4 replies to this topic

Gaxxian

Gaxxian

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

First, english isn't my language :P Sorry for what might happen xD

I feel stabbed by a bad first buy.

The first day I played Hawken, I saved enough HC to buy a new mech. As I thought that this should be the normal rate of gain of HC (as a noob, I didn't know about the HC winned by achievements), I bought a Predator. If I had known that HC it's, in fact, so hard to earn, it would have been wiser :(

I played a game and just felt that I did not like the Predator. It just wasn't what I expected. I bought some improvements (more HC wasted) in case it was because it was a hollow hull. No. It just doesn't fit my game style.

Now I have it in the garage, looking at me for a week as saying: U must suffer!

A week saving to buy a Vanguard (I could test it for free and I just loved it) and I still have to save 2500 more HC... and another week, or more, to make it usable (hollow hulls are not very useful).

Until a few days ago, I could at least use it in its "demo" and not editable version... but now I'm forced to use mechs that I don't like. And with which I'm not good playing, so I takes longer to win HC. And I'm bored. Very much. And I feel more and more punished.

I just do not want to spend 10 more days grinding with some mechs that bored me greatly. And I can not resell what I bought . I feel bad :(

Así que... ¿Hay alguna manera de reiniciar o eliminar mi cuenta? Quiero deshacer mi error, pero no quiero perder mi nick creando una segunda cuenta...

So... Is there any way to reset or delete my account? I want to undo my mistake but without lose my nick creating a second account...

Thank you! ^^

KOS_Baconman

KOS_Baconman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

the grind is real, I remember saving up for my predator, luckily I love it and play pretty well with it, the only mechs I've spent MC on to purchase are the G2's

What if we just give some bacon paint, some bacon holo-emotes and change Bunker from snow to bacon.

This way, everyone will be happy.

What you should really do, is replace your parts with bacon, so you can cook games and eat bacon

Obviously the wallpaper would be cooler if bacon was incorporated into it.

Rajitha

Rajitha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Hmm this is some very useful insight to the developers :) This video will help had the same issue with the Infiltrator, bought it early on and thought i was really bad with it so gave up but came back about 30+ hours later and now it's the mech i've played the most :D

Hobbes has videos covering everything from the basics to giving you an idea of what each mechs playstyle is like https://www.youtube....HESng/playlists

And this is the place to find everything you need regarding how-to-play https://community.pl...-guides-hawken/
Thanks to Silverfire and everyone who took the time and effort to make these guides :)

If too many guides are confusing, just watch the above video and then watch his other videos to see what mech you'd like to try next :) Good Luck

This ^_^ 

I agree with the desire to be able to see the actual ping time to each server.  I have it high on my list of things to address when we start releasing new client builds.  That would be a much better solution.

Hobbes Videos are really good to get a taste of each mechs playstyle - https://community.pl...awken-handbook/
Index of all the Hawken guides - https://community.pl...-guides-hawken/

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

If you don't mind lots of reading, here's the biggest Predator guide availible.

I played a game and just felt that I did not like the Predator. It just wasn't what I expected. I bought some improvements (more HC wasted) in case it was because it was a hollow hull. No. It just doesn't fit my game style.

A week saving to buy a Vanguard (I could test it for free and I just loved it) and I still have to save 2500 more HC... and another week, or more, to make it usable (hollow hulls are not very useful).

Most Internals generally don't make too much of a difference.

KaylaClaire

KaylaClaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

you'll end up buying it eventually anyways... so might as well rough it out. Terrible advice and I am sorry but... when you've been playing for a while (If you love Hawken enough) you'll soon find yourself with a surplus of HC, be on the look out for double weekend events, play (and win) in every mode everyday, and always volunteer to change teams if they are unbalanced (You get 200 HC just for doing so!).
The assualt mech isn't that bad when you feel comfortable with playing, it can hold it's own in the hands of an experienced pilot.

~*~*~*~The Pink Comet~*~*~*~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users