- - - - - Campaign Gamemode Story Gametype Career Progression Lure

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Cardinal_1

Cardinal_1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I was talking with a buddy of mine while playing earlier and something we think that would be pretty awesome is a campaign mode! I'm sure this idea has probably been brought up, and I'm hoping the team at Reloaded is considering this. The game engine is beautiful and the multiplayer is a lot of fun! Being able to apply it to a story based campaign mode would be so much fun! This would allow for a universe of lure behind Hawken and allow new players to get a nice feel for the game in a PvE world. There could also be a co-op mode where players team up to do missions. Just like any other fps game the difficulty would increase with progression, and there could also be different levels of difficulty overall.

It would be even cooler if the AI were programmed to challenge us, and teach us tactics that would help us succeed in the PvP environment. I know a predator style level where we would have to stealth attack and flank the enemies would be great! It's a pretty tough style to master, and playing missions that introduced that sort of gameplay would be pretty helpful!

• SandSpider2, Upright_6, Dawn_of_Ash and 2 others like this

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

I was talking with a buddy of mine while playing earlier and something we think that would be pretty awesome is a campaign mode! I'm sure this idea has probably been brought up, and I'm hoping the team at Reloaded is considering this. The game engine is beautiful and the multiplayer is a lot of fun! Being able to apply it to a story based campaign mode would be so much fun! This would allow for a universe of lure behind Hawken and allow new players to get a nice feel for the game in a PvE world. There could also be a co-op mode where players team up to do missions. Just like any other fps game the difficulty would increase with progression, and there could also be different levels of difficulty overall.

It would be even cooler if the AI were programmed to challenge us, and teach us tactics that would help us succeed in the PvP environment. I know a predator style level where we would have to stealth attack and flank the enemies would be great! It's a pretty tough style to master, and playing missions that introduced that sort of gameplay would be pretty helpful!

It's not a bad idea.  It could work pretty well-- however, I'd rather Reloaded focus first on retaining a solid playerbase and tweaking with balance first.  THEN we can talk about campaign.

• Upright_6 and Cardinal_1 like this

Cardinal_1

Cardinal_1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

It's not a bad idea.  It could work pretty well-- however, I'd rather Reloaded focus first on retaining a solid playerbase and tweaking with balance first.  THEN we can talk about campaign.

Thanks! I do agree. Playerbase takes priority over campaign, so they should definitely focus on whatever they need to in order to accomplish this. Although, I know quite a few people who would love to play a game like this exclusively for a tasty story. Nonetheless, it is a F2P game and focusing on the gameplay would be more beneficial.

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Thanks! I do agree. Playerbase takes priority over campaign, so they should definitely focus on whatever they need to in order to accomplish this. Although, I know quite a few people who would love to play a game like this exclusively for a tasty story. Nonetheless, it is a F2P game and focusing on the gameplay would be more beneficial.

I know it ain't much, but there are fan fiction stories (such as my own below) that were specifically made to fill in the blanks, add more background to Illal.  The problem with Hawken is that whoever was the original creator for the world, obviously had TONS of backstory to it.  It's evident by descriptions, various comics, and the look and feel of Hawken itself-- but we've got none of that good story goodness in the game itself.  Either way, check it out if you got the time.

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, 26 March 2015 - 07:53 PM.

• Cardinal_1 likes this

Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

As you have said, this idea has been suggested before. Adhesive Games had said no. Please Reloaded Games, do this after you finish getting a good player base! :D

Your idea is a good one, and I would LOVE a good story.

Edited by Dawn_of_Ash, 27 March 2015 - 12:23 AM.

• Cardinal_1 likes this

SandSpider2

SandSpider2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
I think that this is an excellent idea that Reloaded should seriously consider, once they have done all the other important things first and the numbers are up.

DLC content has worked very well for DCUO and something like that for Hawken could pull in a lot of extra revenue. It could also expand on the lore and universe very nicely.

Single player missions could unlock unique skins and other cosmetics as well, as an extra reward. I for one would love to play something like that.

Edited by SandSpider2, 27 March 2015 - 12:38 AM.

• Cardinal_1, Bad_BennyAK and LONEDEADWOLF like this

SandSpiderBanner%207_zpsf0vtqnox.png

The Atlas Of Illal https://community.pl...atlas-of-illal/

Illal Maps and Information https://community.pl...nd-information/
An Interview With Laila https://community.pl...iew-with-laila/

The Quarantine of Illal https://community.pl...ntine-of-illal/

LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

One of the main reasons I believe there is a lack of a massive player base is the lack of a good story(Campaign). If need be charge folks 19.99 for it but is one of the main things needed in this game. Tweaking is going to take far too long and by the time your done there are going to be too many games being released... Attention will be taken away and those like myself who have been waiting for the story(Campaign) will loose interest.... I'm waiting but I am loosing faith that the back story to such a good game is coming. Soon I will be moving on.........people need a reason to get in the arena of a game besides objectives...there needs to be a reason (a story)  (a Campaign) is that reason....

Edited by LONEDEADWOLF, 01 June 2017 - 06:28 PM.

talons1337

talons1337

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Adhesive did nothing wrong.

When in doubt, attack your own team. You will still get points for it!

5Fv3Gsb.jpg

NBv9U8X.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Campaign, Gamemode, Story, Gametype, Career, Progression, Lure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users