- - - - - 500 meteor credits free

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Ragenaut_Bladehelm

Ragenaut_Bladehelm

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

So I have read that as a new player, you get 500 free meteor credits for playing for an hour. So far I am rank 8 with over an hour and a half worth of playtime and I have not recieved any meteor credits. Is this a bug, or have they removed the free credits?

kaiserschmarrn_

kaiserschmarrn_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

This is no longer the case; did you read a reliable up-to-date source?

FEF-FEFington

FEF-FEFington

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

It really sucks that they removed that reward. But you don't need Meteor Credits to be pr0; just to look pr0

76561198011099779.png

Formerly known as "HawkeyeJ"

Also Known As "The guy who played Hawken with a steering wheel"

YouTube | Steam

driedjello

driedjello

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

I like what they did more.  Easier early access to HCs to buy new mechs and internals but no MCs for pretty mechs. 

12194787_10204269092362114_7194605619814

Edited by driedjello, 27 October 2015 - 02:48 PM.

• coldform and Miscellaneous like this

dark.png

molonkey

molonkey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

sucks

TAZ_

TAZ_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

I like what they did more. Easier early access to HCs to buy new mechs and internals but no MCs for pretty mechs.

12194787_10204269092362114_7194605619814

i love you prettydator <3

(08:35:47 PM) Ashfire908: auth taz_ blacklist
(08:35:48 PM) ScrimBot: 'taz_' has been added to the 'blacklist' group.

LabMaus

LabMaus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

I like what they did more.  Easier early access to HCs to buy new mechs and internals but no MCs for pretty mechs. 

-cut-

how is this better ? i appreciated the Meteors when i started because who doenst like to buy swag or convert experience later on ?

I know what you're thinking, did he fire MIRV or only one grenade, but to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a Corsair - KLA the most powerful secondary in the world, and would blow your cockpit clean off, you gotta ask yourself one question... do I feel lucky ? well do you, punk ? 

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

how is this better ? i appreciated the Meteors when i started because who doenst like to buy swag or convert experience later on ?

Faster access to other mechs; you get about 30k HC in the first few matches now.

It reduces the grind to get your first few mechs much more than 500 MC.

Edited by (KDR) Meraple, 04 January 2016 - 07:49 AM.

• eth0, Pleasure_Mortar and DeeRax like this

Nightfirebolt

Nightfirebolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

"Hey, I wasted my precious time and money to come to this stupid concert, and now what I wanna know is, where's my free Tibet?"

Edited by Nightfirebolt, 04 January 2016 - 08:44 AM.

• phed likes this

Onstrava

Onstrava

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Free Meteor Credits....500....for new players....... laughter.gif

That ended along time ago.

Edited by Onstrava, 04 January 2016 - 08:58 AM.

Hold on to the things you care about most, even if others see it as insignificant..If you can't be true to yourself, are you really living?

W4znwFO.jpg1sHSjPn.png1sHSjPn.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngbANk8SP.jpgMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.png1sHSjPn.pngW4znwFO.jpg

LabMaus

LabMaus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Faster access to other mechs; you get about 30k HC in the first few matches now.

It reduces the grind to get your first few mechs much more than 500 MC.

good point but they could have kept the 500 HC nontheless 

its all about attracting more players right now 

I know what you're thinking, did he fire MIRV or only one grenade, but to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a Corsair - KLA the most powerful secondary in the world, and would blow your cockpit clean off, you gotta ask yourself one question... do I feel lucky ? well do you, punk ? 

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

good point but they could have kept the 500 HC nontheless 

its all about attracting more players right now 

No, actually, it's not.

As much as it pains me (and all of us who've been around a while) to say it, Hawken doesn't need any new players right now.  The game is better off in the long run if people don't know about it right now - as it is currently both in a bad state and in development.  Right now, every player who gives it a try is far more likely to go away with a bad opinion. And those who do like what they see now, are in for big changes in the coming months that could leave them going "WTF?  I liked this game the way it was and now they changed it."

So, what this game needs right now is to maintain the player base it has.  When it is solid and consistent, then it needs a big marketing campaign, rerelease... and incentives to draw in new players.

Edited by StubbornPuppet, 04 January 2016 - 11:39 AM.

• phed, DieselCat, ticklemyiguana and 2 others like this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

LabMaus

LabMaus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

No, actually, it's not.

As much as it pains me (and all of us who've been around a while) to say it, Hawken doesn't need any new players right now.  The game is better off in the long run if people don't know about it right now - as it is currently both in a bad state and in development.  Right now, every player who gives it a try is far more likely to go away with a bad opinion. And those who do like what they see now, are in for big changes in the coming months that could leave them going "WTF?  I liked this game the way it was and now they changed it."

So, what this game needs right now is to maintain the player base it has.  When it is solid and consistent, then it needs a big marketing campaign, rerelease... and incentives to draw in new players.

so you think it was ok to remove the free meteor credits ?

because even if most people who find hawken right now go away then at least those who would have stayed could have used the 500 meteor's 

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

so you think it was ok to remove the free meteor credits ?

because even if most people who find hawken right now go away then at least those who would have stayed could have used the 500 meteor's 

Nah.  They should have left them.

But that was supposed to be a temporary promotion (from the move to Steam iirc) in the first place.  It came to an end and there has been no reason to reinstate it.

I'm sure there will be a big promotion when Reloaded is ready to rerelease Hawken.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

GreyFa1con

GreyFa1con

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

So I have read that as a new player, you get 500 free meteor credits for playing for an hour. So far I am rank 8 with over an hour and a half worth of playtime and I have not recieved any meteor credits. Is this a bug, or have they removed the free credits?

Go here: https://www.playhawken.com/redeem-code

Type in:

NEWRECRUIT (2x XP / HC for 3 days)

LOADEDASSAULT (5000 HC and a spare Assault Mech)

Then go here, https://www.playhawk...en.com/account 

type in all the info, and update. (1000 HC)

Wait 3 days then type in STRESSTESTXP (2x XP / HC for 3 days)

• StubbornPuppet likes this

TRIBES: Developed a server mod with 40 servers, 20 clans, and competitive league play.

PLANETSIDE: Got about 30 suggested changes implemented, and 40,000 game downloads via a 1Mb mini-installer I developed.

http://hawken.heroku...user/GreyFa1con

LabMaus

LabMaus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Nah.  They should have left them.

But that was supposed to be a temporary promotion (from the move to Steam iirc) in the first place.  It came to an end and there has been no reason to reinstate it.

I'm sure there will be a big promotion when Reloaded is ready to rerelease Hawken.

that i did not know. thanks for the information ! :)

Nightfirebolt

Nightfirebolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Go here: https://www.playhawken.com/redeem-code

Type in:

NEWRECRUIT (2x XP / HC for 3 days)

LOADEDASSAULT (5000 HC and a spare Assault Mech)

Then go here, https://www.playhawk...en.com/account 

type in all the info, and update. (1000 HC)

Wait 3 days then type in STRESSTESTXP (2x XP / HC for 3 days)

Pretty sure NEWRECRUIT doesn't work anymore.

EDIT: I stand corrected. I just tried it, it works. However, it only seems to give 2x bonus XP, not HC.

Edited by Nightfirebolt, 05 January 2016 - 01:47 PM.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Pretty sure NEWRECRUIT doesn't work anymore.

EDIT: I stand corrected. I just tried it, it works. However, it only seems to give 2x bonus XP, not HC.

The HC gain is now normalized and spread through leveling up as standard to make the new player experience slightly better.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 500, meteor credits, free

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users