• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

GeneralJWJ

GeneralJWJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Hi clanners! I'm working on a page dedicated to the Hawken community on the Hawken wikia (work very much in progress for the time being), and that includes writing about clans. I'm gonna be going through the clan compendium and the individual clan threads here on the forum for information so I can write a nice summary of every clan we have going on right now.

So if any clan people have stuff they'd like to share for their clan's article that isn't in the first page or so of their clan thread (I'm not gonna read through EVERY page of every thread I'm only human lol) please either tell me where to find it, post it in here, or PM me via the forums, I don't mind. I'm even ready to set up chats via steam or skype or the hawken IRC or whatever if you're really dedicated to info-dumping some clan history on me.

Mainly the focus of the articles is gonna be spread, depending on what info I manage to gather, between:

-clan creation

-clan history

-clan region

-clan objective/mentality (are you an MLG clan of people who want to git gud? A clan of people who just want to get together to play hawken outside of pubs? what kinds of players are you looking for? etc)

-clan membership (if your clan has people from a specific area [looking at you arrows of the hungarians], how big your clan is, what kinds of players are in there)

- any events your clan puts on, either for its own benefit or for the community's enjoyment in general. Stuff your clan does in general, whether it's a special event or not, such as training or pre-organised games, can go in here too.

But yeah this isn't a laundry list of everything I need to know about a clan to write about it, it's just that when writing informative articles, the bigger the better. Especially since this has a semi-archival purpose for hawken community posterity :P

So hopefully someone will pick this up and help me collect all the info I can on this important  corner of the community.

• crockrocket, Dr_Freeze001, Guns_N_Rozer and 3 others like this

Go read and edit the hawken wiki you fuzzy bunnies.

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

great work 

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

THC - THE HAWKEN COLLECTIVE

- Created and captained by phed and _incitatus

- THC has been out there before dinosaurs were extinct. Legend says it was THC that ate them all actually. Always been there, will be forever.

- We play mainly in NA servers but occasionally on EU servers and will play exclusively on African servers when they're set up.

- Too damn high.

- THC has been present in the TPG league for the first 2 seasons and now has an official team. May have 2 next season, who knows, we're going fast.

- Our TPG team does scrims kinda frequently, some of our members ring for other teams.

- THC has participated in every community event in NA and will continue to.

- We play pubs but never in parties.

- Membership open to those who like to play on a "higher" level.

- Our open ts funded by incitatus

Spoiler
Come over and chill with us.

- We're the biggest clan in the NA region and we keep groing steadily.

- The only clan to have an African player. The best player in Africa to be exact. Yours truly.

- Roster:

Spoiler

- Officially unofficial logo:

Spoiler

Edited by Elite, 25 August 2015 - 07:23 AM.

• phed, CrimsonKaim, eth0 and 1 other like this

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

there is DPS (dangerous penguin science) which doesnt really advertise but the axe attack and crushinator are TPG teams fielded by DPS members. also they are former BSB and VR

• GeneralJWJ likes this

We Can Dance If We Want To     

OTWsig2.jpg

ES3lMRu.png?1

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMCrushinator. Captained by LoC_TR, Crushinator is currently the most crushy nator around. We generally like to destroy our opponents by way of a large compression force. The team consists of Merl61, BKcat1, LoC_Tr, ThirdEye, 7ucky, Culex, x9x8x7x, Xiphos27, and Requiem. We are currently not recruiting unless you are really badass, and have the ability to crush hard (2600+MMR) and excellent game knowledge. I say we are not recruiting because no such people exist that aren't already on a team or haven't already been considered:P GGs. And go Crush. 

Merl

Edited by Merl61, 25 August 2015 - 12:42 PM.

• GeneralJWJ likes this

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

Information about Clan TDM coming to this spot later today

Unlike many other clans, Trentik Defense Militia was not founded by famous pilots with many battle scars. We were born in the slums of Uptown, formed by a need to band together against the oppression of Illal's mega-corporations. When we managed to, er, acquire shall we say a large number of axes, we realized that we stood a chance. We didn't know how to fight yet, but we were determined to learn.

In Spring of this year, coldform and I (crockrocket) participated in a couple of the Tri-Weekly 3v3 tournaments on a sort of skrub team. After one of them we got to talking and thought hey, why don't we just start a whole clan for skrubs? And thus TDM was founded. 

We pride ourselves on being open to anyone, regardless of mmr. We offer opportunities for pilots of any skill level to get involved with competitive play such as TPG and other tournaments. We are one of the largest clans in North America, though we allow people from any region to participate. We hold practice several times a week, currently focusing on our TPG play. Besides all of that, we like to have fun! You can usually see a lot of us at War Wednesday or Sunday Sunday Sunday Deathmatch. As soon as TPG S3 ends, look forward to seeing some TDM-hosted public events! By the way, we have a website!

Crash & Burn!

Edited by (TDM)crockrocket, 02 September 2015 - 10:20 AM.

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

I decline.

GeneralJWJ

GeneralJWJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

I decline.

;_;

Thanks to everyone who responded so far! I'll start cramming all that stuff into the wiki tomorrow!

Edited by GeneralJWJ, 25 August 2015 - 03:59 PM.

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

( I'll be back )

=)

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice.

GeneralJWJ

GeneralJWJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

The first clan article is up, courtesy of Houruck who was quick to answer my PM questions about his clan and helped finalise this article to be as informative and correct as it can be. For everyone else, this is a good example of what I'll be working towards, although depending on how much info I'm given it can be much longer or shorter.

http://hawken.wikia....Critical_Assist

THC article will probably be up next, but first the Yakuza character pack for payday 2 just came out :P

EDIT: here's the THC article http://hawken.wikia....wken_Collective

Now it's all up to which clan leader/PR manager answers my PMs first, I'm all out of insider information lol.

Spoiler

Edited by GeneralJWJ, 27 August 2015 - 03:09 PM.

GeneralJWJ

GeneralJWJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

And here's the article on Arrows of Hungarians http://hawken.wikia....s_of_Hungarians

Are crockrocket and the Silencer gonna write those posts they previously promised? ;_;

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

too many page redirections in there though.. Just as side note.

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users