• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Brommith

Brommith

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Salutations,

Fellow pilots, I've been a lone wolf for an exceptionally long time - for the entire time I've played this game, in fact. I've been maining the Raider damn near the whole way, though I have some expertise in Flak Scout, SS, SMC Vanguard, and T32+Breacher Predator.

I normally only sign in once a day to play a handful of games and then jump ship. Right now I have my sights set on 2250 MMR, and 2500 after that, but it's a lonely existence. Right now I'm looking for a clan that organizes teams for ranked play and would be willing to bring me into the fold.

My CR (Current Rating) is flagged around 2235.09 by ScrimBot. I am a US pilot on the West Coast.

To ensure I find the right family of pilots to lance up with, I'll give you a few bullet points for me as a pilot and a teammate.

AS A PILOT

• I play a lot of mop up, flanking, and ambushing tactics rather than being at the front-end of the conflict. A strong alpha strike has always ensured my success.
  • I play conservatively, usually ducking out to try and heal around 125 to 250 armor depending on what toys are in the field at that moment.
  • I can skirmish strong, and peek even stronger, but ambushing and alpha strikes are my best department, and I know how to body-block and peel for teammates.

AS A PLAYER

• Competitive FPS games are nothing new for me, I played ranked in CS:GO, though not as prolifically as I have HAWKEN and got to a rather unimpressive Gold Nova II.
  • I am a vocal team player, calling my mech's cooldown use, duration, and eventual coming off-CD. I call what I have available and can mentally keep track of at least one to two other pilot CDs as well, be they friend or foe.
  • I play to win, so I want to find a Clan or Team with a similar mentality. It may seem strange, but in many things I give 110% 110% of the time. Always give your best - if you aren't first, you're last.
  • Accepting of criticism and new techniques if it is proven to be better for the role I am attempting to achieve at the moment (Skirmisher, Tank, Bully, Ambusher, Support, etc.)

If you guys wanna get in touch, just leave me a PM or drop me a line in the thread and I'd be happy to step into any interviews necessary, trial if need be as well.

Thanks for stopping by to read. 

Cheers, and Happy Holidays.

Edited by Brommith, 22 December 2015 - 09:47 PM.

n3onfx

n3onfx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

I would have been more impressed if the MMR was 2233.44.

You forgot to specify the region, that would help since clans right now play in their own regions ^^

• kaiserschmarrn_ likes this

t

t

DWEH3ZP.png   CRITICAL  RqKpxHn.png    ASSIST   VDNrFxD.png

t

t

Shoutaxeror

Shoutaxeror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Hey there!

There are several competitive clansin the us region I guess.

• I play conservatively, usually ducking out to try and heal around 125 to 250 armor depending on what toys are in the field at that moment.

But why ?

KkaQ7HY.png

SaYxVQp.pngWgWPdMp.png

KDR Veteran | PrT Participant

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts
Since you are in NA I recommend checking out THC or vR. My clan, TDM, will also be fielding at least one "try-hard" team next season, so you're welcome to swing by one of our practices if you want to check it out.
  • _incitatus and eth0 like this

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Start showing up to War Wednesday, and keep an eye out for try-weekly tournaments when those start popping up again. That will provide you and the folks in the comp community a chance to get to know each other.

Heck, just hang around the Hawken public teamspeak and chat some people up.

• eth0 likes this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

Brommith

Brommith

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hey there!

There are several competitive clansin the us region I guess.

But why ?

Mostly because I have improved healing speed and amount from orbs, so I tend to play defensively when I'm in a tough bind rather than giving the enemy team a kill. It's easier to sit near cover on top of an orb and get a fair bit of HP back while peeking to provide supportive fire or simply kiting someone away while you dance on an orb so you can whittle them down.

In summary, I don't actually use my repair drone if I can help it, I just fight on an orb I drop after getting out of the middle of the firefight so it's not blood in the water for the enemy team.

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts
This one. He's a smart one.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

Mmm.  I know you.  Only advice: the clan ts channel removes 80 IQ and 500 MMR.

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

Mmm. I know you. Only advice: the clan ts channel removes 80 IQ and 500 MMR.

Da fuq?

But seriously, please elaborate. I'd like to know what you have against clans, considering that they're the single most driving force behind competitive play, not to mention being probably the greatest educational resource in hawken.

I'm especially curious as to why you go after TS in particular. Besides facilitating the organization of practices and other learning events, comms add a depth to gameplay otherwise lacking. Additionally it's a great way to talk to other pilots and make some new friends.

So go on, enlighten us.

Edited by (TDM)crockrocket, 23 December 2015 - 06:36 PM.

JgQjgkx.png

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

Overreact much?

My experience with headset comms in serious play is that when trying to communicate, I play worse.  I can hang with any individual member of a TPG team, and do.  But if I'm trying to deal with location calls and play calls in my ears, I get stupid.

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

Overreact much?

My experience with headset comms in serious play is that when trying to communicate, I play worse. I can hang with any individual member of a TPG team, and do. But if I'm trying to deal with location calls and play calls in my ears, I get stupid.

Fair enough, I suppose I misunderstood your post. Without any context it was kinda open to interpretation

JgQjgkx.png

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts
Aw you guys

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Salutations,

Fellow pilots, I've been a lone wolf for an exceptionally long time - for the entire time I've played this game, in fact. I've been maining the Raider damn near the whole way,

• I play a lot of mop up, flanking, and ambushing tactics rather than being at the front-end of the conflict. A strong alpha strike has always ensured my success.
  • I can skirmish strong, and peek even stronger, but ambushing and alpha strikes are my best department, and I know how to body-block and peel for teammates.

Learn 2 Raider:  Never ever play conservatively.  Rush headlong into enemies at extreme speeds untill they are dead.

• Shoutaxeror and Pleasure_Mortar like this

khn3gAi.jpg?1CitkI9t.jpgGkp2fB7.jpg

Come on Crafty, you have been officially called out on your lies. Your online reputation is at stake here, this is just like an old school street race running for pink slips. Its run what you brung and hope its enough. Put up or shut the fuzzy bunny up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users