Photo

Does the 3-Player-per-group-in-TDM-restriction make sense any longa?

- - - - - group team TDM clan training teambuilding playerlimit

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

gArphEus

gArphEus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Hey dudes.

As it seems, it's not possible 2 group up with moa than 3 mates, b4 joining a TDM, due 2 balancing restrictions. But this way, it's not possible 2 train with a full team of 6 mates in an open public TDM. I wonda how we should be able 2 build up a decent clan team under these limitations, without renting a private server. That's a pity. I hardly try 2 get an international team 4 funplay 2gether, but under the current conditions it's impossible 2 even PLAY 2gether as team. I'd like 2 have other opinions about that. Should we beg the devs 2 cancel the 3-player-limit 4 groups in TDM, or do it (still) make sense 2 keep it up? There r already lots of unbalanced matches out there each day, and i personally believe, the canceling of the limit wouldn't make it moa worse, anyway, but give us moa options 4 building up teams and maybe even revive the apparently deserted "6 vs. 6"-servers. Whatcha think about it? What's ur opinion?

• A) Pure nonsense!
  • B) This could work out, maybe...
  • C) Hell, yeah!

Regards, gArphEus.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

Honestly, you should be allowed to make parties of any size up to 12 that you want.  But the balancer should NEVER keep parties on the same team like it does now.  This is the most broken part of balance in Hawken.

I have nothing at all against friends of any skill level partying up so they can all roll around together.  That's cool.  But Hawken should never ensure that they are all on the same team, only the same match.  There is absolutely no way for the game to create a truly balanced match when it automatically has to ensure that 3 of the total players must always be on the same team.  Once a party is in a match, it should treat them all just like every other player when creating teams.

• talon70, Nightfirebolt, WastingTime and 2 others like this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

HepTagoN

HepTagoN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
that wouldnt work as well- veteran 2300mmr wanna show game to his mate, or just hawken friends with diffrent mmrs? I'm afraid party and hawken cannot be combined

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

that wouldnt work as well- veteran 2300mmr wanna show game to his mate, or just hawken friends with diffrent mmrs? I'm afraid party and hawken cannot be combined

True enough.  But I think that most players still fall in around the 1800-2000 mmr mark and can still be safe to party up with most of their friends.  It's hard to see that considering that we have such a high percentage of the player base in the 2200-2500 mmr range at this time... but that will change when Reloaded relaunches Hawken.

n0cturnal

n0cturnal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Honestly larger party size is fine with me... It's something that the balancer should be dealing with. Just even up the skill levels through out the teams.??

Is this something that hasnt been fixed yet? I am pretty new to the game and was just wondering if it has been a problem for awhile?

2ujgwf5.png

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

refLeX, it's not a bug or an issue, it's working the way Adhesive wrote it.  It's simply that myself and others feel like that it shouldn't keep players in parties on the same team unless it's possible to achieve adequate team balancing where they are on the same team.

I believe that the reason it was never changed is that, in the past, while the ADH people were still working and active on the forums, everytime one of us would say that we think it should be changed to separate parties onto different teams when needed, a lot of very vocal and persistent players would chime in about how angry they would be if they couldn't be ensured that they and their friends were on the same team while partied... so on and so forth.  ADH had, in my estimation, a habit of buckling under pressure from the squeakiest wheel.

HepTagoN

HepTagoN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

True enough. But I think that most players still fall in around the 1800-2000 mmr mark and can still be safe to party up with most of their friends. It's hard to see that considering that we have such a high percentage of the player base in the 2200-2500 mmr range at this time... but that will change when Reloaded relaunches Hawken.

Even though +2200 mmr players are far from majority, every time they will use party system - match is wrecked. Even for 1800 mmr players. All u need is ONE vet.

If we would deny party system for players with 2200 mmr, lot of egoists like fakename would abuse system creating smurf accounts WHICH is much worse for server, that they using their real acc.

gArphEus

gArphEus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Hmmm... Well, thx 4 ur opinions, dudes.

There seem 2 b a tendency against big partys due 2 the bad balancing they can cause, and now i can c there r reasonable thoughts behind keeping up the restrictions. I've seen a ton of inbalanced matches, especially when i was in a party with 2 dudes (consider us as average players) - un4tunately not 2 the advantage of our party in most cases. In fact we faced bad disbalancing so many times, because the matchmaker frequently decided 2 assign all the xperienced high-tier players 2 the enemy team, and leave only noobs 4 us 2 fill up our team. That usually ended up in the typical desaster - we got stomped hard all the way, match after match. As i undastood what u told me here, that might b happen DUE 2 our decision 2 party up b4, resulting in an unresolvable task 4 the matchmaker 2 equalize teams by their rank, skills, xperience, etc. That makes some sense.

It's a bit disppointing though, because the stomping on the EU servers in combination with the lag issues we face there every 2nd match, is a ubiquitous fact, that makes decent teamplaying a pain more and more, anyway. By grouping up on a party, me and my dudes just tried 2 compensate the bad balance a bit, and train different tactics 2gether. In some few cases it worked out, if the enemy team was inferior 2 our team at the start. Usually some of of the moa unexperienced leavers in the enemy team were soon replaced by better players, and after a few matches we reached the point of a pretty good consistently balance of even xperienced teams. Easy 2 recognize because of the close scores and varying victories. However - it's easy 2 c, that it probably would get even moa worse, if the matchmaker had 2 deal with 6 mates in a party he's not allowed 2 split up, rather than only 3, so i guess it makes no really sense 2 call out 4 a cancel of the restriction. Maybe the devs will find a solution 4 that someday, after things of greater importance r done. By then, it seems, there's nothing left but praise the devs - we should b thankful 4 what pretty game they gave 2 us 4 free. Thx-a-lot 4 ur help too, dudes. I appreciated it. :yes:

Regards, gArphEus

"Who forges his swords 2 plowshares, will plow 4 those, that haven't done that..."

Edited by gArphEus, 08 July 2015 - 04:46 AM.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

If we would deny party system for players with 2200 mmr, lot of egoists like fakename would abuse system creating smurf accounts WHICH is much worse for server, that they using their real acc.

Nah, there is no reason to make separate rules that apply to only some players.  That's unfair.  Changing it so that there is no guarantee of being on the same team with your party fixes it just fine.  There are other things that can be done to dissuade "smurfing" - like making the tutorial a requirement that cannot be skipped and making a separate and lengthy tutorial for every game mode that must be completed before you can join it, and a weapons and ability tutorial for each new mech you buy.  Just make creating a new account more work than it's worth for existing players. (This suggestion also addresses many of the problems for new players who don't understand the game modes or how to use the weapons and abilities of their new mechs).

comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Urgh, it is a nasty system for a few reasons.  I'd love to show the game to some of my friends, but it's a damned either way situation.  If I smurf, we do good for a few games because I'm carrying hard and the whole enemy team leaves afterwards, THEN I rank up enough to put our party in mid-level games while my friend is still a noob.  This results in the game stacking the hell out of the opposite team since it assumes a higher level of communication within the party and factors that in.  Then we lose unbelievably hard and my friend goes and does something else.

Playing on my main skips the first part.  

I would not mind having my party split between teams, but I also do greatly enjoy being able to show my friends what a win feels like since I'm pretty good at this game, and I feel bad going all out against them because there's nothing like a stomp to dissuade most people if they haven't gotten to the golden bits of the game yet, especially from a friend.  Have you ever had a friend try to show you a game by completely destroying you at it?  Not a great time, usually.

Edited by cosmic_spand, 08 July 2015 - 10:19 AM.

100% Hamburger | #becomeinpopcorn

AOTbYIL.png

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
As I have told you in the German Clan thread, yes it does. It was more than unbalanced when a team of 6 was stomoing a bunch of pubs.
  • gArphEus likes this

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: group, team, TDM, clan, training, teambuilding, playerlimit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users