. Whenever you load up Hawken, you boot up TS as well, and can use it as you see fit.

We want to set up barriers, channels, and sub channels for every clan, so organizing competitive play becomes a fluid process.
As it stands, the following is common within competitive play: "Should we message them? Are they on that TeamSpeak? What about this one? What about steam, anyone have one of their members on steam?" We don't like that. It's unprofessional, and the community deserves better.

We want to establish fertile ground for new pilots, so they don't get tossed around for hours on end, only to have the wrong impresson of Hawken.
We want to provide a place for questions to be asked and answered in real time. We want new players to feel like the full potential of Hawken is at their fingertips, with actual feedback and actual participation.

We want a place for everyone else.
We don't care if you're part of a clan or not. We don't care if you're from Europe, Asia, Russia, North, South, Mars, it makes no difference. As long as you play Hawken, we want a space where you can get the same engagement you get from the community on the forums, while you're actually playing the game.

We want an Officially Official Hawken TeamSpeak.

ts5.gameservers.com:9152

(A quick guide on rudimentary TeamSpeak use drawn up by SigmaOmega available here.)

It's public, it's open to everyone, and it almost always has people on it. It's currently a hub for community events, developer questions, and organized play, but we want to bring a voice to every name on the forums.

Download TeamSpeak 3 here.

(We also have a twitter- @HawkenTeamSpeak.)

It's also worth looking at the #hawkenscrim IRC channel, which can be found here.

List of admins and super-admins:

Spoiler

Edited by ticklemyiguana, 19 June 2015 - 11:32 AM.

• ZombieBiscuit, ArchMech, crockrocket and 17 others like this

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Thanks bro:)

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

good work tick  :thumbsup:

SigmaOmega

SigmaOmega

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Awesome :)

TheFrostnessMonster

TheFrostnessMonster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

It's a good place to hang.  I'm not part of any type of clan and I managed to play 6-7 rounds of TDM, with 80% of players in this TS. Was one of the best times I've had in Hawken in a long while (thanks guys).

Edited by TheFrostnessMonster, 22 March 2015 - 05:09 PM.

• Grollourdo, Rajitha and ticklemyiguana like this

CRT master race... No questions allowed.

Period.

Interrobang87

Interrobang87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

just joined the TS and SO MANY FRIENDS! thank you

• Merl61 and ticklemyiguana like this

ReversusRex

ReversusRex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Sorry for my incompetence, but how do I get the teamspeak working? I downloaded the file from your link and presumably have Teamspeak running (there's an icon for it in the tray), but I don't see anything else that I can do to it. Can't seem to get the initialization screen to show up again either. 

SigmaOmega

SigmaOmega

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Once you open teamspeak aka TS. Click on Connect > Connect

dSRBmvr.png

Then put this in the Sever Address field: ts5.gameservers.com:9152

For your Nickname, use your callsign. But you dont have to.

7J7rhhE.png

Edited by SigmaOmega, 24 March 2015 - 05:04 PM.

• ticklemyiguana and Arkhaun like this

SigmaOmega

SigmaOmega

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

You may wish to add this to your OP tickle https://community.pl...to-teamspeak-3/

ReversusRex

ReversusRex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Once you open teamspeak aka TS. Click on Connect > Connect

dSRBmvr.png

Then put this in the Sever Address field: ts5.gameservers.com:9152

For your Nickname, use your callsign. But you dont have to.

7J7rhhE.png

Is it normal that I don't see any sort of client when I run TS? all I get is the TS tray icon. I get the feeling that it might be appearing off of the edge of my screen because when I click on the icon it minimizes my current window and takes me to the desktop.

EDIT: NOPE that doesn't seem to be the case

Edited by ReversusRex, 24 March 2015 - 05:55 PM.

SigmaOmega

SigmaOmega

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Is it normal that I don't see any sort of client when I run TS? all I get is the TS tray icon. I get the feeling that it might be appearing off of the edge of my screen because when I click on the icon it minimizes my current window and takes me to the desktop.

EDIT: NOPE that doesn't seem to be the case

If it opens off the side of the desktop. Hold Win + Shift and press one of the arrow keys. You may have to repeat it with each of them to see if it comes out. Otherwise, I am not sure but you sould be able to double click on the tray icon to open it.

ReversusRex

ReversusRex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

If it opens off the side of the desktop. Hold Win + Shift and press one of the arrow keys. You may have to repeat it with each of them to see if it comes out. Otherwise, I am not sure but you sould be able to double click on the tray icon to open it.

Yeah I tried that fix in case it as opening off-screen but that didn't seem to be the problem. When I double click the tray icon nothing happens. Left click just reveals a sub-menu with "about" and "exit".

Edited by ReversusRex, 24 March 2015 - 07:45 PM.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Because it has to be done and I'm the bureaucratic fuzzy-bunny to do it.

A word on Admins and Super Admins:

Your Admins are: 

Crockrocket
IronJelly
Houruck
Nept
Rider_Anton
wolfrock
Scooby_Husky
Dr_Freeze001
Rei
Saturnine
Silverfire
Lunatic_Fringe
Batpanda
Setonious
FawkenAwesome

Your Super Admins are:

Merl
ticklemyiguana
Amidatelion

As of now, all admins are held to the following Policies and Procedures, no exceptions.

Feel free to contact the Super Admins for further information or any concerns.

• crockrocket and Silverfire like this

Lioot

Lioot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Are you proud everyone? Australian's finally using the server you set up for us :D

Thanks by the way

6222a73687.png

• Amidatelion and ticklemyiguana like this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

A spreadsheet of costs associated with the Officially Unofficial Hawken TeamSpeak is now available here.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

VkcacCs.jpg

Edited by Amidatelion, 15 April 2015 - 03:09 PM.

• Silverfire likes this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Everyone please welcome OdinTheWise to the list of Admins. Odin has been a regularly contributing member of the TS community and has sworn to use his powers for good, primarily for War Wednesdays.

Welcome's over, get to work.

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
So umm this is a clan? COUNT ME IN! XD

may I join? XD

HEHE

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Oh I just reread the thing.... Sorry ignore my posts... T.T XD

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Nothing against this TS but how many of you are still using it, except for events?

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

Nothing against this TS but how many of you are still using it, except for events?

4:30 in the morning right now. 6 people on. I don't actually know any of them.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

4:30 in the morning right now. 6 people on. I don't actually know any of them.

Just jumped in, 0 people online, what am I doing wrong?

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

Just jumped in, 0 people online, what am I doing wrong?

My guess is you're not subscribed to all the channels.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

My guess is you're not subscribed to all the channels.

That means?

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

That means?

That means you're just seeing the titles of the channels, not the occupants.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

That means you're just seeing the titles of the channels, not the occupants.

And why is it like that? Why can't I just see who is there without checkign every single channel?

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

And why is it like that? Why can't I just see who is there without checkign every single channel?

What is your deal, man? I didn't invent TeamSpeak. That's how it is. For the record though, you can just right click the main channel and click on whatever link looks like "subscribe to all". You don't have to check every single channel on any TeamSpeak. For the record, it's now 20 minutes past that post and excluding myself, it looks like only 4 people are on. At almost five AM.

Given your post history and your attitude, I don't really believe the "nothing against this TS" spiel.
  • Amidatelion and BaronSaturday like this

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
I didn't have to sub to anything and I can see it all. But I'm a dom so... <see what I did there?

Technician | Fear the Beam | Support
Welcome to the End of Days
KHCwt3J.png
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]
Smoke this!

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

What is your deal, man? I didn't invent TeamSpeak. That's how it is. For the record though, you can just right click the main channel and click on whatever link looks like "subscribe to all". You don't have to check every single channel on any TeamSpeak. For the record, it's now 20 minutes past that post and excluding myself, it looks like only 4 people are on. At almost five AM.

Given your post history and your attitude, I don't really believe the "nothing against this TS" spiel.

I don't care if you believe it or not and I didn't insult anyone here, I just asked some questions haha. 

Everyone is overreacting in Hawken about my "attitude" what is wrong with it? xd

But thanks for the help anyways.

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts
If I'm home and on the computer I'm usually idling in the TS.

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

We see between 30 and 80 GUIDs connect on an average day (non-simultaneous), with that number edging toward 120 on "event" days. Our max simultaneous is 150. We only ever come close to that during developer Q&A's. I'd post metrics but it is fuzzy bunnyng impossible to pull usable data from TeamSpeak without more effort than I'm willing to put in, in this case.

I don't care if you believe it or not and I didn't insult anyone here, I just asked some questions haha. 

Everyone is overreacting in Hawken about my "attitude" what is wrong with it? xd

Your attitude is provocative, insulting and attention-seeking, which in this community is really nothing new. The issue is the content of your posts is lackluster, unoriginal or non-existant and you contribute little in arguments, conversations or even off-topic discussions, so while people are willing to forgive all of former, you give them no reason to.

It may very well be that you are unaware of this and hell, honestly, in this case I could believe that's true and that the "nothing against this" wasn't a passive-aggressive jab and merely a mistaken choice of words from someone whose first language isn't English. But the fact remains that you could have asked this in a private conversation instead of publicly appearing to call the popularity or purpose of this TS into question which calls your judgement and discretion into question. That, combined with the over-arching trend of your posts, describes someone that people are not going to be positively disposed towards without some positive contibutions or "hook."

But thanks for the input.

• Pastorius likes this

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

Amid brings up a good point. If English is not your first language, it's possible you weren't intending to be rude.

The very quick, short responses without any given reason seemed almost demanding, as if you were accusing us of something. It was also five in the morning on a Sunday and I had not gone to bed yet, thus, non sober, tired me, felt rather annoyed that I was wasting forum space on what had turned into a post by post interogation.

At the very least, you could have recognized that when I said it was five in the morning where I live, it wasn't time for a tutorial on TeamSpeak.

If you really had innocent intentions, then I really do apologize - though I currently remain somewhat skeptical.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, 03 May 2015 - 07:23 AM.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Like really? 

FakeNames's Tutorial to understand FakeName:

What FakeNames says:

"Nothing against this server [...]" - Intention is not to pull the server down "[...] but how many of you are still using it [...]?" - Asking for some input of different people*.

In a short version;

What I say: "Nothing against this Server, but how many of you are still using it, except for events?"

What I mean: "Nothing against this Server, but how many of you are still using it, except for events?"

You can interpret it as you want, but don't annoy me with your vision of behavior and how to write. I am straight forward and if I would tell you that you annoy me, I will say it like "Don't annoy me with your [...]"

*Why shall I send a PM to some random players asking wheather or not they are still using that TS?

Man, you guys are really overreacting. I just ask some question and someone wants to teach me how to behave. Dafuq?

Edited by FakeName, 03 May 2015 - 09:04 AM.

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts
Alright, so, my thread, partially my TeamSpeak, please don't respond to the above post or anyone violating this request. I genuinely don't want the next page or so to be dedicated to teaching a single forum member that the Internet is composed of real people and things like manners and reputation do actually exist.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, 03 May 2015 - 09:01 AM.

• Aregon and Miscellaneous like this

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Hmmm widh the TS would be an international clan XD lol no Asian clans around XD I'm like a loner XD IM EVEN THE ONLY ASIAN WHO APPLIED FOR DAT TS TOURNAMENT! XD

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

Hestoned is now an admin for the purpose of SUNDAY DM. Also for being a pretty cool dude that shows up to basically every WW and is cool.

• Amidatelion likes this

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Clan icons are now available for more shiny pixels after your name.

Clans that have been added, due to the ease of getting/making an icon:

THC

B

TDM

TANG

-vR

I would have added Axe-Attack but their banner appears to have vanished, Omni doesn't really visit HKTS, I can't render the innocent beauty of Crushinator in 16x16, I assume Team10 will want an actual name before an icon and I don't actually fuzzing know what SASC's icon is.

This list is obviously NA-centric, but I don't know many of the other regions clans, so if you would like to have an icon associated with you clan (and you actually fuzzing use the HKTS) please just let me know and we'll get one up for you. To claim an icon, just ask an Admin for one.

Additionally, a new, highly specialized server group has been created:

QVcsaN4.png

*:???Thought of the day???:*

You catch more flies with honey than vinegar, but a can of Raid kills pretty much anything.

-Amid, Lord of the Scrubs, September 18th, 2015

Edited by Amidatelion, 18 September 2015 - 06:34 PM.

• phed, crockrocket, _incitatus and 1 other like this

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

Clan icons are now available for more shiny pixels after your name.

Clans that have been added, due to the ease of getting/making an icon:

THC

B

TDM

TANG

-vR

Nice!

I assume Team10 will want an actual name before an icon 

Their name is TDM (JK.... But low key y'all should recruit the rest of your team)

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts
Many thanks Amid!

Nice!
Their name is TDM (JK.... But low key y'all should recruit the rest of your team)

Half of team 10 is made up of proud TDM members. And yes, recruit recruit recruit!

Btw, what is our icon? Do we have any say,or is entirely on your whim?

Edited by {TDM} coldform, 20 September 2015 - 02:25 PM.

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Many thanks Amid!

Half of team 10 is made up of proud TDM members. And yes, recruit recruit recruit!

Btw, what is our icon? Do we have any say,or is entirely on your whim?

Bow before my whims. 

In all seriousness, it's a rook, scored through with red. If you'd like to submit an alternate 16x16 pixel image, go right ahead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users