• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Luaq

Luaq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

I have a high "score/min" :244.85 to be exact and I usually am 1:1 kd, what does it mean? I'm a good damage dealer/map objective scorer (Siege and MA)  but not good in 1v1?

How come the "pros" that I tend to hang out with have a score/min under 190?

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

I believe that stat is broken.

• Ker4u likes this

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Score/min is an awful stat. It is total garbage. Don't pay any attention to it. The only thing that indicates skill even remotely is mmr, and even that system has its flaws. 

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

Culex

Culex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Indeed, the stat is very outdated and includes statistics during the Hawken Advanced Battalion (a testing client of the game when it was possible to cap the MA silos for xp) and prior. It means nothing as of now until it is reset.

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

There is an 'Underdog Bonus' (generally) given to newer players for kills, also, I believe up to 15pts/kill (50% of the points paid for a full-damage kill).

The stat's thrown off by 2x multipliers too (when active).

As Merl and Culex said - ignore it

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

Crminimal

Crminimal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

I was under the impression that score was based on damage done. Not on kills. 

A team might have a higher score in for example TDM but still loose out on kills due to lost engagements.
So score/minute would ideally be a stat measuring how active you are in harassment, which is useless if you can't capitalize on.

It would be interesting to get a comprehensive guide to stats for the new players.
And is there a more detailed explanation to why the stat is broken?  ... ah gotcha!

Edited by Crminimal, 22 March 2015 - 03:34 PM.

Luaq

Luaq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

If I rephrase, what was it meant to do? What Crminimal said sounds like an answer. But yeah, I'm actively a useless nuisance if what he said is right. (If the stat wouldn't be broken)

Though it would be fun if such a stat would exist, because I like objectives more than deathmatch, unless you put me in a dome/arena for 1v1, I don't see the fun.

Edited by Luaq, 22 March 2015 - 07:50 PM.

Crminimal

Crminimal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

I think it could be a useful stat in TDM and if you can divide it as defensive when holding the AA and offensive while attacking the AA it could be a cool stat in Siege as well. High score/min while defending means you are holding off a push. High score/min while attacking is pretty much pure harrasment as in TDM.

By the way I would take their word that it is broken. Most of them, I know for a fact, are way more knowledgeable then me about details like this.

Edited by Crminimal, 23 March 2015 - 09:21 AM.

• Luaq likes this

Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

old players who had mechs before ascension will have broken stats

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

Depends when you started playing, I'm pretty sure my score per min stats are accurate, because I've only been playing for ~1 year now.

• Luaq likes this

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users