• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

MechaGamer64

MechaGamer64

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi,

I downloaded Hawken and tried to play it but I can't get past the login page because it's impossible to type. It keeps going back to the email bar and the cursor (not sure if this is the correct term) there keeps moving from one edge to another making it impossible to type properly thus preventing me from logging in. Is this a known issue? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance for any help

Neraste

Neraste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Greetings MechaGamer64

Sounds cheesy, but if the cursor is moving on its own in the same direction, can you check there is anything blocking your keyboard keys?

hkn_sign_mdh_by_neraste-d8oyzgq.pnghkn_sign_lgbt_by_neraste-d8oyzga.png

MechaGamer64

MechaGamer64

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Thanks for replying

If you're asking if there's anything physically blocking my keys I don't think there is because I'm able to type just fine in every other place (outside the game) and the keyboard is less than 2 months old. I think it's a game issue and I've seen someone else talk about this:http://steamcommunit...47921880353936/but I don't understand how that person fixed it and that's why I came here. I really want to play this game and this is the only thing stopping me from doing so. Thanks in advance for any future help.

Edited by MechaGamer64, 08 August 2015 - 02:02 PM.

Anichkov3

Anichkov3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

I know what the problem is. You need to disconnect from the computer gamepads, joysticks and handlebars. It is necessary to pulled out the device from the computer connector.

Thus from the input device will remain connected only the keyboard and mouse.

The problem occurs with some non-classical input devices with poorly optimized drivers: joysticks, gamepads, handlebars.

• Rajitha likes this

http://www.hawken.ru- ???? ??????????? ?????????? ??????? (Website of the Russian community)

http://ru.hawken.wikia.com - ??????? ????????? ?? ???? (Russian Wikipedia HAWKEN)

http://vk.com/hawken - ???????? ??????????? ?????????? ??????? ? ?? (social network VK)

Neraste

Neraste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

The problem occurs with some non-classical input devices with poorly optimized drivers: joysticks, gamepads, handlebars.

This seems a logical explanation.

hkn_sign_mdh_by_neraste-d8oyzgq.pnghkn_sign_lgbt_by_neraste-d8oyzga.png

thirtysix

thirtysix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Had problem with joystick moving mech in circles, had to change some .ini settings. My old Logitech joystick was mapped to w/s and it would type on it's own. Try just kb and mouse ONLY. Work from there.

Asus Rampage III Extreme, Core I7 950, Dual EVGA 580Ti, 16Gb G.Skill Sniper, 240Gb PNY SSD, Walmart mic :P~

MechaGamer64

MechaGamer64

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Thank you all for your help

I always have my controller connected to my PC (although I only use it when I play Batman), in some games I just tilt one of the analog sticks (and never touch the controller again) and then it works fine just using keyboard and mouse, Hawken seems to be one of those games as I tried doing it and it works just fine now if I tilt the controller at the start (and just ignore it for the rest of the game).

Thanks now I can finally play this!

Edited by MechaGamer64, 09 August 2015 - 02:31 AM.

• Rajitha likes this

NGL_poopnuggets

NGL_poopnuggets

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

wait so this game only works with controller

if so xbox or like ps4

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Support, Bug

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users