• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

ATX22

ATX22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

I will be happy when an update to the game does come. Then, hopefully, the forums will have less

D%C3%A9tail_de_%22Blah,_blah,_blah%22_du

Happy gaming everybody  :teehee:

After the update it will be demands for Linux support and in-game trading.  :teehee:

• Dedhed likes this

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Josh and Tiggs were probably on some other team or project at Reloaded and were shifted over to this effort. If there was any serious thought that Hawken could become a respectably profitable operation, someone from within the company with programming experience would have immediately come along with. Instead it's been months.

Has Josh or Tiggs ever said that they are ONLY working on Hawken? They may be working a significant % of their time for Reloaded's other titles. Same with these new hires, I doubt they will work only on Hawken and exclude all other Reloaded games. Many of these cost calculations assume the team is solely the expense of Hawken... If they do most of their work for a more profitable game title then the costs to Hawken are quite low, and they can push it along when they have nothing better to do (may* explain the current pace of Hawken development... or maybe they are actually putting in lots of effort under the covers fixing some big Hawken issues)

That said, I'm happy to keep playing even if development is a bit slow, cos at least it is showing signs of progress.

Edited by 6ixxer, 14 February 2016 - 06:00 PM.

• DieselCat likes this

KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Has Josh or Tiggs ever said that they are ONLY working on Hawken? They may be working a significant % of their time for Reloaded's other titles. 

If I remember correctly they are working solely on Hawken and that CapnJosh asked specifically to be put on that team. This is also why they had to hire on new people and all that because this is a team dedicated to Hawken. I could be wrong but I remember CapnJosh talking about this stuff early on and how this would be where their focus was while other members of Reloaded continued on with their other projects. Though from the sounds of it they don't really do much with their other games (APB Reloaded) beyond upkeep and some minor stuff here and there that the publisher GamersFirst okays for them to do. That was part of the reason CapnJosh wanted on Hawken because Reloaded is the sole owner of Hawken and they can do whatever they want with it.

• dorobo likes this

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Call me Mr. Obvious if you wish but.. according to what I've reading on the first post in here, I'd say that the devs are working on UI, "engine" and Vivox implementations in the game.

I may be wrong on that though.. ;)

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice.

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

Call me Mr. Obvious if you wish but.. according to what I've reading on the first post in here, I'd say that the devs are working on UI, "engine" and Vivox implementations in the game.

I may be wrong on that though.. ;)

UI can be clumsy at times, again, game ware scale form let's you set up the UI lake a flash applet. That's just my 2MC tho.

Engine is good, minor issues, more of them not directly related to the engine, again, hawken was kit-bashed together.

Vivox is already a part of hawken, albeit disabled atm. Prolly just needed some tlc.

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Still no proof Josh is employed by Reloaded and running the Hawken show.

• Kindos7 and hellc9943 like this

khn3gAi.jpg?1CitkI9t.jpgGkp2fB7.jpg

Come on Crafty, you have been officially called out on your lies. Your online reputation is at stake here, this is just like an old school street race running for pink slips. Its run what you brung and hope its enough. Put up or shut the fuzzy bunny up.

IRON_LORD

IRON_LORD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I'm really glad they are working on my favourite fps! I waited YEARS to buy a computer capable of running the game smoothly.
These news made my day.

...now don't disappoint me again, pls.

Ashfire908

Ashfire908

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Still no proof Josh is employed by Reloaded and running the Hawken show.

If you would like proof please submit the request in writing via fax, as well as your legal photo id and birth certificate. The number is 1-800-NO-TROLLS.

Spoiler

Edited by Ashfire908, 26 February 2016 - 04:37 PM.

• eth0, DieselCat, Rainbow_Sheep and 1 other like this
Creator of ScrimBot and other community tools.

[kloeri] And we're done for now with all the rebooting.. except for a single server that will be rebooted when it's done pretending it's a tree.

ATX22

ATX22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

If you would like proof please submit the request in writing via fax, as well as your legal photo id and birth certificate. The number is 1-800-NO-TROLLS.

Spoiler

1-800-NOT-ROLL ?  EXT 7?

All I get is some foreign dude that's asking if I'm calling back about the errors my "Windows" is reporting to their server.  Fax beeps confuses them.

Edited by ATX22, 26 February 2016 - 04:42 PM.

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

... or maybe they are actually putting in lots of effort under the covers fixing some big Hawken issues)

Uhh...say what ?

Just Relax....and take life one game at a time....

Don't run to your death....walk

th_Duckman.jpg   th_82c0a97c-98de-4aac-be47-05e5e099be80.

*+

Charcoal

Charcoal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

So there's hope I can have an A Class Pico Grenadier eventually?

Yay!

Espadax

Espadax

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

uhhg sigh*

While we talk about updates and stuff... all I think of is hoping it'll look like this again. I NEVER GET TIRED OF THIS VIDEO

Spoiler

Spoiler

In my opinion, this was Hawken at it's prime. When the time to kill was longer and two good pilots could duel for a good 15 seconds of CQB before someone came out on top by outsmarting their enemy and barely surviving with a few dozen hp left. I miss the old UI that was integrated in the cockpit. I miss the game in this state in general. I'm glad I'm not the only one. 

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

In my opinion, this was Hawken at it's prime. When the time to kill was longer and two good pilots could duel for a good 15 seconds of CQB before someone came out on top by outsmarting their enemy and barely surviving with a few dozen hp left. I miss the old UI that was integrated in the cockpit. I miss the game in this state in general. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Duels like that still happen, just saying. Play it right and your TTK is just as long given more developed and less restrictive movement options.

I don't know if you played alpha, or CB, or early open beta, but can people say they miss the game in that state if they didn't actually play it? How it looks is different than how it plays sometimes.

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

Draco3

Draco3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Well it's been a month since the last update.  Here's hoping that Reloaded give us some more information in the next week or so.  The forums will go into melt down (again) and my enthusiasm will sink again (only to be lifted by the next "promise of something" update).  

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
How about we don't incite a melt down by suggesting there will be one.

Josh said big stuff hoping to land by summer sale. Tiggs says they've been fixing some big stuff.

Just chill people.

Draco3

Draco3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Not trying to incite anything.  Looking back at my comment, probably should have read something like "the forums might go into melt down again".  However that is probably not warranted.  I will wait.

I suspect you mean the next Steam Summer Sale, which is about 100 days away http://whenisthenextsteamsale.com/

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
yeah,
Josh better have something for summer sale, so i'll forgive him for being busy trying to get it happen.

In fact I'm kinda hoping he hold back some goodies specifically for the summer sale. Specifically new map(s)s and mech(s). A new map means experienced players have less of a home ground advantage over new pilots. A new mech would hopefully be introduced on the conservative side, rather than OP, so once again experienced pilots all give it a go and the new pilots don't get as punished as if all experienced pilots are in their favorite mech.

Voip can come early tho. gimme, gimme, gimme.
Other bugfixes and player experience fixes too so they can be silky smooth before trying to attract new players.

Draco3

Draco3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

To be honest, I would like for them to release something.  1 or 2 things (like a map or a mech - not another customisation) and then do the other bigger reveals at the future date.  I think this would show progress and have people stop thinking/saying "it's all talk no action".  

Zero000

Zero000

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello I was one of the first people to start playing open in beta. I loved the way the game played and the dirty grimy feel of the cockpits especially the way it (cross-hairs, ammo, HP, etc) moved with the mech not glued to the screen. When you launched a battleship it attacked you doing decent damage. 

While I did not like some of the changes that were being made at least updates and changes were happening on a regular basis. When the game stopped being updated and the development team vanished I thought the game would die a slow death. I am happy to see that people still play.

When the game does have an actual patch/update I'll go back to playing again. :thumbsup:

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

33cb784c3b955a12cc0cf906b34277e570c2a840

still no news  :teehee:

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler