Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

Did some recording of some HEAT Infil, tell me how I did

plus a killer soundtrack

because my recording didn't capture my in game sound

Edited by Silverfire, 17 October 2015 - 03:53 PM.

• Odinous, TheFrostnessMonster, Bergwein and 1 other like this

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

I'm gonna go ahead and assume that was a warm-up.

Honestly, the next step for your infil gameplay is being able to a) land heat shots in the air and b) land uncharged heat shots. You did pretty good there, though you do better in B-team practices. Some pointers:

1. There are times when you had a charged heat cannon and wasted it by boosting forwards to get in position on someone that you didn't need to boost for. A little more patience and you would have had a charged shot at very little loss because your target was charging around a circular pillar.
  2. Look, I get the air dodge feels cool, but you use it way too much, especially when you don't need to. There was a point where you were in a standoff against like, 3 mechs, using cover pretty well, but you blew your fuel on air dodges and then couldn't escape when a 4th jumped you. Fuel is incredibly important to an infil. You have a huge fuel tank, but in order to work the Infil to the max you need to be able to tap your fuel as efficiently as possible. With more fuel there, it would have been cake to hit your ability and scamper off.
  3. In the same vein, it's ok to run. Discretion, valour, cheese-eating-surrender-monkeys, etc.
  4. Your radar usage is good, but there were a couple points, usually while you were under fire or running away, that you could have exploited dumb mistakes by the enemy. Harder to do in the middle of a fight, but while you're running, you gotta know where you're going by memory at this point, so you can watch the radar a little better. At one point DMAX73 was chasing you, gave up and broke off on a moronic angle and honestly at that point he was ripe for a 180 AOE surprise.

• Silverfire likes this

Bergwein

Bergwein

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

I'd be up for some Heat Infil sessions on Iceland servers if you like.

In a week or two.

Probably in the evening for me/morning for you.

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

tbh i feel this is exactly the kind of music a pilot on a distant hostile planet would play in mech death-matches, +1

• _incitatus likes this

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users