CounterlogicMan

CounterlogicMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

CCLOGOPORTRAITBG.jpg

Hail,

The bois at Westwood opened a new frontier in gaming with their revolutionary Real Time Strategy game Command & Conquer in 1995. This started an arms race with Blizzard Entertainment in the RTS genre. Leading to the development of further C&C games as well as the Warcraft and Starcraft series. Without Westwood Studios there wouldn't be C&C, Warcraft, Starcraft, or mobas like LoL, Dota 2, and HoTS. 

Tonight I will start a Command & Conquer series single-player play through. It will be a lot of fun and I hope to see many of my fellow Hawkenites there! Let us revel in the glory that is Westwood studio's Command & Conquer series!  I will update this thread as I progress. I will be posting highlights from the playthrough here. 

Stream will start at 7 pm EST HERE

More information on my stream and Hawken activities check here

Twitter for when I go live now and in the future.

Games in order of appearance:

1. Command & Conquer + Covert Operations (1995/96)
2. Command & Conquer Red Alert + Counterstrike/Aftermath/Retaliation (1996/97/98)
3. Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun + Firestorm (1999)
4. Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 + Yuri's Revenge (2000)
5. Command & Conquer Renegade (2002)
6. Command & Conquer Generals + Zero Hour (2003)
7. Command & Conquer 3  Tiberium Wars + Kane's Wrath (2007/08)
8. Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 + Uprising (2008/09)
9. Command & Conquer 4 Tiberian Twilight (2010)

To get you in the mood.

Note: I figured this belonged in off-topic rather than media/streams since it isn't Hawken related.

• Guns_N_Rozer, Houruck, Neraste and 3 others like this

Axe-Attack Check us out! Stream I stream spasmodically.

TPG Hawken Admin.

TPG 3 has concluded! If you are interested in participating in TPG Season 4 gather a group and form a team or try and join an existing team! Stay tuned to the forums for updates on the details of TPG Season 4.

Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

C&C and no Hell March?? Disappointing. 

Personal fav:

Edited by Sir Aregon, 07 December 2015 - 12:09 PM.

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero
v9KKbH9.png
Spoiler

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

C&C Generals has some pretty awesome background music. Never bothered much with this kind of games but might be interesting to watch  :yes:

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

Neraste

Neraste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

C&C... Brings back some memories.

I've recently found a fan community re-made the game, adding hi-res and multi-player features : The Dawn of the Tiberium Age.

• nepacaka likes this

hkn_sign_mdh_by_neraste-d8oyzgq.pnghkn_sign_lgbt_by_neraste-d8oyzga.png

CounterlogicMan

CounterlogicMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Going live!

TPG Hawken Admin.

TPG 3 has concluded! If you are interested in participating in TPG Season 4 gather a group and form a team or try and join an existing team! Stay tuned to the forums for updates on the details of TPG Season 4.

asipo

asipo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Westwood - NOX

Join Hawken asia Facebook group : here

Mech idea : Marauder (B-class), Raptor (A-class)

CounterlogicMan

CounterlogicMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Here is the first vod from the play through. It is quite lengthy so I recommend bite sized chunks.

I will be continuing the playthrough on Friday, not Wednesday like I state at the end. Have some TPG business to attend to on Wednesday.

Got most of the way through the GDI campaign, I think. Still deciding if I want to do both campaigns for each game. Might take to long that way.

Noticed that my mic was cutting in and out at times. Will make sure to turn up my gain next time!

Edited by CounterlogicMan, 08 December 2015 - 11:49 AM.

TPG Hawken Admin.

KOS_Baconman

KOS_Baconman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

I've currently got this on my shelf behind me:

Spoiler

its my dad's from back when he used to mildly play computer games. I just checked and the disc appears to be missing, the registration card and instruction manual are unscathed and I think I might know where the disc is.

What if we just give some bacon paint, some bacon holo-emotes and change Bunker from snow to bacon.

This way, everyone will be happy.

What you should really do, is replace your parts with bacon, so you can cook games and eat bacon

Obviously the wallpaper would be cooler if bacon was incorporated into it.

CounterlogicMan

CounterlogicMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Not really feeling the command and conquer tonight. Only 7 missions away from victory for the GDI...but thinking of those poor civillians walking through tiberium feels combusting into flames....

I will definitely be at it again on Sunday at my normal time. Instead I will be playing some Battlefront and Hawken!

TPG Hawken Admin.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stream, counterlogicman, twitch, playthrough, c&c

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users