• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

I just realized that it is now July 1st, and I can legally (state anyway) smoke marijuana. Unfortunately, there won't be any way to legally acquire said product until possibly as late as end of 2016 (unless you grow it yourself). No officer, I don't know how I got this weed, but I'm allowed to have it!

• dorobo, _incitatus, LRod and 9 others like this

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

System64

System64

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

I need to see to believe...

d9133aa6ec.jpg

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

• SOD_CyberTormentor and Badtings like this

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

lucky bastards..

tumblr_nn4372R16e1u0x692o1_500.gif

• Badtings likes this

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Hopefully they archieve the same here as well. Currently our childish politicans are discussing about it.

• Badtings likes this

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

System64

System64

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

tobacco-vs-cannabis.jpg

EDIT: Some of those benefits with weed are false, I was being too shallow.

Edited by ??ß?Ø؃??, 01 July 2015 - 03:20 PM.

• dorobo, Elite_is_salty, CrimsonKaim and 3 others like this

d9133aa6ec.jpg

Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Bleh

A minor note:

You can get addicted to cannabis. You can also get addicted to as good as everything.

I do not see why weed is a big deal at all. Alright it is legal for you to do it there. K, alright. It is also legal many other places. And sure, if it had been legal here too I would have probably tried but since it isn`t, why bother? And I have heard the arguments against my view before, but  I still stand on it. If it is legal there, great. Do whatever you want. If it is illegal, don`t do it there.

Edited by Sir Aregon, 01 July 2015 - 04:18 AM.

• crockrocket and JackVandal like this

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero
v9KKbH9.png
Spoiler

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

It would be nice all the way around if they had legal, competitive distributors/shops as well. Washington and Colorado did a good thing, but the State-approved dope is up to 1 1/2 times the price of street dope and this has ramped up the violent criminal problems there. Not smart. The incentive to save $100 to $200 by NOT buying from a legal store seems to be irresistable, even with the risk of being robbed or murdered.

If you're going to decriminalize it, do it right. :thumbsup:

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

The US government did have a medical marijuana program, although last time I checked a few years ago only a few people were on it and it was being phased out.

In any case, I'm pretty mixed about it's legalization due to what might happen with various sellers and that fact that I think more people would smoke it, which given how things are set up now, *will* cause more problems.You already got drug screenings and people getting drunk (and all associated issues) and various questionable sellers of certain types of weed.

• EM1O likes this

Sp3ctrr

Sp3ctrr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

The issue with weed is the stronger stuff, some chuckle f*ck thought it would be a good idea to selectively breed the weed so it was super strong.

That stuff is nasty, not speaking from personal experience or anything. 

The weaker stuff is okay, but I still wouldn't try it.

Welcome_To_The_Enclave.png

Spoiler

HepTagoN

HepTagoN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

You did not read wrong, cannabis DOES cure cancer.

Info or did not happen. I think it should be legal but lets not spread fuzzy bunny, okay?

EDIT, also saying that was used as medical treatment, that is not true. Only as a painkiller, so eh. Nothing special. Alcohol soften pain as well. But if you would drink it all the time (to make pain gone) you brain would be wrecked. I wonder what would be result of being high all the time. I think ibuprom is better option.

Edited by HepTagoN, 01 July 2015 - 06:46 AM.

hoghead

hoghead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

blood-moon.jpgApparently there was a blood moon last night and according to some un- named government sources it is being blamed on the haze from all the pot being smoked in Canada drifting down into the mid-western states.

Edited by hoghead, 01 July 2015 - 07:22 AM.

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

EDIT, also saying that was used as medical treatment, that is not true. Only as a painkiller, so eh.

I've heard it can be used for certain respiratory problems.

LRod

LRod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Very cool!  I just got my MMJ card last week and have been very happy with the results.  About two years ago, I shattered my ankle (tibia, fibula, and talus) so badly that the initial prognosis was to simply remove the foot and replace with a prostetic, second opinion was to keep the foot but fuse the joint in place.  Luckily, I found a surgeon that could repair the damage, but at a cost of some mobility, and through the use of three plates, 16 pins, and a bone graft.  Everything was great, but I ended up on a high dose of dilaudid (synthetic morphenine), for pain mangement, that left me in a constant haze of apathy, mood swings, and depression.  After three months of depending on that nasty pharmacutical crap, I weened myself off of dilaudid, became miserable, and spent about three weeks dealing with severe withdrawl symptoms...shakes, mood swings, cramps, insomnia, etc.   Then a buddy suggested smoking a little dope for the pain from the ankle and for the withdrawl symptoms.  Presto!!!  Worked like a charm with few side effects, an amazing ability to control the pain, and no fear of becoming either addicted or that I might overdose.  I have since returned to work, have rehabbed my ankle to the point of being able to hike/moutain climb on the weekends, and can manage the pain with judicious use of marijuana.  Now that I have my MMJ card, I can purchase it in a clean, safe, and regulated environment and I never have to worry about buying from some shady dealer, where it came from, its THC level, or if it was grown without the use of pesticides/herbicides.  There is a lot of misinformation, myths, and stigma associated with the use of marijuana...the biggest convincer for me was my own personal experience and its amazing effectivity when compared to the crap the pharmacuetical industry peddles on a daily basis.  If you watch commercials for drugs, pay attention to all of the legal disclosure on risks and side effects, and remember that marijuana's side effects are: you're going to be really happy, you might feel like snacking, and could even end up needing to take a nap. 

• Badtings likes this

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting"  - Sun Tzu

KaylaClaire

KaylaClaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Marijuana is nice. I don't consider it a drug, Where I live it is legal, third part of 'murica to legalize it. They handle it like Alcohol, which I think it a good idea, no driving under the influence etc etc.
it's only a matter of time until it is legal in all 50 states.

(Disclaimer: I do not advocate Marijuana use, check with your local laws on the legality of this plant.)

• DeeRax likes this

~*~*~*~The Pink Comet~*~*~*~

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Stuff

This needs cheesy music. Or Reggae.

• LRod likes this

LRod

LRod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
lol...you're right, it is a little on the cheesey side.

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting"  - Sun Tzu

hellc9943

hellc9943

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

tobacco-vs-cannabis.jpg

DISCLAIMER: I do NOT do drugs (yet... anything can happen at some point)

As long as you smoke a joint rolled in normal cigarette paper or as a blunt, you can be pretty sure it causes cancer. If you consume it like most in my country do, rolled in cigarette paper and mixed with tobacco, a single joint is 20 times more toxic than a regular cigarette. The joint on that image pretty sure isn't healthy.

Also, if i drive under the influence of cigarettes, nothing bad will happen. Driving stoned, now, that's something entirely different. The list goes on.

I've seen people having wasted their life thanks to weed and I've seen people dying due to cancer of cigarettes, weed addiction with long time daily use can have some nasty effects on your psyche as well as your brain. Not so much for cigarettes, you'd probably just die sooner.

That said, I'm all for legalization but comparing one drug to another is just a stupid way to promote said drug.

Festivals end, as festivals must

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

Very cool! I just got my MMJ card last week and have been very happy with the results. About two years ago, I shattered my ankle (tibia, fibula, and talus) so badly that the initial prognosis was to simply remove the foot and replace with a prostetic, second opinion was to keep the foot but fuse the joint in place. Luckily, I found a surgeon that could repair the damage, but at a cost of some mobility, and through the use of three plates, 16 pins, and a bone graft. Everything was great, but I ended up on a high dose of dilaudid (synthetic morphenine), for pain mangement, that left me in a constant haze of apathy, mood swings, and depression. After three months of depending on that nasty pharmacutical crap, I weened myself off of dilaudid, became miserable, and spent about three weeks dealing with severe withdrawl symptoms...shakes, mood swings, cramps, insomnia, etc. Then a buddy suggested smoking a little dope for the pain from the ankle and for the withdrawl symptoms. Presto!!! Worked like a charm with few side effects, an amazing ability to control the pain, and no fear of becoming either addicted or that I might overdose. I have since returned to work, have rehabbed my ankle to the point of being able to hike/moutain climb on the weekends, and can manage the pain with judicious use of marijuana. Now that I have my MMJ card, I can purchase it in a clean, safe, and regulated environment and I never have to worry about buying from some shady dealer, where it came from, its THC level, or if it was grown without the use of pesticides/herbicides. There is a lot of misinformation, myths, and stigma associated with the use of marijuana...the biggest convincer for me was my own personal experience and its amazing effectivity when compared to the crap the pharmacuetical industry peddles on a daily basis. If you watch commercials for drugs, pay attention to all of the legal disclosure on risks and side effects, and remember that marijuana's side effects are: you're going to be really happy, you might feel like snacking, and could even end up needing to take a nap.

I strangely relate to all of this. I used to work with the director of the medical marijuana program for the state of Connecticut. He owns a pain management clinic. This is the sort of thing I would hear all the time.

Come to think of it, we actually got a lot of people from Maine driving down. I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if I've actually read your case.

That being said, we were only allowed to prescribe for residents of CT, so now that I'm thinking about it a little harder, I do doubt it a bit.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, 01 July 2015 - 10:23 AM.

• LRod likes this

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

As long as you smoke a joint rolled in normal cigarette paper or as a blunt, you can be pretty sure it causes cancer. If you consume it like most in my country do, rolled in cigarette paper and mixed with tobacco, a single joint is 20 times more toxic than a regular cigarette. The joint on that image pretty sure isn't healthy.

Also, if i drive under the influence of cigarettes, nothing bad will happen. Driving stoned, now, that's something entirely different. The list goes on.

I've seen people having wasted their life thanks to weed and I've seen people dying due to cancer of cigarettes, weed addiction with long time daily use can have some nasty effects on your psyche as well as your brain. Not so much for cigarettes, you'd probably just die sooner.

That said, I'm all for legalization but comparing one drug to another is just a stupid way to promote said drug.

All drugs are bad for you. There exist no drug that is good for you.

CRITICAL ASSIST

v9KKbH9.png
Spoiler

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

tobacco-vs-cannabis.jpg

DISCLAIMER: I do NOT do drugs (yet... anything can happen at some point)

This is dumb and wrong. I'm a huge supporter of drug legalization and harm reduction via regulation, but misinformation in the form of counter-propaganda isn't helping anyone. 

Re: the first two pictures and the cancer point, a lot of those are products of the incomplete combustion of organic matter in general and aren't specific to cigarettes--burning weed undergoes many of the same pyrolysis and partial oxidation reactions that burning tobacco does. Nicotine itself is likely to be a minor carcinogen while some cannabinoids have modest in vitro anti-tumor and anti-carcinogenic properties (this doesn't necessarily mean that those effects will translate into actual in vivo benefits, though), but many of the same compounds are present and still do damage (aside from acetone and butane, which are both essentially nontoxic and don't bioaccumulate so they shouldn't be on there in the first place). The major difference is that people don't tend to smoke the equivalent of a pack of cigarettes of weed every day, so the total exposure to toxic compounds is far less and likely doesn't result in pulmonary damage with light-moderate use. tl;dr vaporize or use extracts if you want virtually no risk of lung issues

Also, while tobacco is unquestionably more addictive, marijuana can certainly cause psychological dependence. 

You're also wrong, though. Simultaneous smoking of tobacco and marijuana is more harmful than just smoking tobacco despite marijuana probably not being damaging when used in reasonable amounts by itself, but that "20 times more toxic" is an often-repeated statement with absolutely no basis in reality.

The issue people have with stoned-driving laws is that there's currently no device analogous to a breathalyzer that detects if someone is currently intoxicated and not just if they've used within the past few days, so that makes it hard to enforce fair regulations. People definitely shouldn't be driving with recreational use even though the increased risk is far lower than with alcohol, but there's no reason medical users should be effectively prohibited from driving like they are in some places due to tests being used that measure past intoxication. Prescribed depressants like opioids don't have nearly the same restrictions even though they can be more dangerous to others--DUI laws still apply, but simply having it show up in your system after an accident or something isn't a legal issue without proof of impairment. 

Edited by JeffMagnum, 01 July 2015 - 11:32 AM.

• crockrocket, Aregon, Kopra and 2 others like this

d1eZeG3.png

Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

tobacco-vs-cannabis.jpg

I had to come back to this.

After reading up on official sources about cannabis, it is stated that cannabis can actually have an increased possibility of cancer, sickness in the lounges an d heart-rhythm sicknesses. Over longer periods of time it can also give anxiety problems and lasting reductions with your senses. Of course, there are differences in the strength of cannabis, but so is it with alcohol if we take that is another example.

The reason smoking is still legal I am not sure, but I suspect it got with how many who smoke it and our knowledge about it. If you had made any new drugs today (caffeine, alcohol, cannabis, nicotine...) they would have been illegal on the spot. 

Edited by Sir Aregon, 01 July 2015 - 11:15 AM.

CRITICAL ASSIST

v9KKbH9.png
Spoiler

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

Cures cancer is a gross overstatment. It can be beneficial in treating certain types of cancer when combined with other methods of treating it. Also smoking anything is potentially cancer inducing, though in the case of marijuana it can be injested in other ways, and usually is when we're talking about medical.

Edited by (TDM)crockrocket, 01 July 2015 - 11:16 AM.

• Aregon and DeeRax like this

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Because I can:

SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY!

• Miscellaneous and DeeRax like this

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

I had to come back to this.

After reading up on official sources about cannabis, it is stated that cannabis can actually have an increased possibility of cancer, sickness in the lounges an d heart-rhythm sicknesses. Over longer periods of time it can also give anxiety problems and lasting reductions with your senses. Of course, there are differences in the strength of cannabis, but so is it with alcohol if we take that is another example.

The reason smoking is still legal I am not sure, but I suspect it got with how many who smoke it and our knowledge about it. If you had made any new drugs today (caffeine, alcohol, cannabis, nicotine...) they would have been illegal on the spot. 

Higher-potency cannabis is theoretically safer in terms of physical health issues since you're inhaling a richer cannabinoid to toxic compounds ratio, but it is definitely easier for people without experience to have a bad time on. 

The main reason they aren't illegal is because of how these things tend to happen. Portugal and a handful of other countries are trying out decriminalization of personal amounts (which is a separate concept from legalization) of all drugs, and so far there have been significant reductions in teenage drug use and HIV infections. I'm pretty sure they now have one of the lowest overall usage rates in Europe among the general population too. The primary issue with that model is that decriminalization doesn't address the organized crime aspect which devastates South America and Southwest and Southeast Asia since people still have no legitimate sources for most drugs and have to go through black market dealers. 

Edited by JeffMagnum, 01 July 2015 - 12:24 PM.

• crockrocket likes this

d1eZeG3.png

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts
http://420.moe/

Edited by Rainbow Sheep, 01 July 2015 - 12:15 PM.

• Miscellaneous likes this

Spoiler

Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Maybe NSFW.

Spoiler

KaylaClaire

KaylaClaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

There are more ways to "get high" from marijuana, I prefer teas and sweets lol works the same, and no smoke ^^b

• Aregon, Shoutaxeror, DeeRax and 1 other like this

~*~*~*~The Pink Comet~*~*~*~

Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

There are more ways to "get high" from marijuana, I prefer teas and sweets lol works the same, and no smoke ^^b

There are many ways that are simpler and better for your health than cannabis ever will be.

CRITICAL ASSIST

v9KKbH9.png
Spoiler

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

There are many ways that are simpler and better for your health than cannabis ever will be.

And tokin' a lil' here and then is simpler and better for your health than lots of other things ever will be.
What's your point?

• _incitatus likes this

starfox-sig.gifrYFaSGG.gif

2XhpJes.png

"DeeRax's got what you've always wanted."

(KDR) Seron16

(KDR) Seron16

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Indeed. I've never fully understand the attraction myself. There are a billion things things that give me a "high" that have no impact on my health or my life in any negative way. I guess I'll never understand.

EDIT: Woops! Meant to quote Aregon, but my point still stands. ^^

Edited by (KDR) Seron16, 01 July 2015 - 03:02 PM.

• Aregon likes this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

And tokin' a lil' here and then is simpler and better for your health than lots of other things ever will be.
What's your point?

My point is as Seron`s. I do not understand the temptation to try out something like weed when it is illegal. My reasoning is because if weed was dealt with like alcohol on a global basis, I would be completely fine. But since many countries do not have shops where you can get it legally and it is in fact even illegal so many places, I do not understand why take the risk when you in reality get very little from it. I trust the government more with what I am to get roused of than some private person doing it in secret, illegally.

• (KDR) Seron16 likes this

CRITICAL ASSIST

v9KKbH9.png
Spoiler

System64

System64

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Suppose I was being too shallow. Edited my post.

d9133aa6ec.jpg

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

But should people be expected to always make the safest/healthiest choices when it comes to unnecessary actions that affect no one else? Even if people think that's ideal, should that belief be enforced via statutes, and if so, why should it be applied to drugs in particular as opposed to far riskier recreational activities like BASE jumping or mountain climbing?

I trust the government more with what I am to get roused of than some private person doing it in secret, illegally.

What do you mean by this? Like I'm not being confrontational or anything, but I'm just not entirely sure what point you're trying to get across due to a typo or phrasing or something. 

Edited by JeffMagnum, 01 July 2015 - 03:34 PM.

• crockrocket and ticklemyiguana like this

d1eZeG3.png

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

But should people be expected to always make the safest/healthiest choices when it comes to unnecessary actions that affect no one else? Even if people think that's ideal, should that belief be enforced via statutes, and if so, why should it be applied to drugs in particular as opposed to far riskier recreational activities like BASE jumping or mountain climbing?

What do you mean by this? Like I'm not being confrontational or anything, but I'm just not entirely sure what point you're trying to get across due to a typo or phrasing or something.

Don't you touch my fuzzy bunnyng mountains.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Don't you touch my fuzzy bunnyng mountains.

calling 911 on u now

• OdinTheWise likes this

d1eZeG3.png

Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

As a member of the Scandinavian countries who are your supreme overlords, I have come to expect that our government tries all it can to keep it`s population healthy and tells us the truth when it comes to subjects of drugs. And I trust those who can put me in jail a lot more than the an who can get me into jail.

CRITICAL ASSIST

v9KKbH9.png
Spoiler

Nightfirebolt

Nightfirebolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

It's embarassing that America has legalized pot before we have. Damn our conservative government. With luck, they'll be out in the upcoming election though...

• LRod and WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW like this

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

But should people be expected to always make the safest/healthiest choices when it comes to unnecessary actions that affect no one else?

Actions have consequences. Outside of reasonable use, drugs, even weed, can affect other people negatively.

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

calling 911 on u now

IuWUl8R.jpg

do it bruh

• CrimsonKaim and DeeRax like this

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png