Photo

Let's get some love for this game up in here!

- - - - - Xbox One Love Like Stream Twitch YouTube

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

(Xbox)Vindicator30

(Xbox)Vindicator30

• Xbox Members
  • 12 posts

I started playing computer games about 20 years ago and I've only loved them more and more as I've gotten older. One of my fondest memories was of a little game called Mechwarrior. I started playing on the sequel. I LOVED that game so much that just about any mech game I heard about I immediately perked up and paid attention.

I played;

MechWarrior

Starsiege

Steel Battalion

Heavy Gear

Trenched

Never really got into Gundam or Armored Core though.

Point is, I like mech games. I've been following this game for a very long time hoping it'd come to consoles. I kinda made the jump from PC to consoles around Halo 2. I am so very jazzed this is on Xbox One and is coming to the PS4 on the 8th!! I've had a ton of fun playing and while it's been a rocky launch it's a beautiful game and best of all it's free!! Even if it's rocky launch, it's a free game!! Even if it takes them a week to get us the free XBLA bundle it's still a free game!!

And equally important, it's so much fun!! It scratches a mech sized itch I've had for some time!

So let's share some good stories!! Some good memories!! And in general just have some fun here!!

Edited by (Xbox)Vindicator30, 02 July 2016 - 11:57 AM.

Everyone, we need to help this game become more popular. Play it, stream it and watch the streams as well! The devs can then see that we like it a ton and aren't just "complaining". Not saying anyone here is but without context some may misconstrue it that way.

Flies to honey not vinegar kind of a thing :-)

(Xbox)HalcyonQuagmire

(Xbox)HalcyonQuagmire

• Xbox Members
  • 25 posts

It is difficult to get excited since Reloaded has largely just stripped the PC game.

My favorite mech is a flak scout on the PC and that combination isn't even possible on Xbox. Even the one new mech(Neif) that was advertised I can't seem to find in the mech web or listing. The console version is supposed to be the future of the PC version. Reloaded dropped the ball and once again lacks any sort of communication with the community.

• (Xbox)Vindicator30 and (Xbox)RumBL306 like this

(Xbox)Vindicator30

(Xbox)Vindicator30

• Xbox Members
  • 12 posts

I absolutely agree with you, I want that to be clear. However this isn't the same developers as the PC version. They're not as familiar with what came before or what we want as a console community. They've only ever done license work before. I to would love to swap out the weapons and create my own bad nasty version of anything I can grind into owning. And you're right the XBLA Bundle (that includes Nief) isn't available right now, it's in the store but says it's unavailable. A failing to be sure.

At the end of the day it's a free game that's working now and it'll never get better (the game or the developer) if we don't support them as much as we want them to support us and the game. I choose to give them that support until they prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that they don't deserve it.

Everyone, we need to help this game become more popular. Play it, stream it and watch the streams as well! The devs can then see that we like it a ton and aren't just "complaining". Not saying anyone here is but without context some may misconstrue it that way.

(Xbox)HalcyonQuagmire

(Xbox)HalcyonQuagmire

• Xbox Members
  • 25 posts

I absolutely agree with you, I want that to be clear. However this isn't the same developers as the PC version. They're not as familiar with what came before or what we want as a console community. They've only ever done license work before. I to would love to swap out the weapons and create my own bad nasty version of anything I can grind into owning. And you're right the XBLA Bundle (that includes Nief) isn't available right now, it's in the store but says it's unavailable. A failing to be sure.

At the end of the day it's a free game that's working now and it'll never get better (the game or the developer) if we don't support them as much as we want them to support us and the game. I choose to give them that support until they prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that they don't deserve it.

I know. I've been playing Hawken on an off since closed beta in 2012.

• (Xbox)Vindicator30 likes this

(Xbox)Vindicator30

(Xbox)Vindicator30

• Xbox Members
  • 12 posts

I know. I've been playing Hawken on an off since closed beta in 2012.

My apologies if I've offended. I really like this game and would love to see positive community support snowball into the game we all wish it could be. Tryin to do my small part to help this happen.

(Xbox)AvalancheW0lf

(Xbox)AvalancheW0lf

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 36 posts

I agree with you @vindicator the game from ALL of the mech games ive played by far is a step up, however i would have to disagree about this game needing "love", i think the amount of content they cut out and stripped down deserves a small amount of criticism in my mind since it is night and day vs PC. But i agree they have made a "Fun" game besides the fact of cutting so much content. (I also think that the Consoles-VS-PC are different platforms, however i think that this game was/is misleading to console players who looked it up on PC first and got a different impression or played it on PC first like i did that being said its free so not like we wasted any money either) 

@Vindicator i disagree with you, everything ive seen, put and talked with on forums in the PC version theres little to no "Evidence" that suggest they listen to players since 99% of everything we suggested/wanted on the forums was ignored as far as any of us could tell even 100% liked items from the communtiy which wouldnt of made a negative impact on the game. So it dosnt really matter to even TRY to suggest stuff they dont listen. (My opinion though, i guess ppl can changed but after 4+ years i doubt they will.) 

Agree and disagree with the same person in 1 post lol thats a new one for me XD!

Edited by (Xbox)AvalancheW0lf, 02 July 2016 - 10:44 PM.

• (Xbox)Vindicator30 likes this

~A lonewolf will never live in this harsh world~

But don't fear join me as we kill as a pack not a lonewolf

https://www.twitch.tv/avalanchewolf

(Xbox)TheEnigmaShew

(Xbox)TheEnigmaShew

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 56 posts

Just a couple days into its launch and the developer team is keeping up with server issues and the marketplace issues though some of those are Microsofts fault on the release and pricing.  

But first we must admit, this game even with its minor glitches in the party system, and server connections is a much needed return to mech warfare on consoles. Not since Chromehounds have I had this much fun stomping around in 40 ton metal feet. It is an absolute blast, fun frantic.... I can't express how much I love it.

I have been into gaming since before there were consoles. 1977 til now. I have played every manner of game. I have seen polished console, to the glitchy. This is not as nearly bad as games I have paid hundreds of dollars for.

• CraftyDus, (Xbox)Vindicator30 and (Xbox)LordJim47 like this

XBox Ambassador, Desert Storm Veteran, Founder Enigma Gaming a club dedicated to gaming ethics and promoting co-op gameplay.

Clan [EV] Enigma Vanguard

(Xbox)Vindicator30

(Xbox)Vindicator30

• Xbox Members
  • 12 posts

I agree with you @vindicator the game from ALL of the mech games ive played by far is a step up, however i would have to disagree about this game needing "love", i think the amount of content they cut out and stripped down deserves a small amount of criticism in my mind since it is night and day vs PC. But i agree they have made a "Fun" game besides the fact of cutting so much content. (I also think that the Consoles-VS-PC are different platforms, however i think that this game was/is misleading to console players who looked it up on PC first and got a different impression or played it on PC first like i did that being said its free so not like we wasted any money either) 

@Vindicator i disagree with you, everything ive seen, put and talked with on forums in the PC version theres little to no "Evidence" that suggest they listen to players since 99% of everything we suggested/wanted on the forums was ignored as far as any of us could tell even 100% liked items from the communtiy which wouldnt of made a negative impact on the game. So it dosnt really matter to even TRY to suggest stuff they dont listen. (My opinion though, i guess ppl can changed but after 4+ years i doubt they will.) 

Agree and disagree with the same person in 1 post lol thats a new one for me XD!

I suppose I should have clarified something and for that I'm sorry. I don't have a PC that can play anything more intensive the Tetris. I know of this game as a PC title but beyond that I know little more than just the promo stuff. I don't know what was stipped out from the PC version only what we got on consoles. Why companies feel they need to give us console user effectively the "baby version" pisses me off more than a buggy game does. Lookin at you The Division. So criticize away, I'll probably end up agreeing with you.

And as far as them not listening to us on anything I feel it ties a bit into the above. I don't know. I've never done business with these people before. From that perspective I'm willing to give them a chance until they prove they don't deserve it. Then I'll toss them and their game off a bridge which from what you're saying is just a matter of time. Le sigh. I've reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealy been wanting some good console mech warfare!!

Agree and disagree with me? To me that's good conversation baby! :D

(Xbox)AvalancheW0lf

(Xbox)AvalancheW0lf

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 36 posts

Agree, i think s chance should be given but like i said before they havnt listened to there PC community for 3+years i highly doubt they will listen to the console community. Yeah, i see promise but the fact that it was a "baby version" felt almost like a alpha or beta of a game, heres the game its not ALL the way there but where going to ship it anyways *coughBF3cough*, fells like it was rushed, but it is free so were not out any money :)!

Edited by (Xbox)AvalancheW0lf, 03 July 2016 - 10:51 AM.

~A lonewolf will never live in this harsh world~

But don't fear join me as we kill as a pack not a lonewolf

https://www.twitch.tv/avalanchewolf

(Xbox)WutHathGOD Rott

(Xbox)WutHathGOD Rott

• Xbox Members
  • 8 posts
Lol why? These guys clearly have left a brown burning lunch bag at our doorstep... Then asked for our money lmao.. If I have to say anything it's that I hope they release a console version of Mechwarrior Online. I miss that game so Damn much.

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

i think the amount of content they cut out and stripped down deserves a small amount of criticism in my mind since it is night and day vs PC.

They have in fact ADDED assets to the console version that are as of yet unreleased on the PC version.

There is a lack of ability to swap out internals and items on the console version, which the PC players enjoy.

However ADH also cut the ability to customize mech builds back in 2013, in an effort to balance the game more.

Some people don't know how to build the strongest mech, and some do. Which led to large inequities between players apart from their mechanical skills.

It seems like reloaded has taken a note in that vein. We'll see how it works out.

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

(Xbox)WutHathGOD Rott

(Xbox)WutHathGOD Rott

• Xbox Members
  • 8 posts
There are tutorials to be made for those people instead of punishing the whole community.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Xbox One, Love, Like, Stream, Twitch, YouTube

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users