Photo

The M187 Touchdown!

- - - - - M187 New weapon Suggestion Bomb opinion explosion Hawken weapon ideas Touchdown

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

YourDJ

YourDJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

M= Model

series= 187th

Nickname = The Touchdown

drawn sketch -  http://imgur.com/gal...ry/3L8ajs6/new  * also posted at the bottom *

A fairly simply bomb, yes a bomb, there are no rockets here my friend! Unlike like the TOW this has no rockets, and being so it will not travel in the air the same. 

As a TOW`s rocket would go straight and will only explode if hitting anything in its straight path or pre-detonation,the M187 will not. It will travel when fired at an angle of 20 degrees, this means it will not travel straight and so if you where to want too trick shot someone or shoot from a farther range then the weapon is intended you would have to increase the angle * simply put ... AIM HIGHER !*

Allow me to ask your imagination something ... 

Imagine you are in a 3 on 3 conflict in your favorite map, you play a fast mech,  and are dodging the enemy but they are turning there attention towereds you and you cant keep up. . . 

your Health is low and theirs is higher then yours , Your units fire down range and you jump into the air over head of the enemy and fire down with your m187 . . .

. . . Touchdown!

Now here is something you have probably noticed about the M187 ... It looks like the RPG-7 doesn't it? well you are correct it does in more then one aspect. And here are some key features 

For our American pilots it would seem the Bomb on the front looks like a giant football and that is correct. The detonation pin as seen is in the nose and exposed for contact detonation as it is very sensitive , This makes the bomb have an outdated look and a  old fashion feel to it while still looking modern.

There is a firing lock on the top of the body that hooks onto the bomb , and De-hooks when firing , sounding off a very satisfying Cla-CLing! sound when fired releasing the bomb 

In the absolutely crappy sketch you will notice a Box like storage under the body of the Launcher, This is the storage for the ammo and bombs are stored withen it which are carried out by a converter on the body of the launcher and placed into the barrel for firing  

The Damage the weapon can out put will depend on how much heat the weapon outputs / recoil / reload speed / explosion radios / rang 

This concludes My M187 Touchdown and hope you all find it fascinating!

I would love to hear your suggestions and will try to answer any questions  *no American jokes please *  

3L8ajs6.jpg

Edited by YourDJ, 18 May 2015 - 02:23 PM.

Where the party at?

Loglino

Loglino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Seems like an interesting concept, except the bomb-thing itself looks too fat in my opinion.

I have nothing else to say.

• YourDJ likes this

Mind the fact that pizza is my avatar.
Pizza is cool and you know it.

<3 HAWKEN

YourDJ

YourDJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Seems like an interesting concept, except the bomb-thing itself looks too fat in my opinion.

I have nothing else to say.

I figured if it was of normal size then it would look to much like an rpg. It being weirdly larg and bulky looking makes it look unique * opinion * :D

Where the party at?

Roarschak

Roarschak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Content aside, I think it's awesome that you're playing with new ideas that (who knows) could one day lead to an addition to the game. :thumbsup:

I like the idea as well, seems like it would take skill to leverage properly, but very cool.

• YourDJ likes this

dRseZPl.jpg

YourDJ

YourDJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Content aside, I think it's awesome that you're playing with new ideas that (who knows) could one day lead to an addition to the game. :thumbsup:

I like the idea as well, seems like it would take skill to leverage properly, but very cool.

thank you it means alot ^-^

Where the party at?

Lioot

Lioot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
Curved missles? Or bombs. Real things have curves

And yes, I can imagine curving it

MajyckToad

MajyckToad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

now if we can get the 2 year old argument about SS and Reep getting some realistic ballistic trajectory drop over distance.....

good idea tho. really.

disclaimer: due to the obvious difficulty of inheriting someone else MMOFPS with Zero or little better Documentation for its code, and the inherent time consuming spelunking required, do NOT expect anything of substance to be changed or added to the game for the next 24 hours. or weeks.

hee hee. i'd make a smurf called Joy Killer if Asian hadn't beat me to it.

Unicorn Lithium Salad indeed (AJK: you oughta talk to ReLoaded about getting that back).

:)

BkeETgs.jpg

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
So this is like the Corsair KLA?

Thank you for your time,

YourDJ

YourDJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

now if we can get the 2 year old argument about SS and Reep getting some realistic ballistic trajectory drop over distance.....

good idea tho. really.

disclaimer: due to the obvious difficulty of inheriting someone else MMOFPS with Zero or little better Documentation for its code, and the inherent time consuming spelunking required, do NOT expect anything of substance to be changed or added to the game for the next 24 hours. or weeks.

hee hee. i'd make a smurf called Joy Killer if Asian hadn't beat me to it.

Unicorn Lithium Salad indeed (AJK: you oughta talk to ReLoaded about getting that back).

:)

I Got the Disclaimer of your down ... other then that i have not a clue what your on about sorry XD

Where the party at?

Lioot

Lioot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

But it can't change modes. And it is obviously the M187

YourDJ

YourDJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Thank you all for the feed back so far :D

Where the party at?

YourDJ

YourDJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

The grenade launcher? No and yes,  just as there are 3 different types of machine guns this will still fit into the category of a grenade while still being a rocket like the TOW.

* hencing why an RPG is called a rocket propelled grenade *

And as a TOW it would be a secondary that cant be changed out.  fallowing the characteristics stated. 

Where the party at?

thenumbercruncher1

thenumbercruncher1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Grenade Launcher any one?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: M187, New weapon, Suggestion, Bomb, opinion, explosion, Hawken weapon ideas, Touchdown

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users