Photo

HAWKEN @ Gen Con

- - - - - gencon stream gaming cardgame publicity advertising cosplay shenanigans indiana fuzzy bunny

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

I'll be hosting the Hawken card game on July 30th + 31st at GenCon in Indianiapolis, IN. This is my first time at a big fancy convention and I'm really excited to have this opportunity to share Hawken.

If I can get my hands on a wire for the hotel LAN, there will be a webcam streaming the table and (transportation permitting) my rig to demo the real game for would-be pilots. I'll post the stream link when I find out more.

Event links:

Thursday @ 10a - 2pm

Friday @ 10a - 2pm

Anybody going? Any ideas for pilot costumes? Have you tried the card game out?

EDIT: tookapicture

Edited by eth0, 30 August 2015 - 02:15 PM.

• LadyTiggs, OmegaNull, Nept and 14 others like this

Pubstomping is a whole different strategic discussion, however, and usually just becomes an exploration of the ethics of dumpstering randos.

UYoy63i.png

Why mech game make when you no mech game have you don't want to make? 

Loglino

Loglino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
This is the year we aren't going. Would love to see this.

Mind the fact that pizza is my avatar.
Pizza is cool and you know it.

<3 HAWKEN

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

This is the year we aren't going. Would love to see this.

As if anything could be more important than shooting robots. If the stream works out you can still see it!

Pubstomping is a whole different strategic discussion, however, and usually just becomes an exploration of the ethics of dumpstering randos.

UYoy63i.png

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

You've got my number eth0. Give me a call when you get here. I might even come to the show. I'm sorry to say I've never been to a GenCon before. Read about them. Saw videos of them, but never been there. If I have the money I might just come. It would be interesting. (Oh just have to note I have been watching old British black and white scifi films all afternoon now. I love old scifi movies. Sorry I know it has nothing to do with this. I am just really enjoying it. :D )

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

You've got my number eth0. Give me a call when you get here. I might even come to the show. I'm sorry to say I've never been to a GenCon before. Read about them. Saw videos of them, but never been there. If I have the money I might just come. It would be interesting. (Oh just have to note I have been watching old British black and white scifi films all afternoon now. I love old scifi movies. Sorry I know it has nothing to do with this. I am just really enjoying it. :D )

A badge will get you into the doors for browsing and swag, but most tables and events will require registration. Daily badges are $45 a pop and the 4-day is $80.

Anyone who swings by my table, registered or not, is welcome to partake in the excitement and grace that is herken.

• Badtings likes this

UYoy63i.png

OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

if i had the money i would be more than happy to join you

We Can Dance If We Want To     

OTWsig2.jpg

ES3lMRu.png?1

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Which is exactly why Reloaded should start HWKCON and let us grind hc for tickets.

• ticklemyiguana, OdinTheWise, Kopra and 2 others like this

UYoy63i.png

Badtings

Badtings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Gencon is a great time! Wish I was able to come hang!

8CyRDl7.gifGYM1W9I.png

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Ouch that is a large chunk of money for a old guy on disability. I will try but no guarantee. I will guarantee we can meet up somewhere anyhow and talk Hawken anyhow. :D

• Badtings likes this

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Roarschak

Roarschak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

I would loooooove to go. I've always wanted to go to conventions such as this. However, the location is normally what restricts me. If there were one closer to SC I would be there in a heartbeat.  :smile:

• Badtings likes this

dRseZPl.jpg

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
I would love to come, I'm going to new your this summer.... Tho my family is pretty short on money....

And idk if I will be able to go around the us e freely... I think I would be kinda traped in NY... Idk... I'll try...

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

If you guys can make it to the gate I'll just tell them you're helping me set up.

wink.gif

• Nept, _incitatus, Nov8tr and 1 other like this

UYoy63i.png

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

I have the money.....but  :sad: not the time.

eth0 looking forward to your stream of the event.

Good luck and have fun.

*+

• eth0 and Badtings like this

Just Relax....and take life one game at a time....

Don't run to your death....walk

th_Duckman.jpg   th_82c0a97c-98de-4aac-be47-05e5e099be80.

*+

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

GenCon is in less than a week! I wasn't able to get a hardwire to my table (less I spend hundreds out of pocket) but I'm going to try and stream over my cell data, Baba Ji help me.

Apart from the rules for the card game, I'd like to make some handouts to put up on the table that talk about Hawken, what it is, where to watch... Any ideas? As far as I can tell, I'll be the only exposure Hawken gets at GenCon so I want to do whatever I can.

Tell all your friends to look for the pilot at convention center Hall E!

• DieselCat and Badtings like this

UYoy63i.png

talon70

talon70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

I have a Prosk starter bundle in my steam inventory. I will give to you and you can have a raffle for it if you want.

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

I have a Prosk starter bundle in my steam inventory. I will give to you and you can have a raffle for it if you want.

That sounds awesome, thank you! I'll match that offer so we'll have two Prosk bundles to raffle off.

UYoy63i.png

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

I wish I had something to offer you to help promote Hawken at GenCon....but sadly I don't. 

Be safe, have a great time and hopefully some people will get curious about Hawken.

Maybe give Josh and Tiggs a shout. They may have something to toss in to help promote the game there.

*+

*+

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Hey,

I offer one free Best Wishes unofficial bundle to you all!

.. and have a good one too!

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice.

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
IT'S HAPPENING!
Spoiler

I have 3 Prosk starter bundles and over 50 XP and HC codes to raffle! Thanks again Talon, Riddlyn, and mama Tiggs for the prizes! More pics tomorrow! Tonight I'll be testing the stream, games will be tomorrow and Friday @ 10am on twitch.tv/eth0ethan.

Edit: no power by my table and my potato can't use dx10/OBS :(

Edited by eth0, 30 July 2015 - 06:08 AM.

• Browno, _incitatus, DieselCat and 2 others like this

UYoy63i.png

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

GenCon is in less than a week! I wasn't able to get a hardwire to my table (less I spend hundreds out of pocket) but I'm going to try and stream over my cell data, Baba Ji help me.

From some previous convention experience, your cell data speed is going to be useless.  At a convention, there will be thousands of people using the same cell tower as you - and those towers have a limited bandwidth.  Half of the time, I even have to try several times to make a simple phone-call.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Eth0 you are more than free to call me but I can't come. We just took my car to the shop. The brakes went out about 2 weeks ago. My neighbor is using his repair shop to fix it. Really nice guy. It was fun getting it there with no brakes. We took back roads and I used downshifting the transmission to slow the car........eekkk. It worked. We got it there fine. I hope to have it back early next week. Sorry you didn't get a hookup mate. Hope you do well selling anyhow. Take care!!

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Badtings

Badtings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Good luck! And Promote the fuzzy bunny outta of it! Bring in more *meat* ;D muwhahahahah

Wish I was there. Love me some GenCon :D

8CyRDl7.gifGYM1W9I.png

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Soooooo, I got to show this weird card game to about 5 people who came and played it. Everyone loved it by the end of the first round but hardly anyone had heard of Hawken.

Spoiler

Here's a cockroach I woke up to the first morning.

Spoiler

Omni is everywhere /o\

Spoiler

Now the part you've all been waiting for... pictures of me with scantily clad cosplayers. I did my best to make each picture interesting but some of the cosplayers were made uncomfortable by my requests, especially Obi-Wan. Boo! Samus in the power suit wasn't down for my shenanigans either.

Not all of the HC/XP codes were used, so I'll be giving the remaining ones away on stream. I have the opportunity for the same GM badge again next year, so long as I show up and have a game to play. Reloaded plz

• DerMax, Meraple, DieselCat and 3 others like this

UYoy63i.png

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Hmm OK. I tell people at Fry's about Hawken and anyone else who will listen, lol.  The cockroach was FREE meat for your complimentary breakfast biscuit, stop complaing. :teehee: And the Omni comspiracy is well known. And the coplayers are always fun. If you look hard enough you can find someone wearing anything. Glad you had a good time. Take care and see you in game my friend!  :yes:

DSC_4158.JPG

Edited by Nov8tr, 04 August 2015 - 11:30 AM.

• LadyTiggs, eth0, SOD_CyberTormentor and 1 other like this

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Badtings

Badtings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Awesome. Way to spread the gospel, eth0! :D

• eth0 likes this

8CyRDl7.gifGYM1W9I.png

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

Looked at all the pictures...  You are awesome man.  What a lot of fun.

Got a kick out of Boba Fatt and the people who kind of looked like CR-T/Fred.

• eth0 likes this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Post of the year !

eth0, you are a special person for taking the time to spread the word about Hawken...incredibly awesome. The photos were fantastic and by the looks of it you were having a great time (hope you got hooked up :thumbsup: )...wish I was there.

*+

• eth0 likes this

*+

SOD_CyberTormentor

SOD_CyberTormentor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Soooooo, I got to show this weird card game to about 5 people who came and played it. Everyone loved it by the end of the first round but hardly anyone had heard of Hawken.

Spoiler

Here's a cockroach I woke up to the first morning.

Spoiler

Omni is everywhere /o\

Spoiler

Now the part you've all been waiting for... pictures of me with scantily clad cosplayers. I did my best to make each picture interesting but some of the cosplayers were made uncomfortable by my requests, especially Obi-Wan. Boo! Samus in the power suit wasn't down for my shenanigans either.

Not all of the HC/XP codes were used, so I'll be giving the remaining ones away on stream. I have the opportunity for the same GM badge again next year, so long as I show up and have a game to play. Reloaded plz

Nice pictures dude!

They are the true CRT Recruits hahaha

Pw5Vy1x.jpg

assinaturalogos_03.png | assinaturalogos_09.png | assinaturalogos_07.pngassinaturalogos_05.png

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

If you look hard enough you can find someone wearing anything.

Lots of shirtless white boys lol... that gender-bent Jinx was a really funny dude. Every other person had cat ears or steampunk or both.

Looked at all the pictures...  You are awesome man.  What a lot of fun.

Got a kick out of Boba Fatt and the people who kind of looked like CR-T/Fred.

Boba rocked! He was the only cosplayer to actually dance around but didn't know how to Bernie.

Awesome. Way to spread the gospel, eth0! :D

Post of the year !

eth0, you are a special person for taking the time to spread the word about Hawken...incredibly awesome. The photos were fantastic and by the looks of it you were having a great time (hope you got hooked up :thumbsup: )...wish I was there.

Thank you! Baba Ji has blessed me with the means and there's no game more deserving in my mind. Besides the booth, I had "PLAY HAWKEN" on my back the day all the cosplayers were dressed up... kind of a last minute duct tape addition but people noticed.

Nice pictures dude!

They are the true CRT Recruits hahaha

Thanks! I'm sure they get that a lot, they seemed cool when I called them both Fred.

• LadyTiggs, DieselCat, SOD_CyberTormentor and 1 other like this

UYoy63i.png

talon70

talon70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Thank you! Baba Ji has blessed me with the means and there's no game more deserving in my mind. Besides the booth, I had "PLAY HAWKEN" on my back the day all the cosplayers were dressed up... kind of a last minute duct tape addition but people noticed.

eth0 Rocks!

Thanks for the pics!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gencon, stream, gaming, cardgame, publicity, advertising, cosplay, shenanigans, indiana, fuzzy bunny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users