• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

snoopy187

snoopy187

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

we have a Heat Charge that's pretty awesome.  why not a Cooling Charge.  I know a couple of mechs have the 'immediate' cool down ability like the assault and the recruit.  but i think a Cool Charge would be great for all mechs to use .  like how the heat charge effects everyone maybe this cooling charge could be used by you and your team only when in battle, you know for whoever steps inside it.

• crockrocket, DisorderlyMechanic, WastingTime and 1 other like this

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

Easily OP if not done correctly, but love the concept.

• snoopy187 likes this

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

WastingTime

WastingTime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

I like the idea
but playing devils advocate it would make orb lording even more viable

• snoopy187 likes this

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

no no

Get closer to an Incinerator team mate and you got it

good try though ;)

• snoopy187 likes this

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice.

snoopy187

snoopy187

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

cool.  thanx for the responses.  glad some people gave it a read.

snoop out.

• The_Silencer likes this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts
Things i am not sure we need: pocket Incins. like Crock said, easily OP
  • snoopy187 likes this

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

If it was done properly it would be a good item but as people above me have stated it could be OP

Hopefully Incin will get a look at/re-work

• snoopy187 likes this

Spoiler

snoopy187

snoopy187

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

cool.   :thumbsup:

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

we have a Heat Charge that's pretty awesome.  why not a Cooling Charge.  I know a couple of mechs have the 'immediate' cool down ability like the assault and the recruit.  but i think a Cool Charge would be great for all mechs to use .  like how the heat charge effects everyone maybe this cooling charge could be used by you and your team only when in battle, you know for whoever steps inside it.

At first glance, such an item might go the wrong way with ease.. However...

Maybe by having it slowly and progressively cooling down weapons within an small ratio plus making it to behave as if were an EU Station; mostly by delivering a limited amount of cooling points in between any given mech into its Area of Effect and prior to go out of service.

But hey... I find this to be a very sensitive subject if implemented in the future..

For example, insta-cooling-down everybody within its AoE would definitely be bad idea, IHMO... I may see more cons..

I'd prefer having such an equipment individually working for your mech only and never cooling down your weapons beyond a 25%*  (*some testing required here).

Something like this might work pretty more coherently as one new internal in the game.

Somehow more fair and survival oriented, for instance, by giving you a last chance for firing back while you're dramatically low on health right after overheating. Different percentage of recovering per each internal version... and so forth.. =)

Although I do also think that some mechs should not have such an internal available in the garage ...

That would be my first approach for your original post. ;)

- Sil

• snoopy187 likes this

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice.

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Actually, you've small negative damage modifiers as internals in the game so .. you know... not a terrible idea after all. ;)

Additionally, 1 well balanced w_cooling charge as item and working in the same way as healing orbs does not look so bad either.. at leasy at first glance.. but still a sensitive subject due to its inherent and potential gameplay impact. Also the mechanics of it may look a bit too much like a mess here...

Edited by The_Silencer, 11 July 2015 - 02:39 PM.

• snoopy187 likes this

snoopy187

snoopy187

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

'The_Silencer'  u hit the nail right on the top.  very very kool.  very awesome feedback.  when writing it i did forget to convey that i think the Cooling Charge should gradually cool down the mech and instead i typed down 'like how the heat charge effects everyone' u know when they step inside it.  but again thank u for the killer feedback.  this is gonna sound corny as heck but  please please if their are any developers who read this please take this idea for your own and please make it real.  haha for the goodness of all us Hawken pilots n warriorz who have joined the Hawken Universe.

Edited by snoopy187, 11 July 2015 - 06:25 PM.

• WastingTime and The_Silencer like this

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

'The_Silencer'  u hit the nail right on the top.  very very kool.  very awesome feedback.  when writing it i did forget to convey that i think the Cooling Charge should gradually cool down the mech and instead i typed down 'like how the heat charge effects everyone' u know when they step inside it.  but again thank u for the killer feedback.  this is gonna sound corny as heck but  please please if their are any developers who read this please take this idea for your own and please make it real.  haha for the goodness of all us Hawken pilots n warriorz who have joined the Hawken Universe.

I realized you were sincere at trying to contribute with your OP.

So I went in mfrn1_mode™ here and enjoyed at exploring it further...

Accordingly.. Thanks to you! ;)

• snoopy187 likes this

snoopy187

snoopy187

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

kool.  thank u   :thumbsup:

• The_Silencer likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users