• This topic is locked This topic is locked
125 replies to this topic

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

Do private server owners have a method of being able to automatically ban user accounts? Is there a blacklist that they'd be willing to collaborate on and circulate around? I get the impression that my fellow Hawken players would be much more likely to do something about this issue rather than the people who actually maintain this game.

Nope, if you don't have a password set on the server you just have to keep kicking them. Ability to blacklist would be nice

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Well ain't that a shame.

• eth0 likes this

8) Tech in the streets, Brawler in the sheets (8

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

nvm

Edited by DallasCreeper, 28 January 2016 - 02:26 PM.

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Nope, if you don't have a password set on the server you just have to keep kicking them. Ability to blacklist would be nice

I agree that it would be good to have a blacklist for private servers, but if they are rolling new accounts and just aimbotting on Assault then it may need to ban the player by IP.

Perhaps when a player is banned it could record their IP at the time, so you can compare whether another player gets banned from the same IP. If two players get banned from one IP then the IP can be banned.

If two private servers ban the same player/IP then it could auto propagate to other private servers if they opt in to receive blacklist updates.

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
I don't see any genuinely useful solution outside of an anticheat aside from autobanning accounts with an abnormally high accuracy of ?x (x depending on the weapon) after they reach y kills with a weapon. 200 kills at 60% accuracy with SMG/AR/Vulcan seems like a good place to start. While admittedly that's possible to get as a high-MMR smurf if you only play new players and specifically focus on being as accurate with your primary as possible, it's not something any legit player can maintain playing normally and is an accuracy most aimbotters seem to exceed. Shots made at ?z meters (with z also depending on the weapon) from the nearest enemy or before the match starts shouldn't count to prevent people intentionally lowering their accuracies as much as possible outside fights.
  • SOD_CyberTormentor likes this

d1eZeG3.png

LRod

LRod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

still, already lasted longer than Hughes

Hughes...I try to be mad...I try to get upset about hearing (reading) his name... but ultimately, Hughes was a good steward of this game, and I still believe he was as disappointed about all of "it" as we were.  A burst of secondaries for the old "cap'n"!  Hip-hip; Hooray!!

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting"  - Sun Tzu

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

I don't see any genuinely useful solution outside of an anticheat aside from autobanning accounts with an abnormally high accuracy... blah blah

So all an aimbotter needs to do is spam bullets at the wall while in the starting pen to get really bad accuracy then business as usual?

ATX22

ATX22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

So all an aimbotter needs to do is spam bullets at the wall while in the starting pen to get really bad accuracy then business as usual?

Pretty much.  Just about any system anyone can come up with, someone else will find a way to break it.

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
In the fine world of WmMoney when in game someone hits a critical level where there is no doubt about them not being a normal player game should lock into cheater mode. Everyone except the player the game ids gets buffed and becomes 1 team all against the botter. Game will rest to normal mode once the cheater quits. MUAHAHAHA. HIS LORD, THE ALMIGHTY EOC APPROVES OF THIS POST !!

wmmoney.png

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Shots made at ?z meters (with z also depending on the weapon) from the nearest enemy or before the match starts shouldn't count to prevent people intentionally lowering their accuracies as much as possible outside fights.

• coldform and Rainbow_Sheep like this

d1eZeG3.png

Pleasure_Mortar

Pleasure_Mortar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Funny how no one's even asking for a new dev update. Seems like people have given up.

I know I have

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

It has always puzzled me that breaking the turn cap and speed hacking are possible. It seems like something that you could easily detect and auto-kick from server side.

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

Durandal1707

Durandal1707

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Can you prove they were hacking? did you record it?
If you didn't then I presume they were just better players than you. Too many people get butthurt by good players and call hax. I will only endorse hacusations with convincing video evidence.

My little one... if only you knew...

Here, let me en-light you:

https://community.pl...speeds/?p=78326

No no, no need to thank me.

Superkamikazee

Superkamikazee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts
#WhereisReloaded
  • crockrocket and DeeRax like this

No crew

talon70

talon70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

In the fine world of WmMoney when in game someone hits a critical level where there is no doubt about them not being a normal player game should lock into cheater mode. Everyone except the player the game ids gets buffed and becomes 1 team all against the botter. Game will rest to normal mode once the cheater quits. MUAHAHAHA. HIS LORD, THE ALMIGHTY EOC APPROVES OF THIS POST !!

I often have to read your posts a couple of times before i get the point . I have come to the conclusion smoke in mid-west must be the south o border seedy variety. It is poison. Don't do it.

Edit: oh wait sorry, thought it was William from Mississippi, my bad.

Edited by talon70, 30 January 2016 - 01:26 PM.

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

#WhereisReloaded

Yeah seriously. Get your sh*t together reloaded

• Superkamikazee and DeeRax like this

JgQjgkx.png

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

I often have to read your posts a couple of times before i get the point . I have come to the conclusion smoke in mid-west must be the south o border seedy variety. It is poison. Don't do it.

Edit: oh wait sorry, thought it was William from Mississippi, my bad.

Ha! No worries. Stay away from twigs and berries, always good advice! THE BLINKING RED LIGHT POSTS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS !!

wmmoney.png

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

In case no one read this last year, here is a archive of it. https://www.reddit.c...hawken_players/

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

In case no one read this last year, here is a archive of it. https://www.reddit.c...hawken_players/

while valid in reference to apb, i'm not sure how valid it is in regards to hawken given the stuff that's been said in dev streams and the comments.  yes it's something to consider but also consider what they've said.  i doubt the same has happened to hawken because g1 had the say for apb while here there isn't much/any influence from them for hawken.  valid post, idk the value in regards to hawken.

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Time will tell Silver. And here is the bottom line. This is a game. They are the people who own it. Their activity or lack of in this game in the past month or so is not how it is done in the game industry. You may say well so or so company did this or that. Yeah and they were snakes, and it does not make it right. This is NOT how you treat customers who have spent real money on a game. A beta game. People who have financially tried to support them. Who defended them on the forums here and others and in game. Personally, I came to this game in Feb of last year to find 9 months of my game time gone. All the items I bought gone, all the items i earned, gone. My beta skin gone. I've been told I didn't join in Oct of 2012, that I joined in June/July/whatever of 2013. BS. I know when I joined. They gave me some credits to replace some of what I lost. They have been telling me for a year now they can't "find" the beta skin. I have still tried to believe what they say, and have spent even more money trying to help them get the game to where it needs to be. (Yeah I know shame on me for believing.)

I think maybe you can understand how I must feel just a little bit jaded with the current situation? I am not freaking out. I am not going off. I am concerned and rightfully so. I am still here. I do still play. I am still trying. I have not given up yet or you would not be reading this post.

Edited by Nov8tr, 02 February 2016 - 05:44 PM.

• Superkamikazee and Pleasure_Mortar like this

aEGHJsh.gif?1

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

To be honest, i feel it's fine there hasn't been anything mentioned, they way its been brought up is that they cant talk about what they are working on in specifics, and if they did come out with a weekly update, without specifics people would just naysay it with "technical debt" kind of comments as to why nothing has been done yet, end of days, etc. They said something would be released for the summer sale, now if nothing happens for that we can revisit this again, till that point, lets have fun in game. Don't get me wrong, id love an update, but if thats not in the cards at the moment i'm not gona fret about it, particularly if it doesn't reveal any new info, its time josh could spend working on whatever secret genetic enhancements he has planned for our beloved bunnies.

• eth0, DieselCat and 6ixxer like this

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Fun? Are you kidding? How? Cheating is rampant now. ANYONE who says they don't see it, needs to get their head out of where the sun don't shine. It is hard to find a match without someone cheating now. I've been play about 3 hours now. In the EU and NA. So far I have seen multiple speed mods. Aimbots and wallhacks. And someone using the "kill" button. A mod that allows you to instantly cause a player to die. I spawned 5 times and instantly died. After death NO MECH TO FOLLOW. I have had invisible C mechs. To sight and radar. I've had Assaults that stayed invisible after being damaged and well they don't have the cloak ability. And it was 100% invisible, not sort of like cloak, not even pred cloak. I've seen that one a few times before. They usually only use that a few times during a match so as few as people as possible notice. How am I suppose to have fun with that? Or with the Party teams stomping from match to match. Saw the same group today in 3 different matches. Saw the same group in 2 different kinds of matches. PARTY groups are NOT for PUB matches. That is a loser wimp tactic for asshats. So tell me, where is the fun at? I'm having a hard time finding it in the past week. AND RELOADED DOES NOTHING.

Edited by Nov8tr, 02 February 2016 - 05:51 PM.

• DerMax, Nightfirebolt and gArphEus like this

aEGHJsh.gif?1

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

+1, I'm with JV.

They told us they have hired staff and are working on things.

As much as I would love the patch to come soon, I don't want it half-baked.

As much as I'd love an influx of new players in my region, it needs to wait for the game to have a good experience that retains players.

Give them time to work.

I'll make do playing bot matches and working on my less used mechs.

Good things will come.

• DieselCat likes this

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Nov8tr, anticheat needs the client patched amongst other things.

Everyone calls for anti-cheat measures like its an easy thing to do.

I'm pretty sure the devs have said they are working on it.

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

6ixxer, there are a number of commercial products avaibable now. Some have even been posted on the forums by other users in other threads. Several of the new ones look really good and don't require Reloaded to write anything, or change the game code. Many today use the launcher PRIOR to the game loading. The old days of Punk Buster are long over. Anti cheat code has come far from what it was even 3 yrs ago. They have "told us" a lot of things. Take care and see ya in game mate.

aEGHJsh.gif?1

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Fair enough mate...

Theres no hackers on Oceanic servers...

...cos theres no one on oceanic servers O_o

...except me.

Maybe I should start hacking so people visiting from Asia feel at home :P

When I play Asia my ping is so bad that everyone has aimbot and teleport hax except me :(

Edited by 6ixxer, 02 February 2016 - 07:19 PM.

• Nov8tr likes this

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Yeah I have to admit 6 Asia is the hands down winner on hackers. (and lag, insane lag, miles of really nasty lag)  No where else is even close. I've seen entire side (yes I know only 3 can be a party, BUT somehow they have found the ability to keep all 5 or 6 together for EVERY match over and over) that were using hax. I've even had a couple BRAG about it and tell me I was "stupid" they are allowed to use cheats. ROFL......uh yeah :rolleyes: I see 1 or 2 people down under playing once in awhile. I am assuming you are one of them mate. Sorry bout that. Wish there was something I could do to help. I know it's like........ :wallbash:

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Proctor

Proctor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I've played over 100 matches in the last two weeks on EU servers and haven't encounter a case of hacking....

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

To get over the fun-crushing monotony that is hackers, I make up a little game where i try my hardest to kill them or get them to quit, even though the odds are stacked against me. It's like me dueling Xacius... and winning(true story, kind of).

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

XFXFuryX

XFXFuryX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

That is the dumbest thing I ever heard of. If you continue to fight the hackers and ignore the hack itself, you are never going to win.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

Is it possible... just maybe... that the same organization who owns ReLoaded... also owns the company who is selling the cheats for Hawken?

• eth0 likes this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Is it possible... just maybe... that the same organization who owns ReLoaded... also owns the company who is selling the cheats for Hawken?

AxtzziK.gif

• Meraple, n3onfx, -Tj- and 1 other like this

Pubstomping is a whole different strategic discussion, however, and usually just becomes an exploration of the ethics of dumpstering randos.

UYoy63i.png

Why mech game make when you no mech game have you don't want to make? 

n3onfx

n3onfx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

wat.gif

Someone took the time and effort to make this gif, not to mention coming up with the idea itself. Just let that sink in.

Edited by neon, 04 February 2016 - 12:16 PM.

• Drrt4 likes this

t

t

DWEH3ZP.png   CRITICAL  RqKpxHn.png    ASSIST   VDNrFxD.png

t

t

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

AxtzziK.gif

artworks-000088340716-i51oq5-t500x500.jp

• Meraple, -Tj- and eth0 like this

JgQjgkx.png

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

I've played over 100 matches in the last two weeks on EU servers and haven't encounter a case of hacking....

Then you either do not have a clue what to look for. Do not want a clue what to look for. Or are lying out your backside. I would hope it's the first and you just don't know. NA has a large amount of cheating going on, large. EU has a massive amount of cheating going on, more the NA. SA has almost nothing, but their servers are almost never ever used by anyone. OCEANIA has virtually zero cheating but then their servers are rarely used and only a handful of ppl play on them. And ASIA is the king of cheaters by a huge margin more than everything else combined. It's almost a way of life there. I can remember when cheating in EU would have gotten you ostrasized almost immediately. I have large amount of friends in the Guild KDR that I still have faith in. I think they would tell you a different view than yours mate. Take care and have fun.

• gArphEus and WmMoneyFrmMissouri like this

aEGHJsh.gif?1

gArphEus

gArphEus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Fun? Are you kidding? How? Cheating is rampant now. ANYONE who says they don't see it, needs to get their head out of where the sun don't shine. It is hard to find a match without someone cheating now. I've been play about 3 hours now. In the EU and NA. So far I have seen multiple speed mods. Aimbots and wallhacks. And someone using the "kill" button. A mod that allows you to instantly cause a player to die. I spawned 5 times and instantly died. After death NO MECH TO FOLLOW. I have had invisible C mechs. To sight and radar. I've had Assaults that stayed invisible after being damaged and well they don't have the cloak ability. And it was 100% invisible, not sort of like cloak, not even pred cloak. I've seen that one a few times before. They usually only use that a few times during a match so as few as people as possible notice. How am I suppose to have fun with that? Or with the Party teams stomping from match to match. Saw the same group today in 3 different matches. Saw the same group in 2 different kinds of matches. PARTY groups are NOT for PUB matches. That is a loser wimp tactic for asshats. So tell me, where is the fun at? I'm having a hard time finding it in the past week. AND RELOADED DOES NOTHING.

Affirmative - sighted a C-class invisible 2 radar in the spawn zone face 2 face - it was 1 of my teammates. He wasn't even indicated on the radar while firing... Totally blank - absolutely nothing to spot.

Then consider yourself a lucky guy, dude... The situation on the EU servers is so worse on some days, i wonda how you passed by them damn cheetahs without notice... Would you mind 2 tell me that trick?

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
I found a hacker last night.
He was dropping these items that let his whole team see through walls....
  • DallasCreeper likes this

Draco3

Draco3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Back to the topic at hand

RELOADED WHERE ARE YOU??!!!!  

• americanbrit14 likes this

Arkhaun

Arkhaun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

i think reloaded is gettin ready for the either pre-patch update or the "PAETCH"

and thats what makes sense seeing as they got their hiring done just before the new year which means new budgets, quarters, etc... let alone new hires on a three yr old project around this season has gotta be hard to finangle schedule-wise

SORRY CAPS

170323-R9tPRfBFIQ79.jpg

Arkhaun

Arkhaun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

I found a hacker last night.
He was dropping these items that let his whole team see through walls....

scanner and maybe his team could tell the difference in blip speed as to determine air or ground-based incomings

SORRY CAPS

170323-R9tPRfBFIQ79.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users