Bergwein

Bergwein

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Just stumbled upon this.

I feel strange now.

But hey - 6000 views in 5 days on a Hawken video.

Edit:
Also this reminded me just why people need a tutorial on how to play Siege properly.

Edited by Bergwein, 28 March 2017 - 12:55 AM.

• DieselCat, KarlSchlag, LaurenEmily and 3 others like this

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

I just can't force myself to finish watching that train wreck.  I didn't even make it 5 minutes.

The whole neck bobbing, and "urban" dialect (to say it nicely) really got on my nerve.

This is the best part though.

This video is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Meteor Entertainment, 505 Games, Adhesive Games or K2 Network.

I guess its kinda hard to be sponsored by 2 companies that don't exist anymore, she might as well say that Donald Trump doesn't support her either.

I wonder how you could of missed Reloaded Games, unless of course you couldn't find the game info on the official Reloaded Games website.

SMH.

• XPloyt, DieselCat, LaurenEmily and 3 others like this

[DELETED]

fuzzy bunny you CZeroFive 

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

6.000 views... 50 likes, 1 dis, 10 commentary... it's look a little strange.

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

Youtube_ExGodV

Youtube_ExGodV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Its all because of thumbnail click on video i guess... :yucky:  :yucky:

Noob plays games to prove being noob...

https://www.youtube....INP_sgTy49C8sLg

:ninja:  :wallbash:  :ninja:  :wallbash:

caduceus26

caduceus26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Terrible!  No clue about how to play Siege and as a result presents the game as not fun to play, notwithstanding the running commentary that added nothing to the understanding of either the strategy or the mechanics of the gameplay.

Not "interesting" or much of a "review."

• XPloyt, DieselCat and _Andrea_ like this

_Andrea_

_Andrea_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

This is just sad that such videos get 6000+ views, likes and Real professional video's of our best players cant even get 2000

also crap review on amazing game   :sick:  :sick:

Edited by _Andrea_, 28 March 2017 - 06:18 AM.

I dont need to get LIFE

:pirate:  :tongue:  :rolleyes:  :yes:  :no:I am gamer so i have lots of LIVES  :pirate:  :tongue:  :rolleyes:  :yes:  :no:

YOUTUBE CHANNEl :https://www.youtube....xed8oIjVdsqQVQw

Flight1ess

Flight1ess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Just the negative review we needed

/s

Edited by Flight1ess, 28 March 2017 - 07:06 AM.

Life is like a good book,

It makes more sense as you get into it ;D

tumblr_m91v02mYjw1qhnj8eo4_r2_500.gif

PETRONAS

PETRONAS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

that was one of the worse gameplay video's of Hawken I have ever tried to watch.  Just like a few others couldn't stand watching that past a few minutes.  UGH!  Some one that had/has no idea of how to play a high pace FPS game

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
I really don't see a player problem here as much as a game problem. A lot of us including myself often take for granted our current knowledge that we picked up in various ways over the course of years, so it's always interesting (at least personally) to see new players struggle to learn things we don't even have to think about and just do reflexively. I wasn't a huge fan of the video and it was kinda hard to sit through because yeah, those inauthentic mannerisms were grating, but it really demonstrates the need for a Siege tutorial like Berg said and also more comprehensive tutorials in general.
  • Robscancer, SS396, XPloyt and 3 others like this

d1eZeG3.png

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

This is just sad that such videos get 6000+ views, likes and Real professional video's of our best players cant even get 2000

The difference is simply the subscriber base involved.  I don't think the majority of people that watched that video were "hawken fanbois" searching for Hawken content.  I would estimate that the 6000 views were mostly from her 14k subscribers and they watched because they subbed to her channel and saw something new in their feeds.  Hawken has never had someone with a large Youtube or Twitch following that was also super skilled in the game.  They've had complete opposites, great player with low number of followers, or tens of thousands of followers with zero in game skill.  I think the best situation we ever really had was Roosterteeth, GassyMexican or Juicetra when they played the closed beta versions, granted their respective channels were much smaller back then but they had what I considered a good sized following at the time, and got many people interested in the game.  The crux of the whole thing is currently its not viable and there is no incentive for anyone with a relevant channel to bother promoting Hawken because there isn't a large audience demanding to watch it and if you don't produce what people want to watch, they will just go watch what they wanted somewhere else.  I've seen this on many channels were a relevant streamer loses tens of thousands of viewers the instant they switch to a different game.  

[DELETED]

_Andrea_

_Andrea_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

The difference is simply the subscriber base involved.  I don't think the majority of people that watched that video were "hawken fanbois" searching for Hawken content.  I would estimate that the 6000 views were mostly from her 14k subscribers and they watched because they subbed to her channel and saw something new in their feeds.  Hawken has never had someone with a large Youtube or Twitch following that was also super skilled in the game.  They've had complete opposites, great player with low number of followers, or tens of thousands of followers with zero in game skill.  I think the best situation we ever really had was Roosterteeth, GassyMexican or Juicetra when they played the closed beta versions, granted their respective channels were much smaller back then but they had what I considered a good sized following at the time, and got many people interested in the game.  The crux of the whole thing is currently its not viable and there is no incentive for anyone with a relevant channel to bother promoting Hawken because there isn't a large audience demanding to watch it and if you don't produce what people want to watch, they will just go watch what they wanted somewhere else.  I've seen this on many channels were a relevant streamer loses tens of thousands of viewers the instant they switch to a different game.  

Totally Agree with your point, It would be best if HAWKEN devs contact some of these best Youtubers with high Subscribers count to Play and try this game ..

maybe this will help to get more players to try this game too..

also after Console launch player count increased with some amount but still not enough on PC , i hope new PC relaunch Happens at least this year...

I dont need to get LIFE

:pirate:  :tongue:  :rolleyes:  :yes:  :no:I am gamer so i have lots of LIVES  :pirate:  :tongue:  :rolleyes:  :yes:  :no:

YOUTUBE CHANNEl :https://www.youtube....xed8oIjVdsqQVQw

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Totally Agree with your point, It would be best if HAWKEN devs contact some of these best Youtubers with high Subscribers count to Play and try this game ..

maybe this will help to get more players to try this game too..

also after Console launch player count increased with some amount but still not enough on PC , i hope new PC relaunch Happens at least this year...

The problem is Reloaded or whoever now owns Hawken needs to be willing to spend money in order to help convince some Youtuber or Twitch streamer with high sub count to advertise their game for them.  Theres also another problem that pops up where viewers vent their discontent at that content creator for what they see as selling out.

[DELETED]

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

I havent laughed that hard since i let my wife try hawken.....

Puck Flinging-Nade Lobbing-Troll Tech

r4GY0PF.jpg

::eoc Pred::Eoc/HC Infil::Vulcanador::Hawkins Tech::EOC Raider::

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

"Nothing says Good morning Like a well placed Nade"

XPloyt

XPloyt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

I'd be willing to bet if the default fov was set to 110 and controller sensitivity was set to 340, then your average player would suddenly get better, and have a different perspective... a better one, relative to Hawken. Playing the game at 60 fov is like playing the game through a magnifying glass, and because of this I believe folks subconsciously get the idea that it's more of a mech simulation game than an arena shooter. Putting the controller sensitivity to 340 allows the player to at least turn at the cap rate.

Reloaded, you need to change the default settings. I don't know if you think, or are aware the "simulation" perspective draws people in(if it actually does), but it does give a skewed representaton of the game to not only novice players, but to people who could be potential players. At the very least, it would make sense to touch on it in some form that would teach players that playing at the default settings may impact gameplay (negatively), which it does; I haven't seen anyone good play on default settings, just like in Rocket League, only with few exceptions. Just check the Twitch stream thumbnails: The inexperienced or casuals don't even bother adjusting settings - but why would they? They should assume default settings are optimal for gameplay, I'd imagine. Personally I like to adjust settings if my experience can be enhanced or my gameplay can improve, but not everyone is like that.

Edited by XPloyt, 02 April 2017 - 03:09 PM.

• DemitronPrime likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: review, weird, youtube

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users