Photo

Change the CR-T Recruit's class icon from a thermometer to a TV.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

spinningchurro

spinningchurro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

This thing:

Z5YQBPb.jpg

Change it to a small boxy TV with an antennae so we can differentiate between Assault and Fred.

Zuurkern

Zuurkern

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Lol you read my mind mate.

I was going to design a new one and propose it.

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts
Or maybe an "r" where the "2" is on the g2 ability icon.

Showing the difference would be very helpful.
  • HassanTheAssassin and CobraJD like this

Spoiler

HassanTheAssassin

HassanTheAssassin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

or just put a 1 by it for the G1 Assault, since it was introduced after the Fred (in the post Dec 2012 iteration). First come, first served.

good idea, though. how many times have i been annoyed that i was the only Assault on the team when starting in a Fred-Fest tdm (or vice-versa)?

6ABoEdp.png

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts
I dunno. That class icon helps determine how you counter that class, and since the stats on the Fred and assault are relatively close - slight difference In specs, but same ability and same weapons, I wouldn't think that gameplay hinges too much on telling the difference between the two.
  • Erzunterweltler likes this

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

Erzunterweltler

Erzunterweltler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

I'm one of many players who have got the Fred's Chassis on the Assault and the other way around. Don't even think about ruining this.

BIsmuthZornisse

BIsmuthZornisse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
if we change the icon, we can also slightly tweak the abilty while we're at it, right?
i had an idea about a "coolant 0" that prevents heat generation for a shorter duration, but also has a shorter cooldown time. like a more newbie-friendy variant of the assault's ability (although that one's easy in the place).
is this idea terrible?

regardless, i would't be opposed to a minor icon change for the cr-t recruit, although the currently strong similiarity between recruit and assault might make this a low priority.

I have a lot of ideas and would like some feedback on them:

Suggestions for fixing things:

https://community.pl...of-suggestions/

Suggestions for new things:

https://community.pl...for-new-things/

spinningchurro

spinningchurro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Lol you read my mind mate.

I was going to design a new one and propose it.

DO IT DO IT DO IT GOGOGO

I dunno. That class icon helps determine how you counter that class, and since the stats on the Fred and assault are relatively close - slight difference In specs, but same ability and same weapons, I wouldn't think that gameplay hinges too much on telling the difference between the two.

My suggestion has no  impact on your concerns.  If a player sees the assault icon, they'll know it's an assault and act accordignly.  If a player sees the Fred icon, same thing.  If I was nitpicking I'd say that separate icons are better for preparing a counter because they're exactly mech-specific.  Fred and assault are the only mechs that share an icon, and I figure this is an easy-to-implement change.

Erzunterwelter: ;_;   It doesn't make that much of a difference does it?  I find it hard to see anyone being surprised enough to affect gameplay.

Broham78

Broham78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
I always thought Fred should have old TV antennas with foil on them as part of the upper. We used to call the rabbit ears.

wGoUz2B.gif

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Oh I like this!

If this gets implemented ima go play coop not destruct! XD

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

Since the mech icons represent the mech special ability, and we want to change the CR-T's icon to a "TV"....

The CR-T's new special ability should be to have its "screen" start displaying scenes from retro TV shows, along with the audio (turned up real loud like at grandma's house).  It would be a massive distraction to other players who hesitate to kill you because they are like "Oh Man!  I remember this episode and what happens next is..." OOOPS!  You're dead.

• claisolais and talons1337 like this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Lol should be a taunt tho XD

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

claisolais

claisolais

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Since the mech icons represent the mech special ability, and we want to change the CR-T's icon to a "TV"....

The CR-T's new special ability should be to have its "screen" start displaying scenes from retro TV shows, along with the audio (turned up real loud like at grandma's house). It would be a massive distraction to other players who hesitate to kill you because they are like "Oh Man! I remember this episode and what happens next is..." OOOPS! You're dead.

PLS at least make it happends in a seperate game mode, I want it sooo badly Lol

Edited by claisolais, 10 June 2015 - 05:08 PM.

Ic6j9zJ.png

XPloyt

XPloyt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Edited by XPloyt, 26 June 2015 - 06:51 PM.

• spinningchurro likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users