- - - - - tdm coop tdm matchmaking

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

AmazingGoose

AmazingGoose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Lately, I've often struggled to find active TDM servers, and the most active servers are Co Op TDM, each with a dribble of players, perhaps 1 or 2 per server.  There are sometimes around 20 players spread thinly over Co Op TDM, and maybe 3 or 4 on Siege.

i checked the herokuapp yesterday afternoon:  38 in 6 pvp servers, 24 in 24 bots-tdm servers.  it's ridiculous.

3ydmt7zhrkbz.jpg

source: https://www.reddit.c...making_failure/

Thh27rf.png

Co Op TDM can be fun, but it's more fun with players vs bots, so my first suggestion is:

1. Matchmake players entering Co-Op TDM onto servers with players rather than spin up a new match to give 1 player and the rest bots (boring)

This could be extended to matchmake from match to match to combine/consolidate players onto servers to fill them up.

My next suggestion is a little more heavy-handed, but bear with me... it's:

2. Force Co-Op TDM players onto TDM when there are sufficient numbers

The example above of many Co-Op TDM servers with 1 or 2 players each frustrates me as those players could be playing much more enjoyable, fulfilling and community-strengthening matches with and against other players, but they aren't because who wants to be the first to wait an undetermined amount of time on a new TDM match?  Maybe some players will join eventually, maybe they won't.  Why not just switch them to TDM?  They'll have way more fun.  Possibly you could switch them over if they pass a certain XP/point/stat threshold, so that way they are adept enough to survive the higher skill for TDM, and likely won't be beginners or practising their less familiar mechs/weapons.

I don't really think you need to do much to change the game itself (yeah sure there are some things like garage available in match lobby or in match), it's really the matchmaking and lack of active PvP servers that disheartens me over the last few months.

Edited by AmazingGoose, 17 September 2017 - 02:55 PM.

• Bergwein likes this

William_Adama

William_Adama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

devs cant come to the forums right now please leave your name, address, and telephone number after each post we will get back to you sometime never  .............................................................. :ninja:

Edited by William_Adama, 17 September 2017 - 04:53 PM.

• dorobo, DieselCat, Bergwein and 1 other like this

Bergwein

Bergwein

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

That avatar ...

You know where your face belongs!

https://community.pl...face-to-a-name/

Zavier_

Zavier_